Proposal - 2nd Character

renau1g

First Post
Per Discussions had in the Discussion III thread, I'd like to propose allowing second characters to be submitted and approved for use in L4W with the following stipulations:

1) The users first character must be 2nd level before allowing said user to create a second character
2) No items/Objects can be transferred from character to character
3) Characters can't adventure together
4) DM's should try to take PC's who's player doesn't already have another character out on adventure.

I guess that's it.

Thoughts?

The Digger

First Post
I'll admit it now (big confession!) I love making characters.

And, as it happens, Girth is now second level. So yes, I would really like to start a second character now, please!

But being realistic I do realise there is a danger that ,despite rules to the contrary, whatever we try could lead to some people waiting far too long to actually play.

Having said all that I would still like to second Renau1g's proposal, but with the proviso that we wait till our first characters are 3rd level?

garyh

First Post
I think 2nd level is enough for the first character to have earned 2nd character rights. However, I won't object if the community consensus is 3rd level.

CaBaNa

First Post
I'd love it to be 2nd level, because my first character may be there in under half a year...

However by my 1st character reaching third level, I'll be able to DM. Which is an offset in itself.

I may be able to DM by second level, but definitely by third.

stipulation 4 is ok, not my favorite, but ok. I like the idea of more active community members being given the opportunity to adventure with their second character as well. I think a case by case would be more appropriate than a blanket for stipulation 4.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I think 2nd level is enough of a wait. We only have 10 second level characters in L4W, and by the general pace of PbP it will probably take an average of around 6 months to reach 2nd level. Waiting until 3rd is a little long, in my opinion. Even our most advanced characters will likely have to wait another 3-4 months before making a second; sort of defeats the purpose in my opinion. But whatever the community wants :)

2 & 3 I think should be a given; I don't anticipate much debate on those two points.

I think #4 is important - we want the community to feel open, and if new members with their first character are always getting passed over so the older members can get their 2nd character into an adventure, it won't feel open. Having it stated that second characters are expected to pass up adventures if new players want in is just putting into writing a courtesy that should be implied regardless. Of course, this is just my opinion.

renau1g

First Post
I think #4 is important - we want the community to feel open, and if new members with their first character are always getting passed over so the older members can get their 2nd character into an adventure, it won't feel open. Having it stated that second characters are expected to pass up adventures if new players want in is just putting into writing a courtesy that should be implied regardless. Of course, this is just my opinion.

I thought I'd put it into writing, but said should as sometimes there's a story thread going on and maybe certain PC's are expected to continue along that path.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases