Conversion: A1-4 Slavelords

rowport

First Post
Hiya Folks! I am about to begin converting the A1-4 Slavelords module series for some 4e gaming old school style. This is a placeholder thread for now, but I will begin posting over the next couple of days. Any feedback and/or suggestions will be welcome.

I plan a heroic tier conversion.

pemerton

Legend
Hiya Folks! I am about to begin converting the A1-4 Slavelords module series for some 4e gaming old school style. This is a placeholder thread for now, but I will begin posting over the next couple of days. Any feedback and/or suggestions will be welcome.

I plan a heroic tier conversion.
I can't offer any Slavelords advice, but here are two posts about my 4e version of G2, and one about D2.

A1-A4 is definitely a Heroic Tier adventure. Maybe at the completion, you're 11th, but not before then.

I dunno, A4 has a rather different feel to it. The whole volcano and basically you've ALREADY defeated the Slave Lords by the time you get to A4. Its more about the consequences of victory (possibly one you won't survive) than anything else. I'd think it would be quite appropriate to level to 11th and then carry forward with your new found PP through all the ensuing fun, which IIRC mostly involves running around without any equipment trying to figure out how to get off the lsland before everything goes kaboom!

MwaO

Adventurer
I dunno, A4 has a rather different feel to it. The whole volcano and basically you've ALREADY defeated the Slave Lords by the time you get to A4. Its more about the consequences of victory (possibly one you won't survive) than anything else. I'd think it would be quite appropriate to level to 11th and then carry forward with your new found PP through all the ensuing fun, which IIRC mostly involves running around without any equipment trying to figure out how to get off the lsland before everything goes kaboom!

It feels like a very Heroic Tier mod with the capstone being the transition from Heroic -> Paragon.

It kind of functioned that way in AD&D, too - you went from being normal Heroic adventurers to tracking down evil Giants on the basis of a couple of clues in A4. And the PCs are meant to lose A3 - 5 name-level threats and win A4 - 2 name-level threats with 4 at-level threats.

And I think the act of losing everything is a stronger thing than when you lose everything and gain a Paragon Path. Has more weight to it :)

Remove ads