Remembering Gary Gygax, One year later

KRBourgoine

First Post
Today is the one year annivesary of Gary Gygax's passing. He was a wonderful friend and I miss sitting on his porch talking the night away.

Rest Well, Gary

Kerry

JeffB

Legend
I sure do miss his input, candor, perspective, gigantic Q&A threads here (and at DF) and the few occassions when he'd get "punny" here on the boards.

RIP Gary

I sure do miss ... the few occassions when he'd get "punny" here on the boards.
He definitely had a love of words and word-play. He could milk those puns for all they were worth, even if they got my goat and were a bit cheesy and muensterous, at times. I was never very gouda at that kind of thing. My puns would curdle and sour the conversation, making everyone want to kick my dairy air. (Dairy I say that kind of thing, in this company?)

It can't be said often enough:

We wouldn't be here without Gary. There wouldn't be an ENWorld. There wouldn't be a Wizards of the Coast.

There wouldn't be World of Warcraft. I'd even argue that there wouldn't be a flourishing fantasy genre of any kind, games, books or movies.

I very likely wouldn't be a writer of any kind.

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
If the measure of a person is the joy and happiness they bring to others, then Gary was truly one of the greatest of his generation. Rest in peace Gary.

It can't be said often enough:

We wouldn't be here without Gary. There wouldn't be an ENWorld. There wouldn't be a Wizards of the Coast.

There wouldn't be World of Warcraft. I'd even argue that there wouldn't be a flourishing fantasy genre of any kind, games, books or movies.

I very likely wouldn't be a writer of any kind.

Says what I would like to say as well.

joe b.

Rhuvein

First Post
"Blessed art Thou, oh Lord our God, King of the Universe"

Dear Lord,

Please bless our friend Gary Gygax and may he Rest In Peace and dwell in YOUR house forever.

Amen.

I'm very glad to have met and gamed with him.

[Thanks for everything Gary]

[God Bless Gail, Alex, Ernie, Heidi, Luke, Cindy, Elise and the entire Gygax clan]

Shalom.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases