Red, Taran, Orim you're up[IC -D&D 4e: Forgotten Realms-] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

Rathan

First Post
"I do believe I am free to help out... besides I promised good ole' Soveliss here I'd help him with his most grievous issue as of late anyways" the shifter said with his prim and proper accent as he pats Soveliss softly on his shoulder......

Kamaru

First Post
The other Eladrin seemed keen on accepting the job offer as well as Grendel, who fell true to his word, accepting an offer to join Soveliss in his exploits on the job before, like Soveliss, knowing very little of the details of the job besides what the thug had said.

Red although had been quit, drawing all of the event’s conclusions in at once it seemed. Soveliss couldn’t tell if she wanted to join in on the job as well or just go back to tavern.

”Did you feel up to taking on the job with us or did you want to know more about it and us as well before you decide? It’ll probably be a bit different from tonight though or do you need to go back to the bar to check in with the barkeep since he might be wondering if you’re still alive?” Soveliss asked the redheaded Elven maiden shooting her a glance to seem if she was deep in thought, bored, or if her expression showed signs of confusion. The young Eladrin had to admit this was the most chaotic of days he had had since he got into the town but it was all part of training he guessed.

(OoC: Should I even be messing with magical stuff? I'm untrained Arcane Check = 1d20+(3+2) → [20,5] = (25)?)

Voda Vosa

First Post
The Deva narrows his eyes "I'll only join if she does. It'll be like yesterday again my lady" Orin says to Red, with a bow.

"Very well, I'll call the wizards to take care of that thing, the ones that wish to join us, come with me. Slim, stay here until the wizard comes." with that the dwarf's boss walks around the building and to the entrance.

Immarael can tell that the explosive devices is designed to explode with a given command, and that words are "Wizard, new, recruit and a name: 'Fermach'." it doesn't take much to figure out the name of the wizard the dwarf's boss is going to call... Although Soveliss and Red are not trained in the arcane arts as well as Immarael, they can tell that the bomb is activated with command words, and that some have been already activated.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Immarael (Male Eldarin Sorcerer 1) HP:26 Def: 12 - 12/12/16

After a few moments of watching the boss walk away and no one speaking up about the command words and the thought that innocent lives could be lost running through his head, Immarael nervously skitters over to the walking boss.

Hoping that his knowledge will not make him a target for the Cowled ones, he nervous and quietly says: "Ummmm.... excuse me sir... I have some experience in the past with sorts of magical antiquities. You may want to know that it appears that the command words for the device are: Wizard, new, recruit and 'Fermach'. Some of the words have already been activated, so your people will want to be very cautious about what they say. Just in case, you may want to have them say nothing at all while disposing of the item in case I am incorrect, as I am on occasion."

He nervously walks with the boss a bit as he digests the info and responds, hoping that the man will not freak out and attempt to kill him on the spot. =O

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Red, Female Elven Invoker

Red

Red glanced at the Eladrin when he spoke to her, quickly absorbing what he was saying to her. "I do not need to speak with the barkeep, sir," Red explained. "He knew the terms of my employment . . . only until I found purpose . . . ."

The auburn haired beauty bit her lower lip in uncertainty, and her eyes got wide for a moment. "I . . . I don't know if this is it . . . ," Red started, blinking her eyes furiously to hold back anything from dropping from them, "but it is a better than . . . better than nothing."

Orin said:
"I'll only join if she does. It'll be like yesterday again my lady" Orin says to Red, with a bow.

Red looked sharply at the Deva, a questioning glance. She remembered yesterday . . . and the Deva wasn't in it. Then again, Deva were always talking about past lives and having trouble remembering what happened when. Her look eased, and she nodded to the Deva . . . no reason to set him off on a two hour explanation that happened a hundred years ago or something.

Kamaru

First Post
"Everyone out of the alleyways. NOW!" the young Eladrin would bark. He wasn't an expert on magic but any thing meant to harm someone would do a good job if they stood around to think about it. If it was partially active it was only a matter of time before it would fully activate and explode. Afterwards Soveliss would address Red a little less callus it seemed in afterthought, "It's not like if you'll be doing the job alone... I'll take that as a partial maybe?" he would joke. He didn't know why she seemed to be upset but he thought he should find out later.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Grendel would stick with Soveliss as he promised he would taking his time to check around the area just a moment more before tailing Soveliss to wherever he moves off to once out of the alleyway.... He didn't know the city.. or any city for that matter too awfully well and would stick with those he knew most now here to stay safe and keep up with what was going on with all of them....

ukingsken

First Post
I care not whence we go, I know my duty.

Orim scans the area, ever vigilant for any suggested threat. Never again would he fail his sacred duty.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The boss nods silently to Immarael "Very well, thanks for the information"
As the group follows the man inside the building, they are intercepted by a cowled wizard, of stern look. "I am..." he starts to say, but the boss jumps out and covers his mouth with his hand "Do NOT say your name out loud. There's a bomb back there that will explode if you do. Go and deactivate it, please" the man steps aside, leaving the wizard perplex. "Uhm... Well..." wondering his own thoughts, the mage pass by you to the back of the building.
"Here, you may pass" Slim's boss says, opening the door for you.
Inside, there's a set of chairs and a big desk, behind which there are two men. One of them is writing something on a piece of paper.
Sitting on the chairs, there's a couple of roguish looking guys, a woman, a halfling and an elf.
Standing next to the desk, there's a woman, fancying the same uniform Slim wears.

"Sit over there if you wish, we'll begin the sign up after 'the mage' is back."
You take your seats, and in about 5 minutes, Fermach is back.
"Galdan, the bomb has been dealt with. A most clever design. It would have erased this hole block from Faerum, should you pronounced my name. The other words had already been said" the wizard states plainly.
"Splendid Fermach. We should make the choices among these fine people and give the chosen ones, the information about the mission." Galdan suggests.

Fermach took his place next to the other two men, and Galdan started calling for each of you. They ask the following questions:
Name?
Are you an Amnish citizen?
Place of birth?
Allegiances?
Profession?
Personal knowledge about Spellhold?
Any remarkable skill?
Are you skilled in the arcane Arts?
Any remarkable Item that you carry with you?
Any special desire the city authorities can give you instead of normal payment?

Fermach makes the note that he can tell, using a spell, if you are not telling the truth.

OOC: Please each of you answer all of this questions in your next post.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases