Earthdawn 4E

I'm aiming to run a few adventures using the Earthdawn background and the 4E ruleset. This will be my 1st time GMing 4E.

What I'd like to get some suggestions with are creating mechanics to replicate the Horror Mark and some of the various powers for my customer monster "Scriber"

My current idea is to take dragon stats (young black dragon, lvl4 solo) and strip out the breath weapon, then replace it with a short ranged minor at-will, cha Vs Will to place the Horror Mark.

Once a target is Horror Marked Scriber will have a range of daily powers that can be used against the target if they are within about 20 miles.
1) A dominating power (Cha vs Will -save ends) Scriber sows mistrust and hatred at first, later the killing starts...
2) An ongoing damage & Stun (Cha vs Fort -save ends, secondary Daze- save ends) Scriber wracks the victims body with agonizing pain as disturbing messages are etched into their flesh.
Scriber also knows the location of any Horror Marked target at all times.

Any thoughts so far?

keterys

First Post
Well, it's not strictly speaking answering anything you're asking, but...

ageoflegend4e.com • Official Age of Legend 4e Website

Earthdawn Age of Legend Announced for D&D 4E

(AUCKLAND, New Zealand) 8 July, 2008—RedBrick Limited confirmed today that the Age of Legend™ campaign setting for Wizards of the Coast's DUNGEONS & DRAGONS® 4th Edition roleplaying game is currently in development. Age of Legend™ is based on FASA Corporation’s popular Earthdawn® fantasy roleplaying game.
James Flowers, RedBrick’s Managing Director, said "FASA Corporation brought us fantasy roleplaying in the Age of Legend with their Earthdawn® game in 1993. Now, fifteen years later, RedBrick Limited is excited to be bringing the Age of Legend™ to DUNGEONS & DRAGONS® 4th Edition players."
RedBrick Limited look forward to announcing their first Age of Legend™ products in the near future. In the meantime, your Age of Legend™ adventure begins now by visiting the Age of Legend 4e™ web site at ageoflegend4e.com • Official Age of Legend 4e Website. Register on our Forums for discussion about gaming with DUNGEONS & DRAGONS® 4th Edition in the Earthdawn® milieu, chat with other Forum and RedBrick's 4e development team members, learn about the Age of Legend™ campaign setting—Barsaive® province—and much more!

Not sure on their progress, but may be some stuff on their forums or whatever.

Remove ads