Sinister Spire (Group 2)(Orsal Judging)

BigB

First Post
I would like to get you caught up with the first group soon as it will be much easier to manage.

You have traveled to Rivenblight and found the dwarven expeditions that you are working for as a cover. The dwarves lead you down a precarious trail deep into the crevice and point out the ruins you will need to enter to find the portal. They explain this area has not yet been cleared or searched and they do not know what you will find inside. They do know it will not be a friendly welcoming as they have experioenced from the ruins they have already explored. As you approach from the south west you look down at the ruins.

I prefer you roll yourself using invisible castle. If you are unable I can roll for you.

BigB

First Post
Attached is map of ruins

Attachments

• ruin.jpg
    ruin.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 236

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Sensing the need for stealth, Pendrake slowly draws his Viking style long sword and brings his beaten and battered, but still serviceable shield to bear. looking to the others he tries to ascertain the best person to lead.

ajanders

Explorer
Metal clatters on metal as Michael straps his target more firmly to his arm.
"Wait a moment, Pendrake."
He checks all his gear again.
Shield is on his arm. Hammer on right hip, kukri on left hip. Tinderbox and sling in his belt pouch, torch in his belt, the everburning flame apparently scorching his navel.
"Still not used to that..." he murmurs, shaking his head.

Michael shifts the magical sack lashed across his back to the ground and opens it.
"This holds more than it would seem. One of the few good things to come from my adventures -- the gods know it cost enough."
The twist of his mouth indicates the cost was more than gold coin somehow.
"So having paid for it, we may as well use it. Feel free to drop anything awkward in now: it's not going to be any more to carry."

He turns back to include the rest of the group in the invitation as well.
In the back of his head Michael hears Ros singing softly again:

Just because everything's changing
doesn't mean it's never been this way before.
All you can do is try to know who your friends are
as you head off to the war.

"I'll take the point. With luck, I'll pick up some tracks on the way down."
As the last thing goes into the sack he ties it shut again and slings it over his shoulder.
"Let's go: when it's over, we can come back."

And suiting action to words, he goes down the trail to the ruins in long strides, whistling absently.

No need to say goodbye...

Scott DeWar

"Perhaps your bak can carry zese rations? I pick up 1 week uf food o get to the people we got to help. Just in case they neet it, Ja?"

Scott DeWar

The northerner watches the sack take all of the rations and not get any bulkier.

"vas ist das?" vee go now?"

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
(Semabin has also bought 5 trail rations in addition to the ones he already had, but carrying them himself.)

"I'll best stay at the middle of the group. I'm not a good lookout, and this way I can get to where I'm needed the fastest." He pats his scimitars, his quiver, and his bow to make sure they're secured before they start.

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos looks about, as if taking in all the details around them.

"I have a similar enchantment on my own haversack, but thank you for the offer," he says of unloading equipment.

As the talk turns to their marching order, Eanos says, "I might be best on rear guard. I have the speed to reach the front quickly if need be, and Michael seems confident in the scouting role.

"Although,"
the monk says, looking about again a bit nervously, "Perhaps whistling is a bit too inviting if there are, indeed, hostile creatures ahead?"

[sblock=OOC]Spot; Listen (1d20+15=31, 1d20+15=27)[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Pendrake checks his grip on his sword and the strap on his shield. H elooks prepared to take the second position, first going to the scout.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases