[Recruiting][D&D 3.5] Dragonlance: The Opening Skirmishes

possum

First Post
Dragonlance-Logo.jpg

The region of Throt needs heroes, and those who have their own reasons to be there are thrust into that role, perhaps against their will...

Character Creation Rules

*I'm looking for four 1st level characters. Stats are to be generated using 28 point buy.
*The game is set post-Cataclysm, so there are some special exceptions with classes.
*Druids and rangers are allowed, but they are unable to cast any spells. Druids also lose the following abilities: Wild Shape, A Thousand Faces, and Timeless Body.
*Clerics are not allowed, as there are no gods to grant divine spells.
*Same with Paladins. They are replaced with Knight of Solamnia prestige classes found in the Dragonlance Campaign Setting book.
*Books and Sources Allowed: Core Rules, Dragonlance Campaign Setting, War of the Lance Sourcebook.

Krynnish Flavor

*Orcs do not exist in Krynn, so half-orcs are unable to be played.
*Halflings are replaced by Kender. Any Kender PC's kleptomaniacal urges so common to his or her race will be controlled by the GM and be limited to somewhat small and realistic things.
*Kender are statted out in the Dragonlance Campaign Setting.

*Throt is a kingdom near Solamnia and may--in the future--actually join that region. The area is plagued with constant rain, making agriculture generally impossible except in certain areas where irrigation has been erected. The region is also 50% Hobgoblin, they and their goblin cousins frequently attacking settlements. Refugees from destroyed villages--or people simply fed up with having to frequently defend themselves against the attacks--are streaming out of the region.

Character Submissions will end one week from today.

renau1g

First Post
Man oh Man, I haven't played a DL game in...well ever, I've only ran one for my group back when the setting book came out. I'll have to think of something, but I've got tons of interest.

Edit: What year are we playing in? I'm guessing pre-Chaos war, is it pre-War of the Lance as well?

Last edited:

possum

First Post
It's Pre-WotL. As for the year, I'd wager it'd be about 348 A.C. About two years before the Chronicles trilogy began.

By the queen of darkness, never thought I'll see a DL game on the boards again.
Let me throw my helmet into this one and I hope this one will last more time then the last one that was played two years ago I think.

I'll arrange and post a concept of something that will be suitable to the region.

Voadam

Legend
Would a barbarian minotaur wandering mercenary concept be too outlandish a background? With the human/hobgoblin fighting it looks like a good place to find merc work.

OK, what about a fleeing slave that wishes nothing but revenge the Goblinoid.
I'll build a Gully dwarf Rouge, professional with crafting traps (he learned this when he was a captive). He was a local assistant for a lock smith in one of the ruined human towns. His boss was killed in one of the raid and he was taking as a slave.

renau1g

First Post
I don't have my book around right now (it's at home), but what is the status of magic right now, i.e. could I plan to play a wizard?

possum

First Post
The minotaur is a little too overpowered for this campaign, sorry. A wandering mercenary is fine, though. As is an escaped slave, Strahd, and a wizard, renau1g.

G

Guest 11456

Interested. I'll come up with a concept soon.

Edit: Thinking a fighter heading toward a Knight of Solamnia.

Edit2: Or possibly a Mystic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases