Modern & Futuristic Weapons

Marasmusine

First Post
An interesting read, I'll probably cannabilize some of this! I had been trying to come up with a system too. This is what I was thinking:

Laser Pistol (military ranged, one hand) +2 prof, 1d6 photon dam, 15/30 range, 6 shots, high crit, versatile
Laser Carbine (military ranged, two hands) +2 prof, 1d8 photon dam, 15/30 range, 6 shots, high crit
Photon (superior ranged, two hands) +2 prof, 1d10 photon dam, 10/20, 18 shots, high crit, heavy

(My damage types are Photon, Explosive, Corrosive, Thermal, Electric, Concussion, Toxic)

The "Heavy" weapons use Strength for basic attacks. Reloading them takes a move action.

I have made pistols "versatile" rather than "off-hand".

I have tried a few different ways to handle automatic weapons, but finally decided to use something like the Ammunition magic items from Adventurer's Vault 2. The Photon gun in my above examples is supposed to be a repeating laser gun, so the only ammunition choice for the Photon is:

Photon Pack: 9 shots, 30 credits. Automatic fire: This uses up 9 shots. When firing on automatic you gain a +1 Tech bonus to attack and damage rolls. When you hit an enemy, you deal an extra 1d8 photon damage to that enemy and each creature adjacent to it that you have line of effect to.
(As the Photon has 18 shots, two packs are needed to fully load it. You can, of course, fire single shots without the Tech bonus)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases