L4W Discussion Thread III

Oni

First Post
Seems like the checkers/judges have kicked it up a notch.

Thank you to all the people that reviewed my sheets.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Update on the new wiki (crossposted from LEB): I've gotten all the main LEB pages copied over. No real problems. I'd recommend someone else look at the L4W pages if I don't get to them soon enough; I think they need a reorganization anyway.

Templates work significantly differently, so character updating will take more time; maybe next weekend for LEB (I'll look at L4W afterwards). One major difference is that you cannot combine the template documentation and the template together as MediaWiki allows. This just means I'll have to shuffle the documentation around.

covaithe

Explorer
I've been playing around a bit with VaultWiki's formatting, just trying to see if I can duplicate bits of our character sheets. Results are [wiki]here[/wiki]
So far it seems to be possible, if slightly... difficult.

Two Three thoughts. First, we've never been terribly satisfied with our current character sheets. They're okay, but not brilliant. Maybe if we have to change wiki systems, we could try changing that, too?

Second, I had cause to fool around this weekend with LEW's wiki over at LEW, and... wow. It makes a big difference having a wiki host that's actually responsive and quick. I'm feeling strongly tempted to start doing wiki things over there and hope it catches on.

Third, the integration between VaultWiki and the forums is kind of nice. Being able to do basic wiki formatting using bbcode instead of wiki markup is likely to be more intuitive to our user community.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Over the four or so hours I was working on the wiki, the slowness/responsiveness came and went. It'd be fast, then start to slow, then not responsive for a bit, then back to fast. That ENW as a whole though (so moving the wiki would only solve part of it and cause other issues).

Stringbean2142

First Post
Just posting here as a reminder, my adventure Enemy Among Us is almost through the first encounter and about to reach the main part of the adventure, and we still need a judge. No real rush as I don't have any plans for rewarding XP yet, but I'd hate for a judge to join only after 10 pages of posts have accumulated and need reviewed. Thanks, and sorry to be a bother!

covaithe

Explorer
Commiserations Congratulations to TwoHeadsBarking, who becomes the latest sucker kind and helpful individual to accept an invitation to become a full judge!

Seriously, thanks, and you rock. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases