Slow posting rate + important announcement

Hello all,
I’m moving to the U.S, I was accepted for PhD studies in Colorado State University and I plan to move to the U.S from Israel around August. Since I will be very busy with arrangement my post rate will be slower then usual.

If any of my players or Dms got any tips for living in the U.S, PM me (Like buying a car, health insurance, car insurance and other American stuff that I should know off)

Thanks

Roy a.k.a Strahd

P.S - I'll be away from 5 Apr - 24 Apr to Europe so slow post rate again.

Rhun

First Post
Hello all,
I’m moving to the U.S, I was accepted for PhD studies in Colorado State University and I plan to move to the U.S from Israel around August. Since I will be very busy with arrangement my post rate will be slower then usual.

If any of my players or Dms got any tips for living in the U.S, PM me (Like buying a car, health insurance, car insurance and other American stuff that I should know off)

Woo-hoo! Congats, Roy! If you don't get a PM from me, PM me instead when you get a chance. You'll only be about 450-500 miles from me (we really don't consider that too far here in the Western United States). :D

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
You'll only be about 450-500 miles from me (we really don't consider that too far here in the Western United States). :D
Whereas us New England types consider 500 miles to be a trip practically across the country! LOL!

It's a 3 1/2 hour drive from Boston to New York, and we consider that a major undertaking. Heh heh.

Rhun

First Post
Whereas us New England types consider 500 miles to be a trip practically across the country! LOL!

It's a 3 1/2 hour drive from Boston to New York, and we consider that a major undertaking. Heh heh.

Hee hee. All in perspective, I guess. From my door to the door of my sister's place in Las Vegas is about 420 miles...I probably make the road trip 3 or 4 times a year. You can make it in 5.5 hours, if you only stop for fuel, and stick to the speed limit or thereabouts (it is nice having a 75 mph speed limit most of the way). :D

s@squ@tch

First Post
All you need to know is that you'll send all of your paycheck to Washington, DC. :)

other than that, the western US is the place to be. (West coast is the best coast)

renau1g

First Post
Good one s@s.

I am a tax accountant and we have a fictitious CRA (our IRS) announcement on the wall.

"CRA's new simplified tax form:
Line 1: How much money did you make? _________

Send that amount to us"

All you need to know is that you'll send all of your paycheck to Washington, DC. :)

Damn .. what is this health insurance system?! I almost got a heart attack when I saw how much I need to pay for health! 750$ a month for me, my spouse and my daughter.

In Europe and Israel you get full health care for less then 100$ per month.

I'm not used for such distances - my little country can be crossed from north to south in 7 hours.

renau1g

First Post
The U.S. Health Care system is very expensive if you don't have coverage through an employer, and even then I think many are taking it away.

In Canada we're a bit more like the European system where we have a basic level of coverage for everyone (paid for through our taxes), but still require additional coverage for many things (glasses, dental, etc.)

Note: in the U.S. the personal income tax rates are significantly lower than in Europe and Canada. The health care system in Europe/Canada is heavily subsidized by the governments and paid for through taxation, whereas the U.S. system is a for-profit system, rationale is that if its for-profit, only the best, most well managed companies (hospitals) will survive.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases