One Dark Night in Weeping Briar?

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
M'eh. Series of linked encounters. Nice thing was the battle matt.

Personally, I thought that the battlemat was horrible. The "altar" in the final encounter was just a bunch of boxes and the mill was even worse. For the millstone they just used the same image as the fountain! As if putting the millstone at ground level in a mill wasn't stupid enough... :hmm:

Shroomy

Adventurer
Personally, I thought that the battlemat was horrible. The "altar" in the final encounter was just a bunch of boxes and the mill was even worse. For the millstone they just used the same image as the fountain! As if putting the millstone at ground level in a mill wasn't stupid enough... :hmm:

The altar thing really frustrated me. We were rushing through the encounter and I don't think our DM really described it in any great detail (or I wasn't listening, probably the latter), so I didn't know there were any dangers until my character hopped up onto it. If an evil altar was actually depicted as an evil altar, I may have hesitated or at least asked the DM for a description of what it looked like. To me, it just looked like a raised wooden platform.

Festivus

First Post
I didn't think it was the best of adventures I have read. And to assume 3 hours to complete was a joke. I ran it twice and cut both the badly written skill challenge and the second encounter in order to fit it into a 4 hour timeslot. All in all, I don't think it's worth seeking out.

I really REALLY hope that Wizards reconsiders using level 11 pregens for events like this. I had 5 or 6 new to 4E players who really needed help from experienced 4E players, where if they made it level 3-5 it would have been a lot easier and still showed that there is a lot more to 4E than what a level 1 adventure can reveal.

MadLordOfMilk

First Post
I personally enjoyed jumping in at paragon tier, as I hadn't played 4e above level 3 before this weekend. It was a nice change of pace. I do agree, however, that two pages full of powers and other stuff would've been a lot to keep track of if I wasn't already experienced w/4e.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases