Recruiting for a 3.5 D&D campaign on OpenRPG

Arkhandus

First Post
Odd - I never received the e-mail. Either it didn't go through or the spam filter caught it and deleted it before I got a chance to see it. I do check the spam folder when I check my e-mail, just in case, though.... Please try re-sending the e-mail so I can send you the Setting Guide.

kilroo

First Post
I tried again...if you still didn't get it, um...if you have Yahoo or AIM, my screenname is my forum name; if you have MSN, its the same @f2o.org (which isn't even an email address anymore, come to think of it). If you can contact me via one of those, I can give you the email address to send the setting guide to.

The more I think about it, the more I believe that if the rest of it were to pass muster, I might want to go with what I was listing above as my third choice, even without access to the alternate Ranger class features I prefer to use with it or the Dwarf Paragon's Improved Stonecunning ability. We'll see...it might not be an acceptable choice. It might not even be one I like anymore once I've read up on the setting.

Arkhandus

First Post
Odd. You must be typing something wrong in the e-mail address or, if you're using EN World's e-mail sending thingamabob, you must be missing some check-box or button or other. I've gotten several e-mails through EN World before so I know my e-mail address here is correct. I do not use instant messengers.

It would be easiest if you logged in, clicked on the Quick Links dropdown button, then Edited Your Options, and selected the checkbox to allow e-mails from EN Worlders. AFAIK you need an e-mail address to get an EN World account, so your e-mail address should already be in the system. It just isn't accessable to anyone (except possibly Moderators). AFAIK the system won't display the e-mail address for other people when that option to receive e-mails is checked, it just allows us to send an e-mail to you without knowing your e-mail address. You could uncheck the box after receiving an e-mail from me through EN World.

It's an option, anyway. I'm leery of posting my e-mail address openly, since that's how spambots find it. If you had dropped by during the game on Monday, it would be a lot easier, since whispered messages over OpenRPG aren't accessable to anyone else (I know, I've run my own server for games before to try avoiding lag, though my computer no longer works well enough to handle that extra load).

However, another player dropped by this Monday during the game, someone Dragonwriter/Dragonson/Fahlias, one of our other players, recruited. This new player worked up a Halfling Rogue 13 while the rest of us ran the session as normal, and his PC will be joining in at the next session. Combined with Scion/ScionJustice's bard/sorcerer/Gnome Dreamwalker, that brings our number of PCs up to 6. Fahlias, Szitha, Fleck, Ak'man Utan, Seebo, and the halfling whose name I just forgot. Plus Argus, the NPC/DMPC, my sometimes-PC and sometimes-NPC (since I'm not usually the DM).

One more PC is alright by me, but since there'll now be a halfling rogue in the party, there's a distinct lack of any need for a trap-monkey, since that rogue will be filling the position. :( So you'd need to come up with something different, or just not so focused on the trap-monkey aspect (obviously I can't be sure yet if this new player will show up consistently or not, so it's still possible that after a few weeks we might once again have no trap-monkey).

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
The party just chatted some more with Ak'man Utan, who got more drunk and sung a few dwarven songs about gold. We left off after they had chatted enough to find out what he was looking for and offered to help him out for a bit since they've got some free time, and Fleck's pretty much done visiting his folks in the Silver Hills.

Dragonwriter

First Post
It most certainly is! (I'm one of the players, "Fahlias".)

If you would like, you can drop by the Dev II server around 6:45-7 PM Pacific and chat with us, watch the game, and get a feel for our style.

Arkhandus

First Post
Indeed it is. We might have one more slot open, but that's it. I'll only be DMing FMTG for another month or two though, probably (maybe 3-4 months depending on circumstance), before I pass the DM's mantle to someone else in the group, probably Dragonwriter or Firehorse (though I dunno if Firehorse/Szitha is up to DMing again yet; he was the last one in the DM's seat).

Current roster is Fahlias, half-silver-dragon half-human ranger/horizon walker (Ceomyrian Pathfinder), Lurass, half-elven bard, Ak'man Atun, fighter/dwarven defender (Thoradur Tunnel Guard), Seebo, sorcerer/gnome dreamwalker, Szitha, lizardman cleric of Naeron, and Szenthrass, lizardman fighter/templar (Blessed Warrior of Naeron) (the cohort of Szitha). So 6 PCs and 1 cohort. Fleck isn't listed here because he's an NPC now and will be separating from the group until his player decides to return (having left from burnout) or until a good plot-reason comes up for him to rejoin the group as an NPC again.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases