Idea board

Don Incognito

First Post
A thought occurs; there should be a separate thread for specific discussion of the Transitive Isles setting.

So I made one.

I'm currently dreaming up ways of working the PHB2 races into the Isles, as well as expanding the gang section, adding sanguiduum information to the Isle of O, and various other sexy goings-on.

Atanatotatos

First Post
What I'd like would be an effective way of keeping a sort of "gazeteer" thread. One can't follow all the adventures that take place in the Living World, but having a thread where you can read "what's new" would be a great addition IMO.
Like, for example, the MMC (my party) steals the Bloody wake (a ship) and goes raiding a temple of Vena, because its members are rich weaklings. Now this would certainly be acceptable because it doesn't have a big impact on the shared seting, but as it is now, it stays in the adventure thread where it happens.
It'd be cool if there was a thread where one could go and learn what happened lately, like reading a newspaper (we could name it the "Closed eye" :heh:) so that different parties might have heard of each other, and characters gain fame or respect even though they're acting in different adventure threads.

garyh

First Post
One can't follow all the adventures that take place in the Living World...

So far, I have been. ;) Well, I still need to catch up on Echoes since returning from my vacation, but otherwise, I've read every post of every adventure. But yeah, I could see a point that might not be doable.

I do think your gazetteer idea is a good one, Ata.

I'm also looking forward to thinking about how the new PHB2 races fit into the setting. Lets hope the mail carrier is compliant tomorrow...

CaBaNa

First Post
Third! Great Idea atanatotatos.

Let's do it, way fun. Short clips of updates, very general, anyone can throw em in the thread.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
So far, I have been. ;) Well, I still need to catch up on Echoes since returning from my vacation, but otherwise, I've read every post of every adventure. But yeah, I could see a point that might not be doable.
Oh man, you totally should. I believe we just fought L4W's first solo monster :D
I do think your gazetteer idea is a good one, Ata.

I'm also looking forward to thinking about how the new PHB2 races fit into the setting. Lets hope the mail carrier is compliant tomorrow...
I concur on the gazetteer idea, and I also concur on having this thread to discuss ways to incorporate things into the setting, etc. I'm interested to see what we come up with, especially with the PHB2 races :)

SeaPainter

First Post
This would be a fantastic idea, then we could cut & paste the info into the wiki... and then I could stop breaking the (already fragile) space-time continuum of The Transitive Isles.

Also, it would be a great source to farm for potential adventure ideas that would tie in to other adventures.

covaithe

Explorer
A proper Daunton newspaper, or even a trashy scandal rag devoted to the doings of adventurers, would be awesome.

I think it would be cool if, whatever we come up with, it was in-character. That is, perhaps there would be a thread for a street corner in the marketplace, where only NPCs can post, but anyone can post as any NPC. There would be a few kids hawking the Daily Dungeon, or whatever, but you could also have passersby just chatting with each other:

"Did you hear about Woe Chinua? I hear he went upstairs with three of the barmaids from the Bull and Horn, and it was them who left walking funny in the morning!"

"Oh, dear, he probably started that rumor himself. Such disreputable company he keeps nowadays! That wizard friend of his gives me the chills. Something not right with that lad, I tell you..."

Atanatotatos

First Post
Heh. Fun! There should be an implicit agreement that only pretty significant and/or interesting events get reported there. Otherwise it'd turn into a second tavern for ooc chat (not that it'd be bad, really, but it's not the point, right?)
So who starts it? I just know people will start to do some outrageous things to get on first page! :heh:

garyh

First Post
Oh man, you totally should. I believe we just fought L4W's first solo monster :D

I plan to. You guys busted out with over a hundred posts while I was gone, and I want to squeeze in time to read them all at once. :)

Oh, and that wizard Woe hangs around with creeps me out, too...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases