Channel Divinity

Don Incognito

First Post
This is inspired by the "most worthless feats" thread. The consensus seems to be that they are all pretty bad. A few thoughts.

Righteous Rage of Tempus: Crazy good for any melee divine class.

Melora's Tide: Also crazy good

Harmony of Erathis: I could see this being useful to a laser cleric or an invoker

Moradin's Resolve: Considering that at upper heroic / paragon you fight a goodly number of large or larger monsters, this is actually somewhat useful for a cleric.

Anyone else have any thoughts / opinions?

Mengu

First Post
Just copy/pasting my post from the other thread.

me said:
In my game, the paladin's Armor of Bahamut (a critical hit feat and a CD feat) has prevented more damage than multiclassing into Cleric could have healed last session. In 3 encounters, it prevented a total of 21 or so points of damage spread across three encounters, 12 points of which are coming from a greataxe crit.

Kord's Favor also can come into play more often than once per day, and is especially nice for a battle cleric who often needs to heal himself.

Melora's Tide is pretty useful for just general healing without surges.

There are quite a few FR CD feats I like too.

Berronar's Salve is handy if your DM likes to frequently use challenging encounters where one or more PC's drop unconscious.

Chauntea's Blessing is about as good as divine mettle, so it's pretty handy for any non-paladin chaneller.

Glittergold's Gambit is increadibly helpful for making those important daily powers hit.

Power of Amaunator is pretty fantastic for divine AoE's, since you decide to use it after you see how many targets you hit.

ppaladin123

Adventurer
Kelemvor's Judgement is pretty decent. At first it looks like a poor man's "turn undead." Then you notice that you can use your highest mental stat for the attack role. Now paladins can effectively turn the undead too. :)

Lord Ernie

First Post
I'm actually quite happy with Raven Queen's Blessing myself. My Cleric is loaded up on healing power, and this is an extra surge I can trigger in a battle. True, it requires me to kill something, but the occasional killing blow or minion presence (he was once kind enough to provide 20 skeleton minions, which made my cleric feel awesome) basically comes down to a third healing word.

Admittedly, that's because the DM allows me to use my Healer's Lore on it (technically, it's not a cleric power). Still, there's not that many good feats for a Laser Cleric in heroic tier, and more healing can make a big difference in a long fight.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases