Proposal - Forgotten Realms Player's Guide

garyh

First Post
I generally prefer to let folks flavor things for their own PCs, but if we're going to have a unified Spellscared background, I really like TwoHeadsBarking's idea about Hekates. I could get behind that.

Oni

First Post
I was going to suggest something very similar to what TwoHeadsBarking did. My own character has tie ins to Hekates and believes she is returning. I've noticed that a couple other people have done similar things. Perhaps the spellplague powers are a manifistation of her bid for her return as a major power. Physical manifestation being swirls and whirls and spiraling patterns on the body. The spiral seems to be another reoccuring them in the transitive isles that has popped up several places in relation to an unknown power and would make a good fit. My own character is using the spiral symbol as his mark for Hekates, I think it showed up in Hoofchew, and again in the recently proposed Waiting Below. Could be an interesting meta-plot for the transitive isles and something fun for DM's to play with.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I was thinking pretty much the same thing as Oni just said. I'd have to take a look at what exactly the spellplague stuff actually gives a character, but as long as it's balanced, I see this as a really cool way to flavour it for the Transitive Isles.

The Digger

First Post
"Hekates? Yes! That name ressssonates. Is it she who speaks to me or is it another? Only time will tell. Ha ha! And time will tell YOU nothing. She only speaks to me!"

Girth tiptoed away, charred footprints behind him in the sand...

Dunamin

First Post
How about if we establish the Hekates idea as default for Spellscarred, but leave it open to players to flavor the mechanics differently if they wish to?

That way we are likely to get at least a few characters that anchor the concept into the setting, but we don't enforce players that want to follow different ideas.

Ozymandias79

First Post
Uhm, I am currently working on a place infected with spellplague so could we please use the Hekate-idea for the dragonmarks instead? I mean the spellplague is something you contract from a place that may affect you or your descendant.

covaithe

Explorer
If you want to have a magical plague, some sort of wild magic effect that does strange things in some part of the world, and maybe messes up a few islands or maybe a small continent, but isn't global, yeah, that's fine. But I think there's some resistance to the idea of pasting THE spellplague into our world's history, a world-shaking thing that eats gods and continents for breakfast and literally changes everything.

Remove ads