Dude Where's My Ring? (DM: garyh, Judge: Ozymandias79)

SeaPainter

First Post
As the adventurerers exit "The Hanged Man", they see the coach out front waiting for them...

The coachman leans over, and tips his hat to them before asking, "Evenin', Folks... where ya headed?"

Last edited by a moderator:

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon turns to the others. "I think...Tristan, was it?....has a good idea. We should investigate the docks to see if she did in fact take ship there two weeks ago. If not, well, we can try another avenue, perhaps the artist."

[sblock="OOC"]We have the sketch of Ms. Winthrop, right? Also, great title SeaPainter :lol:
Also also -- what exactly did Reggie mean when he said she was from "the Isles"?[/sblock]

[sblock="Mini stat"]Morvannon Rinael- Level 1 Half-Elf Warlock
Passive Perception:10, Passive Insight:17, Senses: Low-light
AC:15, Fortitude:12, Reflex:14, Will:15 -- Speed:6, Size: Medium
HP: 27/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6, Surges left 8/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Eldritch Blast
Eyebite
Warlock's Curse (minor)
Misty Step (Warlock Pact Boon)
Witchfire
Scorching Burst (Dilettante power)

Curse of the Dark Dream[/sblock]

Last edited:

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Yay! my first real adventure thread!!! I think Tristan asked if he could have the picture. The answer is pending. I also asked if Gwen had any friends in the area. [/sblock]

Oni

First Post
The runaway ring was last seen at this Stefan's...that ending is our beginning.

He continued on, mumbling more more to himself than anyone else, ...only one place...to enter the spiral...yes..., before finally breaking off into that soft wheezing cackle.

[sblock=ministats]Magnus Madiron- Male Dwarven Wizard 1
Initiative: +0, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18, Senses: Low-light
AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:14, Will:15 -- Speed:5
HP:25/25, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/8
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Cloud of Daggers
Thunderwave

Grasping Shadows
Staff of Defense
Second Wind

Flaming Sphere

Conditions:

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Last edited:

SeaPainter

First Post
[sblock=OOC to All]Sorry if I was unclear on some points. I'll try to get us up to speed...

• Yes, you get to keep the picture.
It was included as part of the packet of info about Gwendolyn that you were given.
  • A review of the notes he's given you, will reveal that he doesn't know much about her... beyond the things that relate to him.
It would seem that if a detail had nothing to do with him (or didn't include him), then Reggie didn't think it was important.
  • It is hard to tell, at present, what he meant by "The Isles".
When they met, she told him that she was in visiting from "The Isles"... he didn't want to seem ignorant of a place that she made sound important, so he pretended to know what she was talking about.
  • Her friends, associates & residence
Since she was visiting, she wasn't expected to have friends of her own, and even if she did they wouldn't have mattered to Reggie.
He put her up in an apartment, which the group is welcome to check out as well (the address and a key was included with the packet).
Hopefully, that covers everything... Happy Hunting!:cool:[/sblock]

edit: Also, please...

1) select a unique color for your character's speech (place internal dialogue in italics in your chosen color).

2) when describing your characters actions; you can generally assume that a "15" is a success for a standard check, and a "20" is a success for a challenging check... (bluffing/attacking a waitress=15, bluffing/attacking a guard=20)

3) state your actions in this way after you describe what your character is doing.
[sblock=Actions]
Standard Action:N/A (include links to your rolls here)
Move Action:N/A
Minor Action:N/A
[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"I believe the dwarf
has marked a good beginning
for a thorough search"

Once in the coach, mikara asks Tristan,

"I have forgotten.
What did she look like, Tristan?
Have you the picture?"

[sblock=Action if Tristan hands her the picture:]Mikara studies the picture intently, memorizing every trace of charcoal on the page. In addition, She looks for finger prints, patterns, anything that might offer a clue.

[sblock=Action:]
Standard Action: Active Perception Check 1d20+10 → [19,10] = (29)
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Action if Tristan does not give her the picture or does not have it]Mikara shrugs and tries her best to remember what she has seen[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Kamotz looks around the general area outside the tavern, then walks the perimeter of the coach before stepping up to sit next to the driver, Cheers, I like to see where I'm going, besides it's unseemly when I stick my head out the window, tongue wagging and such. Hope you don't mind...
besides that, being cooped up with the crazies is less than desirable.

[sblock=OOC] I call Magenta:), I already gave up Dark Orchid to Tristan...;)

Active perception on coach and surrounding area 20 Roll Lookup[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
[sblock="OOC"]Starting to sound like Reggie got hisself conned. Ah, the peril of being oversupplied with money and undersupplied with brains.[/sblock]

hafrogman

Adventurer
Tristan nods to Morvannon, acknowledging his name, and the idea to follow his suggestion. At the request he carefully hands the picture to Mikara, considering it with her for a moment.

Turning to the coachman, he agrees with the others.

"It seems that the docks it is, if you would, sir."

Then he takes his place in the coach and considers the puzzle before them.

CaBaNa

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Make that perception 21, Kamotz is within 5 of Mikara. Tricksy elves... Stefan's and the artists are at the docks? if not it's cool if we go the docks first and secure a ship. We do need to go to those two places eventually though. I thought they were in the commons.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases