Help me spice up my D&D 4e adventure

Fluxx

First Post
My group from Aachen - stay out!!!

Hello, I'm new here on the board and I hope you can help me with my next adventure.
First some informations about me and my group: Although I'm in RPGing for several years I'm new to D&D - playing 4e for some months, never played another edition before. As our GM wants to play himself for sometime I will take over our group for the next time. We are four level 9 heroes. (swordmage, rogue, cleric, warlock). Our setting is Urbis. The home of the heroes is a big city named Dartmouth (roughly compareable to London in the 19th century but with magic instead of steam engines).

For my first adventure I still need some good ideas and hope you are able to help me out ;)
I have some story in my head where my heroes have to encounter a corrupted eidolon later on. Now I'm planning a short introduction adventure where the heroes get some hints that there is s.th. going on in the city but still don't have a clue what it will be exactly...
I'm going to begin with the event when the eidolon becomes corrupted. There is some member of a cult in the background (Mr X) who wants the eidolon to become corrupted, so he tries to trick him to do s.th. evil. (as a eidolon has Int 7 that shouldn't be to difficult). The deity the eidolon belongs to is Dhala a goddes who stands for secretly help others, altruism, favours, random acts of kindness,... So Mr X tells the eidolon about some poor labourer who had a bad time (wife died, lost his job,...) and gives him an idea how to help by donating the labourer a mighty artifact which would help him. Of course the eidolon will organize this artifact and send it anonymous to the poor guy, not knowing that the artifact isn't as helpful as he thinks. The artifact will fullfill wishes to the owner but on its own way: when the labourer wants his wife back, the artifact summons a succubus looking like the wife, if he wants money it summons some demons who steal the money,... (of course each such summoning will drain on the life of the owner).
That is the point where the heroes come in. They will encounter some robbing demons in the city (nice little fight), follow them to the flat where the labourer lives (little skill contest), stand up to the succubus (another nice fight) and hopefully afterwards find some hints (perhaps a letter the eidolon sent with his present).

Now my questions:
1) What do you think about the story so far? Is it reasonable that such an act will lead to a corruption of the eidolon?
2) do you have a better idea how to trick an eidolon into corruption?
3) what do you think about the artifact? some better ideas? some more detailed ideas how to design it?
4) What now? There has to happen s.th. else before the adventure ends. I think the artifact should be destroyed. But just a disenchant magic item shouldn't be the way to do it. How can I do it that the heroes have to do s.th. to destroy the Item? (I don't want to send them on a long travel because the next adventure will do this. I prefere it if they stay in town or perhaps leave the town only for a short time through some kind of portal...) They are in a big city so there will be enough possibilities to get help from experts of all kind. But of course the heroes should be the guys who destroy it.
Oh and some possibilities to drop some treasures would be fine to :D

I think the quest of destroying the item doesn't need to be overly long - it's just planned as a short introduction adventure. But if it lasts longer it would do no harm...

I hope you can help me with this...

thx

Fluxx

Ydars

Explorer
Fluxx: I would be happy to try and spark you into some ideas but first, please let me know that you are still around and checking these boards.

Fluxx

First Post
Hi - yes I'm still on the board but just missed that someone answered to my request. Unfortunatlely we played yesterday so your input would come to late... :(

But thx alot for your offer to help...

perhaps in the next days I will have another request ;)

Remove ads