Magic items for a level 8 drow Wild Magic sorcerer

Eldorian

First Post
So, I'm not up to speed on what all the best items are in this edition. I've been mostly happy to use anything the DM handed out so far, but I'm making a new 8th level character for our party's reboot.

So, my question is, what magic items should I get for my guy? He's a dagger dual wielding, leather armor wearing, rogue multiclass wild mage sorcerer.

Any suggestions? Using the default system for creating characters above 1st.

WalterKovacs

First Post
The general rule is 7/8/9 plus an extra 7 worth of gold.

One option for the offhand is to take a mage weapon parrying dagger (that would be level 7). It gives you prof in the weapon, which gives you the defensive property. You also can burn an arcane power to recoup a martial power from the rogue multiclass.

If you want to save some cash, you can use your 8th level slot on a paired dagger which splits into two daggers as a minor action (or free if you have quick draw). It doesn't do more than give bonuses to your attacks at that point.

In terms of options that benefit sorceror's, you have a 7th level and 9th level dagger from the PHBII (wyrmtooth can strip the opponent's resistances temporarily and tooth of chaos helps you control your "on an even/on an odd" wild mage powers [it was on the level 3 pregen]).

Not entirely sure what armor/neck slot item. One neck slot item to consider would be the choker of eloquence which gives bonuses to some charisma skills. The elven cloak (level 7) gives you a bonus to stealth which could be useful. Breaching Armor (level 8) similarly gives a roguey/magicy feel with it's ability to teleport you to the other side of a wall. Or you can go for Rat Form leather (level 8) for another rogue/scout option. Serpentskin (level 8) gives you the ability to snake past an enemy to get into a flank for your sneak attack, or get away to cast without provoking.

Eldorian

First Post
The general rule is 7/8/9 plus an extra 7 worth of gold.

Thought it was an extra level 8 in gold. Just checked it, you're right.

One option for the offhand is to take a mage weapon parrying dagger (that would be level 7). It gives you prof in the weapon, which gives you the defensive property. You also can burn an arcane power to recoup a martial power from the rogue multiclass.

This is an awesome idea, but since it's my offhand and I don't plan on attacking with it, I'll go with the level 2 one. Eventually it will also be useful since I plan on taking a rogue utility power swap.

In terms of options that benefit sorceror's, you have a 7th level and 9th level dagger from the PHBII (wyrmtooth can strip the opponent's resistances temporarily and tooth of chaos helps you control your "on an even/on an odd" wild mage powers [it was on the level 3 pregen]).

Not entirely sure what armor/neck slot item. One neck slot item to consider would be the choker of eloquence which gives bonuses to some charisma skills. The elven cloak (level 7) gives you a bonus to stealth which could be useful. Breaching Armor (level 8) similarly gives a roguey/magicy feel with it's ability to teleport you to the other side of a wall. Or you can go for Rat Form leather (level 8) for another rogue/scout option. Serpentskin (level 8) gives you the ability to snake past an enemy to get into a flank for your sneak attack, or get away to cast without provoking.

Yeah, the armor/neck were giving me the most trouble. Elven cloak might be nice, and it's good for the theme. Serpentskin armor seems to be messed up. The flavor text mentions a resistance to poison, and the armor seems weak without it. Armor of Cleansing is also tempting, as I was just playing a warforged and really liked my bonus to saves vs ongoing damage.

Tarrl

First Post
We added 3 or 5 restist can't remember which to the serpentskin armor. I agree that it is messed so we thought that to be a fair fix. :)

Eldorian

First Post
Anyone know any items that increase sorcerer damage, other than the obvious "get a better weapon"? Like the Iron Armbands of Power, but for sorcerer.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases