Drowquest [4e] Raiding the Road (Hiatus)

nerdytenor

First Post
Raelyn tries his best to keep the goblins at ease while projecting an image of the drow party is powerful, worthy masters to be feared.

OOC: Diplomacy 27 with encounter power. No time to write up any witty dialogue this morning, alas.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Djaar slowly and menacingly draws a dagger, the steel scraping as it leaves the sheath.
"or if you would rather be dead..."
He tries a fancy catch and reverse, so that the dagger is in position to throw, while glaring at the goblins. Unfortunately that means he takes his eyes off the blade. It slips through his fingers and clatters to the floor.
OOC: intimidate 1+8=9
we have lost Djaar's player, we should have a replacement soon.
goblin reaction coming shortly...

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The goblin next to the cart finishes his bow and says:
Of course sirs, allow me to introduce you to our former chiefs, I sure we can get this fixed. He gestures down the hallway to the east.

The goblin on top of the pile nods vigorously,
" Yeah, he is right we just the guys hauling rock, although some of us are better at it than others. You need to talk to the Chief and his Shaman."

The last goblin takes all of you in "Ah! Drow! HELP!!"
he turns to run southward.
OOC: initiatives to stop him (physically) and/or skill rolls to prevent escalation

Attachments

• Drow4.JPG
    Drow4.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Nashquiri concentrates on creating one of his cantrips, whispering "I wouldn't do that if I were you, we're already here. You only saw us because we want to be seen." hoping to cow the retreating goblin into returning to his original position

[sblock=OOC]
Cast Ghost Sound adjacent to the goblin, whispering so only it hears the wizard
Intimidate (1d20+3=19)
[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=retcon] I'd like to take Djaar away from being a menacing fellow, can we scratch that fumble of a intimidate check up there?[/sblock]

Djaar gives a sidelong look at Nashquiri, not sure what all that mumbling is about...
Wait my little tribe members we are here to lead you to a new and glorious future! Come you shall be the first to join, and given high rank in order to show our respect for the mighty goblin tribes. Let us bring your brethren together and take back what was rightfully yours! Goblins are the future of our world you know...

Calmly approaching the goblin who is about to run as he speaks, Djaar doesn't want to alert the little guy.

We are your new masters, yes, but we are kind masters, we will only ask of you what you are capable of. I think it would be wise if we had parley with your shaman, and chief, so that they could be given positions as well. Of course you would be of higher station than them, as you are here first to volunteer.

Javilex, wouldn't it be grand if we had such strong goblins as these for our close body guard? They seem absolutely rippling with muscle. Of course the chief and shaman know to only send the strongest and most dedicated goblins to collect such heavy rock.

Djaar pats the goblin who was about to run on his back, leaving his arm over the little fellow's shoulder, as good friends often do.

[sblock=ooc]
Djaar 9 initiative, 23 bluff to convince the runner to stop running. move directly next to the runner, and grab him... in a friendly way.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The goblin just is jus beginning to run when he jerks his head back and looks around with an even more startled expression. The hesitation allows Djaar to reach him and talk him down, he still looks confused but is nodding.

The goblin by the eastern hallway bows again. “Ratbreath don’t need to come, I can show you to the chiefs. Garrgimir could even stay and fix the cart, that way mining can go on. If we all go the throne room is gonna get crowded.” Garrgmir replies testily “why don’t you fix the cart!”
And the two begin to argue, again.

Phaezen

First Post
Pleasently surprised at the outcome, Drisdhaun makes to follow the goblin down the passage.

Looking at his companions he flicks his fingers in the drow hand languange "Be alert for betrayal at all times here". Out aloud he looks squarely at the goblins "Ratbreath, Garrgimir that cart will be fixed by the time we return or we will be dining on goblin ear stew this evening" He gestures at the third goblin "lead the way"

renau1g

First Post
"Yes, it'd better be done, we'll be watching" Nashquiri adds, pulling up his cloak and whispering "Yes, we'll be keeping an eye on you" with his Ghost Sound behind the pair assigned to fixing the cart.

Remove ads