You can't run but you can Hive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Maybe cause Blackrat posted, but I remember one of my friends playing in 3e a ratroo, which was a race of basically anthropomorphic rats. He was a mage and always perched on the Paladin's [Human] shoulders.

The Paladin Human, through numerous deaths [technically new characters, but the player always choose the same thing] remained female and very sexy.

My character was the idiotic firenewt [a race in the Forgotten Realms Monster Manual WAY back in somewhat early 3e]. It looks Charmander, which became its nickname. This, of course, is the Firenewt that was oddly attracted to beautiful people and annoyed the Paladins [yes, all of them] to no end. This led to the following statement:
DM: "You open the door into the study and see a Hag."
Firenewt: "What's her Charisma?"
DM: "Low! It's a Hag!"

And, of course, the quote in my sig which cause me and the ratroo player to laugh uncontrollably for like 10 minutes before we could finally manage to explain why we were laughing to everyone else who was staring at us and giving us funny looks.

Well, that occurred long ago, but I still remember it quite fondly. :)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Not to sound political, but Obama's rep with the ReliqueDuMadde faction* increased by +10 due to his "like the special Olympics" comment on Leno.

Any person (especially a US President who is trying to be all inclusive hope monger) who can offhandedly, inadvertently and nonchalantly, create a new insult ON NATIONAL TELIVISION is deserves a point or two towards having a Good Reputation with my personal faction.

*I'm using the WoW scale starting at neutral.

Last edited:

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Well, that occurred long ago, but I still remember it quite fondly. :)

Oh, the good ol' days :D.

Okay, now I got to tell you about the bard.

Forgotten Realms:
So the game started as a drow campaign in [Surprice!] Menzoberranzan. I don't remember what all the characters were but most of us were playing drow ofcourse and there was an orc slave. My character was a female bard of a minor noble house from another town. She worshipped Kiaransalee (spl?), the drow goddess of death. She had lost her house and status but because she was visiting "allies" in Menz, she still had her life. Because of her beauty and skill she was then adopted to the "allied" house.

That's enough of the backstory I think.

Anyways, the matriarch sends the group to investigate something in yet another drow town. The whole thing is an utter failure and the group (what's left of it) ends up prisoners to the drow who live on the surface. I don't remember the name of the group but they are led by that lame (literally) sorcerer. (It's in the 3e Campaign Setting)

They escape. Well, rather two of them escapes, my bard and the orc slave, the others don't survive. After a while they hook up with some other people who are not so good either. The orc then decides to lead them to his homeland in the High Forest. On their way there, my character and one other ends up prisoner to the surface elves... (prisoner again, and it won't be the last time). A halfling, one of the people they hooked up with, risks his life in a daring rescue which (due to some really awesome rolls) succeeds above expectations. This is the first time that someone has risked his life for my character and she is taken aback by such behaviour. (the foundation towards good is set...)

They finally reach High Forest and the orc "kingdom" there. With some charisma, charm, diplomacy and bluff my bard soon finds herself on the good side of the Orc Boss. The Boss ofcourse needs some help with some pesky problems and sends the group to eradicate a kobold tribe nearby. With some more diplomacy, a bit of killing, bluff and intimidation, the bard finds herself a queen of a kobold tribe... She starts an iron fisted rule and builds a throne from the skulls of her foes (Hey, she still worships a goddess of death :D).

Unfortunately, the other enemies of the Orc Boss aren't very happy with the kobold tribe allying with him, so they send a taskforce to deal with the issue. This results in the bard and few of the group [surprice] prisoned! But guess what. The sneaky hobbit... er halfling manages to elude the taskforce and sets up a daring rescue... :D

This time it doesn't go as well. He does manage to rescue most of us, but loses his own life in the process. This is another bang to my bard, as someone has now shown her what true friendship means.

At this point I pick up Dirge Singer PRC.

The Orc Boss isn't very happy... Actually he blames the group for the failure and we find ourselves on the run again.

I believe that at this point my character is now the only one left of the original group, since I don't remember the orc being with us anymore.

This time they meet with a group of elves that are willing to give her the benefit of doubt, mostly because of her charms, diplomacy and lot of bluff... And well, 'cause they were PC's :D

These elves are all goody-two-shoes, but the bard figures that they are her best chance of survival at the moment so she hides her contempt. (The adventure itself changes attitude somewhat at this point since half of the group is now good, and the rest, with the exception of the drow, are neutral.)

There is quite a few adventures from this point on when we don't lose but one character, who is then replaced by a frigging paladin. The drow has by now acquired a brooch of non-detection, and a hat of disquise so the paladin thinks she's one of the elves. And during the adventures the influence of the elves has started to rub on her.

Then something horrible happens during some adventure and most of the group is wiped out. The bard, realising that she's now willing to sacrifice herself for the good of her friends, needs to strike out the evil off of her sheet :D.

Anyways, due to luck (bad luck), she is now alone with the darned paladin...

Still being a stranger on the surface she has no idea what to do now, so she follows the paladin's lead... To Waterdeep. Remembering tales from her past she remembers that there is a little known drow outpost under the place, with drow who have turned their backs to the old traditions...

At this point she takes the command and they find a way to Skullport and eventually to the temple of Eilestraee. Considering these drow outcasts to be her only way to be back with her own people she decides to strike out with them.

A few more adventures, she eventually converts to worship Eilestraee though she'll never become fully good. Then she meets her demise at the claws of a Deep Dragon... :(

It was my longest living character with time in real world taking almost two years with that campaign.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
And, of course, the quote in my sig which cause me and the ratroo player to laugh uncontrollably for like 10 minutes before we could finally manage to explain why we were laughing to everyone else who was staring at us and giving us funny looks.

For the record, that is one of my favorite quotes/sigs on this site.

Ginnel

Explorer
I think in situations such as this an earth shattering

Kaboo....phuzzle

aww drat, for some reason theres drool on the explosives :/

Phaezen

First Post
I think in situations such as this an earth shattering

Kaboo....phuzzle

aww drat, for some reason theres drool on the explosives :/

Looks at the half nibbled cookie where the explosives should be. Hopes no-one will notice the odd buldge in his trenchcoat pocket...

hafrogman

Adventurer
Heh, apparently you got so great interest that I'll remove my submission. Hadn't even had chance to look at backgrounds yet :D
Bah, and here I was hoping for more Blackrat gaming goodness. I mean, yeah, I've got the Viking. . . but is that really enough?

On a side note, today I am 90% of the way to old-fartdom. Wee. :erm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases