Idea board

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I was thinking it might be a good idea to have Gouki's fights and this new arena as separate things. Gouki's can still be lethal, frowned-upon underground fights, but the fact that it exists shows there's some interest for such events in the populace. The new arena would provide a similar outing for the more lawfully minded, since it's (I suppose) legal. Can't see how something that visible could be illegal and continue to operate ;)

garyh

First Post
Okay, but let me do the initial set-up on the 'arena', because I've got a pretty cool idea for its look and style.

Since that's coming from the mind that created Palindrome, I'm happy to believe you. ;)

I was thinking it might be a good idea to have Gouki's fights and this new arena as separate things. Gouki's can still be lethal, frowned-upon underground fights, but the fact that it exists shows there's some interest for such events in the populace. The new arena would provide a similar outing for the more lawfully minded, since it's (I suppose) legal. Can't see how something that visible could be illegal and continue to operate ;)

I agree with LS. It's the same way that Bacarte is the relatively-trying-to-pretend-to-be-on-the-up-and-up pirate isle, and the Laughing Gallows is unabashed, unrestrained, in your face, raw, PIRATE! Having both an extreme and a "society friendly" twist on the same concept gives folks both ideas to work with. Gouki's Death Pit and Coliseum Nova Imperium could do the same.

Atriden

First Post
Just a reminder. We should not forget the previous subject, newspapers. It is a great idea and would be a very good addition to the living 4th edition world.
Who would like to be the responsible for it? I imagine that someone would be appointed to run the newspaper and judges/dm's would report back to the one responsible with interesting news about the adventure or accomplishments the pc's have done/made.
A good name for the paper could be The Screamer, taken from the Closed Eye Adventure, which is a tabloid considering the latest loose news.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
For the newspaper I think we could just make a thread that anyone can write an "article" in. I think any discussion about it should be kept in a different thread, though, so the thread only contains the actual newspaper, so to speak. That way it spreads the work of keeping it up to date, so that one person doesn't have to deal with everything that's happening.

It might be good to have the L4W Facilitator account start the thread; that way the judges could keep editing the first post to keep a "table of contents". How does that sound?

CaBaNa

First Post
I second that idea Lord S.

Sounds like a great way to keep it up, running, and constantly updated.

Also the separate chat thread would keep it nice and clean!

garyh

First Post
Is there any specific title that I have to use when I e-mail an adventure to the judges?

Not strictly. But "L4W Adventure Submission - ADVENTURE NAME HERE" would help us by keeping it obvious. E-mail it to the same address you sent your character approval request to.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases