Foreign Language D&D Books?

D&D books in languages other than English: any advice on where to find them, without traveling abroad? In particular, I'm looking for a German version of the 4th Edition Player's Handbook.

(I'm studying German, and I need more reading material to practice with, so I figured I'd look for a German copy of the book I find myself reading perhaps the most. It worked for Emil Krebs, except he used the New Testament.)

Thanks in advance!

Aloïsius

First Post
Look at amazon.de ? I don't know if they ship books oversea (they do for amazon US to Europe)

[ame=http://www.amazon.de/D-Spieler-Handbuch-v4-0-Grundregeln-I/dp/3867620326/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1236067760&sr=8-2]D&D Spieler-Handbuch v4.0: Grundregeln I: Amazon.de: Andy Collins, Mike Mearls, Stephen Radney-MacFarland, Peter Schäfer, Stephen Schubert, Daniel Schumacher: Bücher[/ame]

Maybe you can find it at amazon.com

Shadowsong666

First Post
D&D books in languages other than English: any advice on where to find them, without traveling abroad? In particular, I'm looking for a German version of the 4th Edition Player's Handbook.

(I'm studying German, and I need more reading material to practice with, so I figured I'd look for a German copy of the book I find myself reading perhaps the most. It worked for Emil Krebs, except he used the New Testament.)

Thanks in advance!

Hallo doctorhook,

na da kann ich dir glaube ich ja helfen. :)

Hi doctorhook,

i think i can help you getting some german books.

As Aloïsius mentioned amazon.de is shipping overseas for 14€ and it takes 9-14 days until you get the package. So better grab more then one book. But beware - they are not cheap. The PHB is at 34,95€. For 47€ you get all 3 core books in english here in germany... totally absurd pricing...
There are only the 3 core books which got translated and there will be no more translations from the company who did them as they chose not to renew their licence.

Hope i could help. ;)

ProfessorPain

First Post
This is really great idea for brushing up your language skills. I have been trying to track down the 3.5 or 4.0 Players handbook in Arabic if anyone knows where I can get it. I am so tired of reading "Ali and the Camel".

This is really great idea for brushing up your language skills. I have been trying to track down the 3.5 or 4.0 Players handbook in Arabic if anyone knows where I can get it. I am so tired of reading "Ali and the Camel".
Agreed! Although having looked up the German version of this book on both Amazon.de and eBay.de, I can tell you it probably won't be a cheap proposition. (34,95 Euros? That's more than twice what I paid for my English-language copy from Amazon.ca.)

Remove ads