Proposal - Martial Power

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Yes, Marked Scourge probably isn't a big enough deal to drag it out this long. I'm more interested in just getting this resolved, for those who want to use stuff from MP.

garyh

First Post
Okay, here's my vote:

No on Battlerage Vigor. I think it's too powerful as written, and don't want a strange hacked version for folks to learn. If people want a fighter that uses temp HP, let's see a new build proposed as a separate rule (Vigorous Talent or something).

Yes on everything else in Martial Power, including Marked Scourge as written.

garyh

First Post
From the Charter:

Changing the rules: proposing new sources and mechanics

Any player may propose that the rules be changed, or that new source material be allowed. To do so, the player should create a new thread in the forum with a title beginning with "Proposal: ". In the proposal, they should explain what the proposed change to the rules is, and why they feel that the change is needed. The judges, after allowing time for refinement and discussion of the proposal, will vote by indicating YES or NO in a post in that thread. In order to pass, a proposal must receive at least three YES votes, and the YES votes must outnumber the NO votes by at least two. When that condition has been met for 48 hours, the proposal passes and becomes part of the official rules. If a proposal receives at least 3 NO votes, and NO votes outnumber YES votes by at least two for a period of 48 hours, the proposal fails and the matter is closed.

So, once we've got 3 more Yeses than Nos for 48 hours, new rules become official.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I think you've won me over on Marked Scourge, garyh. I'm going to change my vote a bit here.

NO: Battlerager Vigor class feature: I think garyh and other members of the community have a point. It's probably better to just exclude BRV, and then write up and propose something that is clearly a houserule separate from MP if we want a replacement. Invigorating powers are still available, which can give fighters a good increase in durability, if they want it. Finally, the barbarian is coming soon anyway, and can probably fill this niche.

YES: Martial Power, minus Battlerager Vigor (this means YES for Marked Scourge as-written as well).
Again, with the important caveat that problematic elements can be excluded later by proposals.

Dunamin

First Post
Well, since Marked Scourge isn't a big issue for me and in the interest of getting things done I'll go along with its inclusion.

No change on my view of Battlerager, though; I still think Evo's suggestion makes for an alright compromise but full omission is fine as well.

I'll edit the last post with my votes to reflect.

Changing the rules: proposing new sources and mechanics

In order to pass, a proposal must receive at least three YES votes, and the YES votes must outnumber the NO votes by at least two. When that condition has been met for 48 hours, the proposal passes and becomes part of the official rules. If a proposal receives at least 3 NO votes, and NO votes outnumber YES votes by at least two for a period of 48 hours, the proposal fails and the matter is closed.

So, once we've got 3 more Yeses than Nos for 48 hours, new rules become official.

You mean 2 more Yes than No, but at least 3, right? ;)

Which should now allow "Martial Power, minus Battlerager Vigor" to pass by the weekend, barring any changes.

Ozymandias79

First Post
I am actully for a full omission of the BRV rather than half-baked version of it and then I think must also say no to the Tempest build to as it get more than the BRV for the money.

I just hope we could include them once AP and DP comes out as we haven't seen the full picture yet. I do not think that the BRV are overpowered.

Dunamin

First Post
Martial Power has just been updated.

Notably, Marked Scourge has been nerfed to "Once per round" - I guess that puts me well in the camp that it's an alright paragon feat.

garyh

First Post
Wait, we had two votes for Marked Scourge as written, so how did it get nerfed? I meant "as written in the book," not "as house-ruled."

EDIT: Oh, you mean Wizards nerfed it. Never mind. We automatically go with WotC updates.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases