D&D 4th Edition Drowquest [4e] Raiding the Road (Hiatus)


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 311
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Evilhalfling's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Roof of America, yelling
    Posts
    5,614
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews

    Ignore Evilhalfling
    My communities:

    Drowquest [4e] Raiding the Road (Hiatus)

    Abbil-Belerns two training patrols are out with a pair of regular patrols. The Captain has recently arrived with his lieutenants. Caliban, your patrol leader is going over battle positioning and reviewing the handsigns that allow you to communicate as if you could have full discussions in another place entirely

    The patrol groups are spaced out in a large cavern, several days travel from the Vault of the Drow. The company has used this cave before, and bedrolls were pulled from a hidden compartment. Caliban led you to a small alcove off one side of the cavern.
    The alcove is 15 wide and 10 deep, with the spider crammed into a back corner. Half way up the wall.

    Without warning the cavern begins to shake and the ceiling collapses with a thunderous roar!

    Caliban was just outside the alcove, he leaps for the alcove left wall but is pinned under a boulder, and half buried in loose rocks.
    Drisdaun and Rantyr are both injured by debris.

    As a few rocks continue to fall, You hear a voice in undercommon: Now finish off the survivors, and collect our trophies.

    OOC: Reflex attacks 5,7,7,9,10; Drisdhaun 17(dmg 7), Rantyr 15 (10 dmg)
    Caliban hit (plot dmg)
    Last edited by Evilhalfling; Monday, 3rd August, 2009 at 07:22 AM.
    Game Quote:
    "Sir is not allowed into the dance, because you don't have an invitation, your wearing a dress, and its covered in poo."

    "You all are the worst emissaries, ever!" the silver dragon declares, shaking with rage.
    "Its a game, a game, I'm only playing. " E. Wiggen
    My PbP games , Roll Dice

 

  • #2
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    Nashquiri will raise his staff defensively in front of himself and attempts to back away from any threats he sees.

    OOC

    Initiative (1d20+2=18) if required, forgot +2 from Warlord, should be 20
    Last edited by renau1g; Thursday, 19th February, 2009 at 10:54 PM.

  • #3
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Phaezen's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Durbanville, South Africa
    Posts
    2,295
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Phaezen
    My communities:

    Drisdhaun glances around the area glancing for any potential threats. Perception = 2

    Drawing his sword he glances over at the rest of the patrol, the fingers of his off hand dancing out a question "Anyone hurt?, situation report"

    OOC

    Initiative = 20 if needed


    Mini Statblock


    Drisdhaun - Male Drow Resourceful Warlord 1
    Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 9, Passive Insight: 9 Darkvision
    AC: 16 Fort: 14 Reflex: 12 Will: 14
    HP: 15/22 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 5
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    Powers -
    Opening Shove
    Vipers Strike

    Hammer Formation
    Cloud of Darkness or Darkfire

    Inspiring Word
    Inspiring Word
    Bastion of Defense

    Last edited by Phaezen; Thursday, 19th February, 2009 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Put in mini statblock
    David Muller

  • #4
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    nerdytenor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,999
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore nerdytenor
    My communities:

    An answer arrives from Rantyr on the cavern floor.

    "If you would but look, dear Drisdhaun, you would have your answer," he says sarcastically.

    Rantyr retrieves himself from the ground, several scratches visible on his face and a bit of blood streaming near his wrist where he caught his fall.

    "Blasted rocks."

    OOC: Initiative 8, if needed (For some reason I put -1 instead of +5 into the roller, which is why invisible castle says 2 and not 8 (I must have been looking at perception)

    Rantyr Status

    Rantyr, Drow Warlock 1
    Init +5 Perception: 9 Insight: 9 DarkVision
    AC 15 Fortitude 11 Reflex 14 Will 15
    Hit Points: 15 / 25 Bloodied: 12
    Temporary Hit Points: 0
    Action Points: 1 Second Wind: Available
    Healing Surge: 6 Surges per day: 7 / 7
    Encounter Resources:

    • Witchfire
    • Darkfire OR Cloud of Darkness
    • Use Action Point

    Daily Resources:

    • Dread Star

    Last edited by nerdytenor; Wednesday, 18th February, 2009 at 10:48 PM. Reason: formatting

  • #5
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Atanatotatos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Europe.And the pbp boards
    Posts
    3,296
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Atanatotatos
    My communities:

    Djaar stays quetly behind the group, checking his own body to be sure everything is alright, then he starts looking for cover or some place to conceal himself.

    ooc:Initiative 14, Stealth 20 if possible.

    mini-stats
    Djaar- Drow Rogue 1
    Initiative:+4 Passive perception:16 Passive Insight:11 (darkvision)
    AC:16 For:12 Ref:16 Will:13
    HP:26/26 Bloodied:13 Surges value:6 Surges/day:8/8
    Speed:6 Languages:Common, deep speech?
    AP:1 Second Wind:1
    Basic attack: +4 vs AC, 1d4+0
    ranged +8 vs AC, 1d4+4, rng 5/10
    Powers: piercing strike, deft strike
    Cloud of darkness//darkfire, fox's gambit
    blinding barrage
    Last edited by Atanatotatos; Wednesday, 18th February, 2009 at 11:25 PM.
    Current PBP
    DM in:
    Ata's 4e PPvPP Arena


    Playing:
    Koryo of the Tiger's Rest in Voda Vosa's "Path of Enlightment"
    Belleros Arkeion in Sparky's "Thorantar"
    Thormir Brassbeard in EvolutionKB's "Lost-Eberron-4eStyle"
    Anostor Duran in covaithe's "Death's Reach"

    In L4W:
    Alexander Duran, Proud member of the MMC
    in:
    Phoenix8008's "The Captain's Caper"
    "Redblade's Riches"
    Hadarai Polemarkos
    in:
    KenHood's "TURTLEDOME!:Battle Bone"

    In LEB:
    Thusk Tharashk Duran

    Come join us in the Shifting Seas and Transitive Isles of Living 4th Edition, amazing adventures and great fun guaranteed!
    Then to play community 4e in Eberron join us in LEB too! Give life to your characters and contribute to the living settings!



    Please excuse my poor English. It is not my first language.

  • #6
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    DEFCON 1's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Burlington, MA
    Posts
    5,716
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews

    Ignore DEFCON 1
    Javilex rolls over and throws his hands up over his face to cover his head as the shaking and crashing thunders through the caverns. For the several seconds as the collapse echoes and echoes, he lies sprawled on his bedroll right below where Saereth hangs on the wall. "What is the blazes is going on?!?" he shouts over the din.

    Once the rockfall draws to a close and the voice bellows out, the drow scrambles to his feet and grabs ahold of his large curved blade, taking it lightly in both hands. He gives a high-pitched whistle, and immediately the tarantula scrambles down the wall and stops by his side.

    "The report would be one of trouble, I'd say." Javilex replies.

    Initiative: 14

    Javilex & Saereth:
    Javilex Ahr

    Initiative +2
    Senses Darkvision; Passive Insight 12, Passive Perception 17
    HP 26; Bloodied 13; Healing Surge 6; Surges Per Day 8
    AC 15; Fort 14, Ref 13, Will 12
    Speed 6; Action Points 1

    Circling Strike
    Hit And Run
    Enclose The Prey
    Cloud of Darkness
    Darkfire
    Partnered Savaging

    Str 16 (+3) Dex 15 (+2) Wis 14 (+2)
    Con 14 (+2) Int 10 (+0) Cha 10 (+0)
    Trained Skills Acrobatics +6, Athletics +7,
    Dungeoneering +7, Perception +7, Stealth +8

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Saereth - Giant Tarantula (Spider)

    HP 22; Bloodied 11; Healing Surge 5;
    AC 15; Fort 12, Ref 13, Will 13
    Speed 6
    Str 14 (+2) Dex 16 (+3) Wis 12 (+1)
    Con 12 (+1) Int 6 (-2) Cha 6 (-2)
    Trained Skills Athletics +7, Stealth +8

    Last edited by DEFCON 1; Wednesday, 18th February, 2009 at 11:16 PM.

  • #7
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore EvolutionKB
    My communities:

    ooc
    Hmm..I don't know how I missed this. Init: 19 if needed. I hope nobody forgot the +2 from our warlord. Roll Lookup


    Vorgrym was spreading his own bedroll out, when the cavern began to shake and the ceiling collapsed. Leaping nimbly to his feet, he draws his blades, covering his mouth and nose with his sleeve until the dust settles. "I'm fine, here."

    Combat Block

    Initiative +3
    Senses Darkvision; Passive Insight 12, Passive Perception 12
    HP 27; Bloodied 13; Healing Surge 6 ; Surges Per Day 10
    AC 18; Fort 15, Ref 14, Will 12
    Speed 6
    Action Points 1
    Dual Strike(standard; at-will) ✦ Martial, Weapon
    +8/+6 Main and Off-hand vs AC. 1d6+3/1d4+2 damage.
    Footwork Lure (standard; at-will) ✦ Martial, Weapon
    +8 vs AC; 1d6+6 damage and Vorgrym can shift one square and slide the target into the space Vorgrym left.
    Distracting Spate(standard; encounter) ✦ Martial, Weapon
    +8 vs AC. Hit: 2d6+9 and the target grants combat advantage to Vorgrym until the end of his next turn.
    Lasting Threat (standard; daily) ✦ Reliable, Martial, Weapon)
    +8vs AC; 3d6+6 and the target is marked until the end of the encounter or until Vorgrym is knocked unconscious. No mark can supercede this one.
    Cloud of Darkness(minor; encounter)✦Close Burst 1
    Effect: The burst creates a cloud of darkness that remains in place until the end of Vorgrym's next turn. The cloud blocks line of sight, squares within are totally obscured and creatures within are blinded until they exit. Vorgrym is immune to these effects.
    Darkfire(minor; encounter) ✦Range 10; 1 creature
    +6 vs Reflex; Until the end of Vorgrym's next turn all attacks against the target have combat advantage and the target can't benefit from concealment or invisibility.

    Last edited by EvolutionKB; Friday, 20th February, 2009 at 12:36 AM.

  • #8
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Evilhalfling's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Roof of America, yelling
    Posts
    5,614
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews

    Ignore Evilhalfling
    My communities:

    The ceiling collapse appears total, with the entry to the alcove filled with a virtual wall of stone and earth. Through the wall you can hear muted violence but nothing distinct. Digging through the blockage could take minutes or hours depending on the extent of the collapse on the other side.

    In your small alcove the crushed Caliban gives a long moan of pain.
    The last of the flying debris strike Drisdhaun and Nashquiri, while Javilex seems to have gotten back out of the way. The dust begins to settle.

    Djaar presses up against the front wall of the alcove, with good cover from the entrance, he doges a rock that rolls at him.
    Javilex squeezes into the corner.

    OOC: Reflex attacks: 7,8, Djaar 14(miss), Drisdhaun 15 (4 damage) Nashquri 19 (11 dmg) ; Javilex – safe.
    row 1 is difficult terrain, the corner space is a squeeze.

    Mini Map -
    Code:
    Blocked 
    Cave 
    |.Ca.|
    Na.Dr.Dj   (row 1)
    Vo.Sp.Ra   (row 2)
    Ja         (corner space)
    Last edited by Evilhalfling; Friday, 20th February, 2009 at 03:49 AM.
    Game Quote:
    "Sir is not allowed into the dance, because you don't have an invitation, your wearing a dress, and its covered in poo."

    "You all are the worst emissaries, ever!" the silver dragon declares, shaking with rage.
    "Its a game, a game, I'm only playing. " E. Wiggen
    My PbP games , Roll Dice

  • #9
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore EvolutionKB
    My communities:

    Vorgrym

    Vorgrym looks around for another way out of the cave-in. If he doesn't find any, he berates his comrades. "Dig! Or move so I can!"

  • #10
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    EvolutionKB's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Posts
    4,388
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore EvolutionKB
    My communities:

    Vorgrym

    stupid double post

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Raiding House Cannith
      By Storminator in forum Campaign Wiki Pages
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Tuesday, 5th February, 2013, 07:56 PM
    2. Raiding Kesh Shaarat
      By Storminator in forum Campaign Wiki Pages
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Monday, 24th December, 2012, 12:20 AM
    3. Raiding vs. tabletopping
      By RangerWickett in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 54
      Last Post: Friday, 15th January, 2010, 11:02 PM
    4. Drowquest [4e] OOC:
      By Evilhalfling in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 108
      Last Post: Friday, 24th July, 2009, 07:34 PM
    5. Rogues' Gallery - Drowquest
      By Evilhalfling in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Friday, 5th June, 2009, 11:17 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •