Red, Taran, Orim you're up[IC -D&D 4e: Forgotten Realms-] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

Voda Vosa

First Post
Soveliss, Thin and the half-elf bard were assigned to another part of the mission, they were to get into Spellhold from the back of the island, were the rest gets the main entrance.
With the final details noted on a piece of paper, Orim , Immarael, "Red", Gredel and Taran make their way to the inn, weaving farewell to their other comrades. Once there, the innkeeper inquires Red about what would she do with her job. Once the red haired elf explains the situation, the innkeeper nods in silent agreement, before leading all of you to your respective rooms.
This was a tiresome day for all of you, so the dirt-filled room doesn't disturb your sleep at all.
Early in the morning, you wake to take a frugal breakfast, cheese, bread and and some hot drinks. Alkathla so early in the morning is so much silent... The empty streets seem like a post apocalyptic scene, dust whirling in the corners of the buildings.
The group soon make their way to the docks, where Galdan and the others are waiting.
"Good morning to you. The others have already sail, the hidden side of the island is harder to get from sea than the main entrance." Galdan takes a step a side, and glances at an old sea dog "This is Captain Afar Tsir, he'll be in charge of the ship, you are under his command now until you reach shore, there you'll designate another leader if you want, the good captain will stay and protect the "Barking Siren" with his men. We don't know for certain what can you find there, but it'll be dangerous. Here's a copy of the maps of Spellhold, the one you retrieved from the thieves, from the city vaults. Make good use of it, the place seems like a damn maze. Come back when you get the information. If you can give whoever is responsible for this, a good punch in the face, be my guest." He gives the map to Orin, claps his hands and raises his eyebrows. "I think that's all I had to tell you. Good luck, and safe journey."
With that Galdan bids you farewell and captain Afar shows you your barracks aboard the Barking Siren. A few minutes later, the sails are deployed and the sound of wood, creaking and screeching announces the start of the Trip.
Afar introduces you to the crewmen:
"These be thi finest most fierce men in the sea! Each o' them has 'n important duty 'board. So ye fnde yerselves useful!"
Ragaman is the second in charge, a bald man with a wooden leg.
Tamalran is the doctor, a small thin man, with a nose that makes his face resemble a vulture.
Dolom is a cleric of Umbrelee, a dark tanned man, caring a heavy staff. He looks weird, plainly weird.
There are a dozen more sailors, whose names are so hard to pronounce and their low importance aboard.

OOC: Sorry, been overloaded with RL stuff. You are free to RP anything you want among you and the NPCs. When you feel ready, let me know, and we'll move on.

ukingsken

First Post
Orim scans each and every man with an unnerving stare, appraising them as both allies and possible threats.

Let it be known that I am an instrument of the righteous fury, and will tolerate no interference with our mission, just as you would brook no interference with your duties aboard ship. If you remember that, and know that I am ever vigilant, then we should have an uneventful trip.

Having said his piece, Orim finds an out of the way section of the deck, draws his fullblade, and begins running through various swordforms with religious zeal.

Walking Dad

First Post
Looking at the ship, Taran says: "I'm Taran. I will be in the crow's nest. No human sight can match elven senses."

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Taran
Perception: 21 Insight: 14 Low-Light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 14 Will 15
Hit Points: 31/31 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 7 Surges per day: 9/9
At-Will Powers: Wild Shape, Chill Wind, Savage Rend, Storm Spike
Encounter Powers: Elven Accuracy, Darting Bite
Daily Powers: Faerie Fire

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Grendel looks and the boat and shakes his head quickly as if to say 'ummmm... no thanks...' as he'd never been on a boat before and sure enough even on the very first shift of the boat after he boarded.... his head was over the side having a bit of an involuntary spill if you will.... after a few moments of praying to the sea gods to let him keep the rest of his lunch he seemed to calm a bit emotionally and breathed deep to keep from getting dizzy... this would be a wonderfully interesting trip for the first time sailor.....

Voda Vosa

First Post
"A little bit 'f "salivation" perhaps? Ha ha! Mister Hairy, what's tha' ye be doin' 'board my ship?" the captain strongly pats Gredel in the back.

ukingsken

First Post
Collect yourself, the assassins have already proven that any lapse in our guard could be fatal. It would be unwise to be caught with your head over the side of the ship.

Orim stares at his companion before turning back to the deckhands and Red.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"Red" - Female Elven Invoker

Red didn't have many skills that she knew of . . . though she always felt comfortable in the wilderness. Instead she worked on staying out of the way, to let others do their work.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The ship starts it's slow departure from the Amnian city. You see the shape of Galdan, becoming smaller each time, until the whole dock is just a line in the horizon.
"Well ye salty dogs! We are on sea now, so ye better prepare yerselves! Our priest announces some storms before we reach Spellhold." The captain proclaims, in his way to his cabin.
The sailors are busy with their tasks and barely pay any attention to our heroes, excepting Red, who receives the lust-filled glances of more than one sailor, although no even one dares to try Orim zealous stance and approach her.
Taran climbs to the crow's nest, and begins watching the horizon. He does indeed notices a huge storm ahead, perhaps at 5 hours of sailing.
Dolom approaches Gredel, looking at his left and right "You... I can feel zomething zpezial about you..." he hisses.
Immarael stands lonely under the main post, keeping his thoughts to himself.

Remove ads