The Heroes' Vault

Camelot

Adventurer
This thread is for character information, XP, treasure, and the occasional NPC information for the Heroes of Fannen-Dar play by post game. Post your character here.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Thomas Callahan

My debts are my own, nothing you need to be concerned with.

Male Half-Elf Valorous Bard 1 (0 XP)
Initiative +1; Senses Passive Insight 12, Passive Perception 14
HP 28; Bloodied 14; Healing Surge 7; Surges Per Day 10
AC 17; Fort 13, Ref 13, Will 15
Saves
Speed 5
Action Points 1
-----------------------------------------------------------------
:bmelee:Longsword (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+5 vs AC; 1d8+2 damage.
:melee:War Song Strike (standard; at-will) ✦ Arcane, Weapon
+7 vs AC; 1d8+4 damage, and an ally that hits the target before the end of my next turn gains 3 temporary hit points.
:ranged:Misdirected Mark (standard; at-will) ✦ Arcane, Implement
Range 10; +4 vs Reflex; 1d8+4 damage and the target is marked by an ally within 5 squares of me until the end of my next turn.
:close:Shout of Triumph (standard; encounter) ✦ Arcane, Implement, Thunder
Enemies in close blast 3; +4 vs Fort; 1d6+4 thunder damage and I push the target 3 squares. Effect: Allies in the area of the blast can be slid 3 squares.
:ranged:Storm Walk (Standard; encounter) ✦ Arcane, Implement, Thunder
Range 10; +4 vs Fort; 1d8+4 Thunder damage. Before or after the attack, I can shift one square.
:ranged:Eyebite (Standard; encounter) ✦ Arcane, Charm, Implement, Psychic
Range 10; +4 vs Will; 1d6+4 damage and I am invisible to the target until the start of my next turn.
:close:Majestic Word (minor; twice per encounter) ✦ Arcane, Healing
Myself or ally in close burst 5; The target spends a healing surge, gains an additional 4 hp and can be slid one square.
Words of Friendship (minor; encounter) ✦ Arcane
I gain a +5 on the next diplomacy check before the end of my next turn.
:melee:Slayer's Song (standard; daily) ✦ Arcane, Weapon
+7 vs AC; 2d8+4 damage, and the target grants CA to you and your allies(save ends). Miss: Half damage. Effect: Whenever you hit an enemy, that enemy grants CA to you and your allies until the end of your next turn.
Bardic Training
I own a ritual book and can perform one bard ritual per day without components.
Virtue of Valor
One per round, when an ally within 5 squares of me reduces an enemy to 0 hp or bloodies an enemy, I can grant that ally 4 temp hp.
Skill Versatility
I gain a +1 bonus on untrained skill checks
Song of Rest
When I play an instrument or sing during a short rest, you and each ally are affected by my Song of Rest. At the end of the short rest, when healing surges are spent, that character gain an additional 4 hp per surge spent.
Multiclass Versatility
I can choose multi-class feats from more than one class.
Half Elf
Allies within 10 squares gain a +1 bonus on diplomacy checks. Dilettante power is Thunder Step. I count as both an elf and a human for feat pre-reqs
Alignment Unaligned; Languages Common
Str 14 (+2) Dex 12 (+1) Wis 8 (-1)
Con 16 (+3) Int 11 (+0) Cha 18 (+4)
Acrobatics* +5, Arcana* +5, Bluff* +9, Diplomacy* +11, Intimidate* +9, Perception* +4 *Trained Skill; +1 bonus on untrained skill checks.
Feats: Pact Initiate(Intimidate, Fey)
Gear Chainmail Armor, Light Shield, Longsword, Backpack, Bedroll, Belt Pouch, Flint and Steel, Ritual Book(Comprehend Languages, Traveler's Chant), Wand, Rope (50 ft.), 2 Sunrods, Waterskin, 10 days trail rations, harmonica(focus for ritual); 13gp (83lbs)

[sblock=Background]
Thomas blinked against the smoke from the fire and held in a cough. He didn’t want to remind them that he was here. He didn’t want them to remember that he was still alive. The orcs were drunk and carousing around their campfire. He couldn’t speak orcish, but by their tone, he imagined they were laughing about the screams of his companions as they tortured them. Thomas was the last one left.
The orcs came upon them in the night. Their better vision gave them the advantage against the four of them. Cullen was the first to fall, hacked apart by their blades. He was the lucky one. They took their time with the rest of us. Knocked us out, tied us up.

Oliver was the first to be tortured, his arcane powers, having knocked out a couple of their warriors. The wizard didn’t last long, Thomas could still hear his screams as they broke his limbs one by one and then thrust them into the fire to prolong his pain. His head stares at him from the bushes.
Viznier, cleric of Pelor was taken next. Faith was his strength, but in the end the priest broke down as well, begging them to stop. Thomas would not suffer the same fate though. He didn’t know what they were waiting for, but he intended not to be around to find out.
Thomas’ face was bruised and bloody, but he could still see. When the orcs took their weapons, they missed the thin dagger he kept tucked in his boot. Slowly, his back faced away from them, he was able to feign unconsciousness, get the dagger free. He cut the bonds around his ankles and he was almost through the ones binding their wrists. All he had to do was wait for the right moment.
Then it happened. The drunken carousing soon turned to anger. A pair of the brutes were yelling, and soon enough a fistfight started. Thomas leapt to his feet and ran off into the dark forest. Nearly as soon as he stood, the orcs took chase. He ducked and weaved between the trees hoping to lose them. He nearly tripped over exposed roots a few times. Arms pumping, he could hear them, they were catching up. As least he could go down fighting. Then it hit him, he was tackled from behind. Hot breath was on his neck. But things were different. He didn’t smell their stench, the cheap ale on their breath, the smell of unwashed bodies. Then he realized he was being carried by the neck, not roughly, but gentle, and he was off the ground, in a tree. He moves his eyes, saw a large black paw, as big as his head. A panther’s paw. The sounds of the orcs had disappeared.
He was laying so still and quiet, he didn’t even realize the creature had let him go. He began to scramble away from the creature, but then it spoke. Spoke. It’s voice was deep, soft, and gravelly. “Not so fast, you are forty feet up. It’d be a shame to have you fall and break your neck after I saved you from those orcs”
Thomas slowly turned over, being careful to keep his balance. The panther almost as big as a horse, lay on a branch nearby. He didn’t even hear it move. It was flicking it dark tail in the air like a barn cat. Golden vertically slit eyes regarded him amusingly. That is what Thomas thought anyway.
“Do not question my motives,” the creature said. It was as though the panther could read his mind, for that is what Thomas was thinking. If it saved him from the orcs, why not come sooner, and save his companions too. “My name is Midnight, I am the Feylord around here. Yes, you are currently in the Feywild,” Midnight said, again reading his thoughts. “It was necessary to keep you from the orcs, and I dislike the mortal realm.”
Finally finding his voice, Thomas spoke to the creature. “Why did you save me?” The words came out hoarse, little more than a whisper. The orcs never gave him water.
It was loud enough for Midnight to hear. “Because I have needs for mortals like you. Like I said, I dislike the mortal realm. Mortals are easy to brings here, but not all like what I have to offer. Or what I demand.”
“Here is the deal,” the Feylord purred. “I impart some of my power to you and let you leave my territory unharmed. In exchange when you return to your realm, you will further my own motives there. Refuse my offer, and I disappear, leaving you to find your own way out. Believe me when I tell you that some of my neighbors would treat you worse than the orcs would.”
Thomas swallowed, but still his voice came out in a little more than a croak. “How do I know what you need me to do.”
“You’ll know when the time arises. Now choose.” Midnight walked the branches of the tree, stalking closer.
“Deal.”
The panther leapt, knocking Thomas from his perch, and he fell out of the tree. Thomas landed, his ego more bruised than anything else. He’d seemed to only fall a few feet. He sat for a moment, collecting his bearings, and listening for any sign of the orcs. Nothing coming, he crept through the trees, soon coming to a clearing. Using the stars as a guide, he was able to find a road. A few hours later, he came upon a town.
His talents landed him a job telling stories at a tavern. That paid for his room, and the dishes he did after his performances was enough to cover the cost of food from the kitchen. Months went by, and the tavern owner was so happy with the increased business, that he gave Thomas a permanent room. The money he got from his performances was eventually enough to buy a new weapon, and a suit of armor. For some reason, Thomas thought whatever form his debt to Midnight came in, it wouldn’t be solved with stories. [/sblock]

[sblock=Appearance]
Thomas' blonde hair is short, and his grey eyes are hard, a testament of what he has lived through. He wears a slate blue tabard over chain armor. A longsword is on one hip, and small shield is on the other arm. In the field, he doesn't bother to shave, sporting a reddish/blonde scruff on his cheeks. He is relatively strong, more than average, but not at much as a trained warrior.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Morgran Deepwell

[sblock=Stats]
Morgran Deepwell Player: WD
Dwarf Warlock XP 0 Level 1
Initiative +0 Senses Low-light Vision
Passive Insight 17; Passive Perception 12
HP 30; Bloodied 15; Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 10
AC 16; Fortitude 14; Reflex 13; Will 13
Speed 5
Alignment Unaligned
Languages Dwarf, Common

Str 13 Dex 11 Wis 14
Con 18 Int 14 Cha 10

Basic Attack:
Eldritch Strike (Warhammer): +6 vs AC, 1d8+5 (Two-handed)

Racial Abilities
Cast-Iron Stomach; Dwarven Resilience; Dwarven Weapon Proficiency; Encumbered Speed; Stand Your Ground

Class Features
Eldritch blast, Eldritch Pact, Prime Shot, Shadow Walk, Warlock’s Curse

At-Will Powers
Hellish Rebuke: +4 vs Reflex, 1d6+4 fire (again damage if warlock hurt)
Eldritch Strike: +6 vs AC, 1d8+5 untyped

Encounter Powers
1 - Diabolic Grasp: +4 vs Fort, 2d8+4 untyped (slide 3 squares)

Daily Powers
1 - Armor of Agathys (12 THP, 1d6+4 cold vs adjacent enemies)

Utility Powers

Feats
1 Armor Proficiency (Chainmail)

Skills
Acrobatics -1
Arcana* +7
Athletics +0
Dungeoneering +4
Endurance +5
Intimidate* +5
Insight* +7
Perception +2
Stealth -1
Thievery* +4

Equipment
Warhammer (15 gp), Chainmail (40 gp), Standard adventurer’s kit (15gp), 30 gp

[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]
Morgran mostly worked scouting out old mines and exploring old caves for potential new strikes. He discovered his patron in one of the deep places (the dwarf has digged to deep ;)). He was there when our family was killed in a (purposeful?) mine collapse. None of the authorities beleive that it was murder, but he knows that the family had enemies...and that the collapse was no mistake.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Image]Morgran is squat and compact with a bald head and unwoven beard. His light grey eyes look as cold as granite and he peers at everyone, as if trying to look into their very souls. He always wears his chainmail under his robes, just in case.

attachment.php
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Name: Mei Ying
Class: Wizard 1
Alignment: Unaligned
Race: Human
Deity: ?
Size: Medium
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 132 lbs
Eyes: Onyx
Hair: Black Ponytail
Exp: 0

[sblock=Stats]Abilities
Str: 8 [-1], Dex: 10 [+0], Wis: 16 [+3]
Con: 12 [+1], Int: 18 [+4], Cha: 12 [+1]

Hit Points: 22 Bloodied: 11
Healing Surges: 7/day Healing Surge hp gained :5 HP per level: 4
Action Points: 1
Speed: 6 squares

Armour Class: 14
Fortitude Defence: 12
Reflex Defence: 15
Will Defence: 16
Initiative: +4

Skills:
Arcana +9
Dungeoneering +8
Insight +8
History +9
Nature +8
Religion +9

Languages: Common

Feats:
1 Improved Initiative
1 Initiate of the Faith

Race Traits:
+2 Intelligence
Bonus At Will
Bonus Feat
Bonus Trained Skill
Human Defense Bonus

Class Abilities:
Implement Mastery: Orb of Imposition
Cantrips: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
Ritual Casting
Spellbook
- Daily Spells: Flaming Sphere, Sleep
- Utility Spells: None
- Rituals: Comprehend Languages, Make Whole, Tenser's Floating Disc, Endure Elements

At-Will
Scorching Burst
Magic Missile
Thunderwave

Encounter
Icy Terrain
Healing Word

Daily
Flaming Sphere

Gear
2 belt pouches, 2gp, 1lb
Ritual Dagger, 1gp, 1lb

Ritual Components:

Rituals Purchased:

Money: 97gp

Normal load 50lbs/140lbs [/sblock]

Bihlbo

Explorer
Boldo Bindlestiff

Male Halfling Rogue 1 (0 XP)
Initiative +4; Senses Normal vision, Passive Insight 11, Passive Perception 16
HP 25; Bloodied 12; Healing Surge 6; Surges Per Day 7
AC 16 (21 vs. OA); Fort 14, Ref 16, Will 13 (+5 vs. fear)
Speed 6
Action Points 1
:bmelee:Dagger (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+4 vs AC; 1d4 damage.
:ranged:Hand Crossbow (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+6 vs AC; 1d6+5 damage.
:ranged:Dagger (thrown) (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+8 vs AC; 1d4+4 damage.
:melee:/:ranged:Deft Strike (standard; at-will) ✦ Martial, Weapon
Dex vs AC; 1[W]+Dex damage; you can move 2 before the attack.
:melee:/:ranged:Sly Flourish (standard; at-will) ✦ Marial, Weapon
Dex vs. AC; 1[W]+Dex+Cha.
:ranged:Unbalancing Shot (standard; encounter) ✦ Martial, Weapon
Dex vs. AC; 2[W]+Dex and target slowed until end of your next turn.
Second Chance (Immediate Interrupt; encounter)
When attacker hits you force enemy to re-roll and use second result.
:melee:/:ranged:Easy Target (standard; daily) ✦ Martial, Weapon
Dex vs. AC; 2[W]+Dex and target slowed and grants CA to you (save ends both). Miss: 1/2 damage and target grants CA to you till the end of your next turn.
Artful Dodger
Cha bonus to AC vs. OA.
Bold
Halflings gain +5 vs. fear.
First Strike
You have CA vs. those who haven't acted in the first round.
Nimble Reaction
+2 AC vs. OA.
Sneak Attack
+2d6 when you have CA.
Alignment Unaligned; Languages Common, Goblin
Str 10 (+0) Dex 18 (+4) Wis 13 (+1)
Con 13 (+1) Int 8 (-1) Cha 17 (+3)
Acrobatics* +11, Arcana -1, Athletics +0, Bluff* +9, Diplomacy +5, Dungeoneering +1, Endurance +1, Heal +1, History -1, Insight +1, Intimidate +3, Nature +1, Perception* +7, Religion -1, Stealth* +9, Streetwise* +8, Thievery* +11
*Trained Skill
Feats: Weapon Focus (crossbows)
Background: You are from the mean streets of Fannen-Dar. You gain a +1 bonus to Bluff and Perception.
Gear Leather armor, hand crossbow and ammo (60), 8 daggers, thieves' tools, standard adventurer's kit.

[sblock=background]
dnd_cwc_20070612_halfling.jpg

Boldo Bindlestiff grew up the child of a nomadic merchant from Rayshin. The travel introduced a great deal of danger in their lives and on one trip Boldo's father was killed. The remainder of the family moved to Fannen-Dar to live with Boldo's uncle Buckwilling, a far more entrenched man. Boldo began to work for Buckwilling in the Bindlestiff family enterprises of the area, which increasingly involved smuggling, larceny, and second-floor operations. Most of this work has been legitimate, as a result of being hired to perform necessary but clandestine tasks for the magistrates. This is however a result of a relationship formed after getting caught moving against the Bindlestiffs' primary rival, the Deicktasker family. Much of Boldo's operations for his family have been efforts to undermine the Deicktasker trade strength in the region, but has is so far yet to be caught doing anything underhanded enough to get more than some disapproving frowns. He would welcome a greater calling than this however, especially if it brought him back into the nomadic life he loved so much as a child.

Boldo's primary motivation is coin and commerce. He hopes his plunder will build a powerful trading operation, securing him status enough to become an honorable husband and father. He is fairly distrusting of others, skeptical, and thoughtful. But he hides it well and seems to others to be very charming, enthusiastic, and easy going. This flexible and impulsive nature are fed by his eagerness to take a chance, brave danger, and embrace risk with the hope of a large payoff.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
Mobile Armored Infantry Automaton, Division 18 / Unit 12

Mobile Armored Infantry Automaton, Division 18 Unit 12 (a.k.a., MAIA or 1812)

"This Is My Halberd. There Are Many Like It But This One Is Mine."

Male Warforged Fighter (Battlerage Vigor)
Initiative +0; Senses Normal Vision; Passive Insight 10, Passive Perception 10
HP 38; Bloodied 19; Healing Surge 9 ; Surges Per Day 13 [1 Used]
AC 16; Fort 16, Ref 11, Will 11
Speed 5
Action Points 1
:bmelee:Halberd (standard; at-will)Weapon
+6 vs AC; 1d10+4 damage.
:ranged:Javelin (standard; at-will)Weapon
Range 10/20; +5 vs AC; 1d6+4 damage.

:melee:Reaping Strike (standard; at-will)Martial, Weapon
Range: 3
+6 vs AC.
Hit: 1d10+4 damage.
Miss: +4 Damage
Additional Effects: +2 to Damage whenever you have Temp HP.

:melee:Crushing Surge (standard; at-will)Invigorating, Martial, Weapon
+6 vs AC
Hit: 1d10+4 Damage
Hit: Gain +4 Temp HP (Stacks)
Additional Effect: +2 to Damage whenever you have Temp HP.

:melee:Lunging Strike (standard; encounter)Martial, Weapon
+5 vs AC
Hit: 2d10+4
Additional Effect: +2 to Damage whenever you have Temp HP.

Warforged Resolve (minor; encounter)
Effect: Gain 3 (3+1/2 lvl) Temp HP. Roll a save against an effect that does Ongoing Damage.
Additional Effect: If Bloodied, heal 3 (3+1/2 lvl) HP.

:melee:Lasting Threat (standard; daily)Martial, Reliable, Weapon
Range:2
+6 vs AC
Hit: 3d10+3 damage. Target is Marked until the end of the Encounter or until you fall unconscious.
No mark can supersede this one.

Battlerage Vigor
Gain Con Mod (+4) Temp HP when you hit with a Melee or Close attack.
Invigorating powers grant temp HP when they miss.

Gain +1 Damage when wearing light armor.
Instead gain +2 Damage when wearing light armor and weilding an Axe, Hammer, Mace or Pick.

Combat Superiority
If you hit a moving enemy with an opportunity attack, their movement ends.

Combat Challenge
Mark foes you attack, they get -2 to attacks not including you.
Make a Basic Melee attack against a marked foe who Shifts or makes an attack that does not include you.
Mark lasts until end of your next turn or until you mark another target.

Alignment Unaligned; Languages Common, Giant
Str 18 (+4) Dex 10 (+0) Wis 10 (+0)
Con 18 (+4) Int 12 (+1) Cha 10 (+0)

Athletics +8, Endurance +10, Heal +5, Intimidate +2

Feats: Toughness

Gear: Halberd, 4x Javelin, Chainmail, Backpack, 4x Sunrod, Flint & Steel, Belt Pouch, 50' Hemp Rope (76 Lbs)

Money: 2gp

[sblock=Personality and Appearance:]
(Excerpt from a proposal from the Artificiers Guild to the Rayshin Military Command)
At a uniform 6' tall and 270 lbs, our new model Mobile Armored Infantry Automaton is designed from the ground-up to be the perfect grunt. Absolutely tireless whether standing guard for force-marching to the next engagment M.A.I.A. units come fully prepared with basic weapon training (standard arms & armor included with purchase), knowledge of military protocol and basic first-aid capability to allow them to assist non-automated troops and officers they're stationed with. While designed to be fully intelligent to allow them to rapidly adapt to changing conditions on the battlefield their design incorporates an absolute obedience to the military command structure; once given an order they are incapable of obeying it.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background:]
War.
War never changes.
Generally speaking, neither do Warforged.

The Rayshin Military Command has been buying warforged from the Artificers for years. 20 years ago they bought their 18th division; and with it, Unit 12. For most of the time since, the 18th division has been stationed as border guards along the northern frontier to keep out orc raiders. A year and a half ago, Rayshin responded to a request for military aid by sending the 17th, 18th and 19th divisions to Khora to an orc war party before they could pillage the city. Unfortunately the size of the orc war party was... underestimated. Although the M.A.I.A. divisions were able to blunt the charge and give the Khorans time to marshall their defense they were completely overrunn and almost completely exterminated. Gravely injured during the fighing, General Storung was trying to pull together the last remnants of his forces and withdraw from the field when they were charged by a group of orc berserkers who knocked the General off his feet before being killed by the last few 'Forged on the field. With his dying breath, the General ordered his last few troops off the field of battle; then, as the last few warforged withdrew, grumbled about his superior officers. "... <cough> ... never <cough> follow <wheeze> orders again." Still within earshot, 1812 thought this was an order. Never follow orders again. Pondering what that meant, and what he'd do without any Orders to follow, 1812 went south. And kept going. Until he found himself in Fannen-Dar.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Camelot

Adventurer
I forgot about this earlier, but in the rat room you found 35 gp, 45 sp, and 50 cp. Each character gets 7 gp, 9 sp, and 10 cp.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases