New Penny Arcade Podcast

JackSmithIV

First Post
Wil Wheaton is awesome. He'd fit in with my group seamlessly. I wonder if this is meant to resemble a published module, or if this is just Chris Perkins winging-it. Either way, very cool!

P

PaulofCthulhu

It sounds like the DM is on a separate mic to the rest of the players.

Smooth voice Mr. Perkins.

wedgeski

Adventurer
I really hope those new players out there, who might be intimidated by the game without having played it yet, listen to podcasts like these and realise exactly just how much of a laugh D&D normally is.

Also, Perkins. Most patient DM ever. /salute

OchreJelly

First Post
I really hope those new players out there, who might be intimidated by the game without having played it yet, listen to podcasts like these and realise exactly just how much of a laugh D&D normally is.

Also, Perkins. Most patient DM ever. /salute

Penny Arcade just updated their site with a long post discussing their introduction to DND (Penny Arcade! - Please Check One). Here's a chunk:

Gabe said:
I was really happy to hear so many people come up to the booth at New York and say they enjoyed the D&D podcasts we did. That was my first time ever playing Dungeons and Dragons and I had a great time. People have asked me why I never played before that and I guess I just had some misconceptions about what D&D was. The more I talk to Tycho about what previous editions of the game were like, the more I'm glad I came in when I did. It sounds like a lot of the stuff that might have turned me off from the game was stripped out for 4th edition. Obviously I'm not an expert but my impression after talking with Tycho is that they've made a significantly more accessible game. I think it was the new 4th edition rules combined with where I was in my tabletop journey that made D&D really appeal to me. The tabletop journey I mentioned is actually sort of interesting. I've been thinking about why I was sort of primed for D&D and if you trace it back through the news posts you can see that it starts with Pokemon of all things.

I think it's pretty insightful on a new player's approach to 4E, coming from mostly a video game / CCG background.

darjr

I crit!
Thanks for the link.

And I just gotta say, brilliant marketing. I have not listened to it yet, but the PVP podcasts have gone a long way in my book. Especially since it isn't just that but also an entertaining and fun set of casts.

Thank you!

Edit: I've listened to the others, and I'll listen to this one on my way to run a game for folks in the next town over this sat, just wish the second one was up for the games on sunday.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases