Feat and further build suggestion for 9th level cleric

bigbaddragon

First Post
EDIT: Two things reading the turning feats list.
1. I had forgotten about Divine Shield, one of my favorite divine feats, from all the way back in C.Warrior. +cha to AC for (long enough for most combats) is very good, you might want that later.

Would this apply even if you don't carry/use a shield?

Thanks for that feat list, it really makes my day a lot easier when I can browse only one book instead of 50+ books :).

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Would this apply even if you don't carry/use a shield?

Thanks for that feat list, it really makes my day a lot easier when I can browse only one book instead of 50+ books :).

No, you need a shield. I assumed someone so not geared for offense wouldn't have a big honkin' 2H weapon. :)
Even a buckler would work, which takes up almost no "hand space," so consider it. An animated shield would also work, if you get one of those later on.

And you're welcome. I also use it to save time book hopping. Sometimes (fairly often, actually) the info there is only a summary and doesn't tell the whole story. On rarer occasions, it's just plain wrong (I know of a few specific examples off the top of my head). So, you should still check the actual book at some point just to make sure you're not missing anything.

GrolloStoutfoam

First Post
(Edit: just notice Contemplative requires Knowledge: religion - 13 ranks. Does your DM allow you to assign skill points from the PrC to bring skills up to requirements? Or do you have to satisfy every requirement prior to entering the PrC)

One neat way to up your turning capability is to choose the Glory as your bonus domain from entering the Contemplative PrC instead of Family. Do the melee monkeys always stay within 10' of you? Otherwise the bonus is lost and you only get to do that buff once/day.

"The character can choose any domain made available by her deity or alignment" (I have no idea about the Eberron deities and domains but if you are of Good alignment I think the Glory domain fits)

Glory (CDiv p139)
Turn Undead with a +2 bonus on the Turning Check & +1d6 on the Turning Damage Check.

Then an interesting combination would be-

12th: Heighten Turning (Libre Mortis p27) "When you Turn or Rebuke Undead, you may choose a number no higher than your effective Cleric level. Add that number to your Turning Check, then subtract it from your Turning Damage roll." So you can basically shuttle the extra 1d6 from the Glory turning damage to pump your turning check.

But why stop there? -
15th: Empower Turning (CDiv p81) "Multiple your Turning Damage (after adding in your Cleric level & your Charisma modifier) by 1.5 to determine the number of Undead HD you effect." So now you are trading Turn Damage 2:1 for improving Turning Checks

18th: Quicken Turning (CDiv p84) "You may make a Turn or Rebuke Undead attempt as Free Action. You may only make an attempt once per round." Now you can turn and buff in the same round.

Of course you've used all your feats til epic levels. Disciple of the Sun (CDiv p80) "If you spend two of your daily uses of ‘Turn Undead’ instead of one, the Undead you turn are Destroyed." could be useful for tougher undead that you turn so that you blow them away instead of having to chase them down.

Now I got to make a Cloistered undead killing machine that doesn't wield a weapon. :D

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases