D&D 4th Edition Red, Taran, Orim you're up[IC -D&D 4e: Forgotten Realms-] A Paid Trip to Spellhold - Page 3





+ Log in or register to post
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 240
  1. #21
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Rathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Might As Well Be Canada, ME
    Posts
    4,600

    Ignore Rathan
    Insight Rolls
    I will make 3 attempts myself at an insight DC of 20 and lend my aid once to Soveliss once on a DC 10 insight check to find his thugs....

    1d20+9=14, 1d20+9=29, 1d20+9=24


    Grendel looks up to Soveliss and has a spark of intuition come over his facial features... "I do believe I just had an idea on where we might be able to find your assistants my friend! Follow me"!

    ooc
    I do believe I rolled the requirements that VV had offered us... so now I will leave it up to him where Grendel leads Soveliss and whoever else wants to follow him!
    Characters I Play!
    Coming Soon!

 

  • #22
    I aim to misbehave
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Keia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    On the raggedy edge
    Posts
    8,630

    Ignore Keia

    "Red" Female Elven Invoker

    Red glanced from the eladrin to the shifter, offering, "I saw them head out the back door." The young elven woman glanced to the barkeep, the look in her eye asking to go along with the two strangers. Silently, Red was looking for anything to get out of cleaning up. Plus, she felt like she should be doing something more . . . anything more.

    Spoiler:
    OOC: Note that companions get +1 to perception checks if they are within 5 squares of her. Three insight checks:1d20+9=19, 1d20+9=15, 1d20+9=19 . . . so close

  • #23
    Recap my POV

    "Name is Grendel actually my friend... and yours?... I can't let you go off to your death on your own my friend.. who will preform your last rights? I will go with you and if they try anything I got this GIANT club to bash them in with.... nasty men tossing fey out windows.. have they NO respect.... savages" said man his appearance seemed more animalistic Soveliss noticed ironically, "Ummm on second thought... maybe we should get one more... no no... two more... maybe three to help us.... the better number the better yes?... I used the right words yes?" the fellow continued which made sense in a way larger numbers would have been better. "I must seem very strange to you yes?.. a diplomatic animal it seems.... well I was taught the ways of civilized man in hopes I could be a correspondence between my tribe and this foul city as food is getting scares for us out there in paths we travel..."

    Soveliss was a bit surprised by the last comment, although the man had a 'unique' appearance he was less shocked by things that happened around him since coming to this city.

    "I saw them head out the back door" someone yelled from close to the doorway which the young Eladrin noticed as he slowed to a stop for a moment. Blinking he dismissed staring at the young elven lady rudely and began to think. Although it was two on one the his quarry didn't bother to see what happened to him. As for fight or flee they probably did what they did to buy them some time and were paniced or at the very least surprised. Thinking of the area and the basic layout of this district of the city. Soveliss tried to determine where one would go if they were trying to put as much distance as possible from the tavern and his quarry before you would become comfortable or tired enough to stop and think.

    Digging through his things Soveliss found where he hide his coin purse and tossed a gold coin to the lady at the door. He didn't have time to stop or apologize right now as he was in a hurry, taking a quick glance up to memorize the tavern to come back to apologize at later he spoke out.

    "Could you give this to the barkeep Miss and tell him I'll be back later to apologize in person, oh, and if you don't mind go to the back door and see if you can see them." the young Eladrin asked before turning to face Grendel.

    "I do believe I just had an idea on where we might be able to find your assailants my friend! Follow me!" Grendel explained seemingly excited about the pursuit it seemed.

    "I'm Soveliss. I guess you'll be stuck with me throughout the night it seems. Although an odd tour of the city I guess it seems you'll have to stick with me a bit longer as thanks to find my assailants. Besides afterwards we can sit down for a drink and meal. Right now I need to take actions and keep my conversations short so they don't hear us coming." Soveliss explained as he caught up. He didn't want to sound too curt or bossy but he was on a timelimit. Looking at the young eleven maiden over his shoulder he just replied, "Meet outback."

    The young Eladrin would follow the man but bolted down the first side street that would get him behind the bar scanning the area as he went. Calling for the man to follow unless they spot something before reaching the back door.

    (OoC: Did anyone notice my Ability scores are off (too high), *fixes* Making a Streetwise Check first, one insight, and 5 perceptions (2 on the way to the back of the bar and three as I get closer unless we find something before we get back there) Also who adds in aid bonus? Me or V2? I think I'm out of Red's field of influence for a bonus.
    Rolls (7)
    Streetwise Check: 1d20=13
    Insight Check: 1d20+9=18
    Perception Checks(5): 1d20+9=21,22,25,26,29

    That took a bit to actually type up... I meant the rolls. And yes I do realize the chances of us finding something might split us up, scrambling and pursuit does that sometimes.)
    Last edited by Kamaru; Saturday, 4th April, 2009 at 01:54 PM.

  • #24
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    FreeXenon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Baraboo
    Posts
    3,111

    Ignore FreeXenon

    Immarael (Male Eldarin Sorcerer 1) HP:26 Def: 12 - 12/12/16

    Immarael's open a bit wider, surprised that he is so forthright about being and Arcanist, especially in this town. Not sure if he should quite trust the first person he meets in this town, but there is something about him.

    Immarael's eyes drifted off somewhere in the distance as he rather autonomically handed over his waterskin; his mind was somewhere else as if he was watching the moment happen from above - a spectator in the moment.

    His mind quickly pulls back into the moment as Julian finishes tending to his head wound. The Eladrin harumphs a little when the Half-Elf mentions him being a swordsman and says quietly "I am no swordsman. I have trained how to use it out of necessity. My true calling is the weave that burns in my blood to be released. It is rather uncomfortable to keep it in when my blood gets pumping. It yearns to be expressed and ignited upon my foes. His face is a little annoyed after saying that.

    "The Cowled Wizards are a sort of a blast'em-if-you-got'em police force here who have outlawed the use of magic by non-Cowled Wizards. The punishment is, well, unpleasant, if you can tell anything from what happened here." and then whispers ever quieter as he pulls closer to the Half-Elf and continues "I have the feeling that I am being watched all of the time. It is strange... the eyes... I can feel them. I will be searching for those who oppose the Cowls... The Emarald Cabal...... so this wrong can be righted."

    He pulls himself away and clears his throat and says in a normal voice "Well, we may have to find a few people to assist me moving the remaining beer barrels to the warehouse so their journey can be done. We will also have to find a priest. Would you mind watching over this mess while I go find someone so I can finish this and then we can find a place to rest for the night?" He waits for a positive response and then pads off to look for help starting with the people in the area that saw everything go down. He has 14 gold left if that will help things.



    [OOC: @Voda Vosa: Who you calling 'delicate'. =O

    Would Julian and I be able to move the barrels to the merchant or are both of us together still too delicate? =) I have Endurance and am patient enough to struggle my way through it with help.

    Streetwise rolls: 14, 21, 17 to find people to help us and to find a priest.
    Endurance rolls: 8, 8, 25 or Strength rolls: 4, 11, 2 if I think that we can do , it ourselves....

    With those rolls it is not looking so good. =( =)

    or if there is some other way to make it happen let me know. =)
    ]

  • #25
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,840

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    OOC: FreeXenon: We'll wait for our itinerant bard reply, and of course his streetwise rolls.
    OOC: Keia Ratham and Kamaru: I'll get to your results later, I'm too busy right now. I like to take my time for these things to make them nice and good. It's kinda hard for me to write good and coherent things with no time. You know, English, pff. =D
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #26
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland area
    Posts
    12

    Ignore Haedril

    Julian Drake

    Julian nods slightly to Immarael's whispers and agrees to the plan saying "Like I said, I'm at your service. I've got my outlet right here," he taps his lute "and I'll be here when you get back. If you lose your way, follow the sound of my song." With that, Julian watches Immarael walk back toward the streets as he starts playing and singing a nice song to remind him of home, something that'll be easily picked out from the bustle of the city. While waiting, Julian also checks the destroyed barrel for any drink that hasn't met with the streets yet.

    ooc

    sorry, about the delay, streetwise rolls:
    1d20 6=10, 1d20 6=14, 1d20 6=9
    bleh, nothing to really good, sorry

    Last edited by Haedril; Sunday, 5th April, 2009 at 09:34 AM.

  • #27
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,840

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    Sovelis, Grendel and Red

    The two men take separate ways surrounding the tavern building, and met with red, who was already outside.
    There were no tracks to follow, but trusting in the shifter’s sixth sense, the three strangers run into a narrow alley, turn to the left, then to the right, finding a building in a state of heavy disrepair. Soveliss spotted footprints and recently moved rubble near the building, and the group followed them for a short distance, finding themselves next to the east gate of the commercial district, where the footprints banished.
    Grendel suggested that the killers would have tried to lose them in the crowd of the populated commercial plaza, so the trio spring into the crowd, searching for them.
    A merchant told the eldarin that he saw a pair of guys matching the given description, running toward the north entrance of the district.
    The trio moved to the gate, to find an eldarin, a half-elf and a towering local, pulling off a partially burned wagon, among the corpses of at least a dozen charred humans.

    Immarael and Julian

    The eldarin has luck, and finds a huge man, pure muscle, who agrees in helping him in the transport for a couple of silvers.
    As he returns to the wagon, he finds Julien playing a beautiful song with his instrument.

    The trio starts pulling the wagon through the burned up gate, when they are approached by another Eldarin, a shifter, and a handsome elven woman, whose hair is of an intense red colour.


    Orim, Twiixt and Taran

    As the trio debates the best course of action, they hear an explosion from the northern area of the district, screams, and then, total silence.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #28
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Rathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Might As Well Be Canada, ME
    Posts
    4,600

    Ignore Rathan
    "Excuse me my good fellows but would you happen to have seen two thugs (Grendel would give them the exact description Soveliss used earlier to describe the two thugs here) traveling this direction would you? the most definitely animal-esque looking shifter said with almost perfect tone and posture of a well educated man... a sight to see if there ever was one I assure you....

    "You all look terribly busy.... terribly.. that was the word I wanted yes?... Well anyways.. if you would just tell us if you've seen them.. that would be wonderful!" the priest utters cleanly....
    Characters I Play!
    Coming Soon!

  • #29
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Charwoman Gene's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    3,724
    Blog Entries
    2

    Ignore Charwoman Gene
    Orim's eye's dart to the north, and he tenses up out of a lingering sense of honor and duty. He turns to the rustic pair and intones "I am asigned to your service. The violent wrath of the gods flows through me at your direction. Use me well."
    New Sig Rules are lame, and I am cheap.

  • #30
    I aim to misbehave
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Keia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    On the raggedy edge
    Posts
    8,630

    Ignore Keia

    "Red" - Female Elven Invoker

    Red

    After receiving acceptance from the barkeep, Red gathered her travel bag, bow and quiver. She often wore her supple, beaten hide armor under here apron, and today was no different. Smiling, the young elven woman left her apron behind on a table and hustled out the back of the tavern, trying to remember what the thugs looked like.

    She knew her way around, but knowing your way was completely different than chasing someone. Red followed along behind the others, seeing where the pair would lead her. The elven woman remained silent and at the back of the trio as they approached the wagon.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [OOC] A Paid Trip to Spellhold
      By Voda Vosa in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 381
      Last Post: Tuesday, 3rd April, 2012, 11:44 AM
    2. [OOC-D&D 4e: Forgotten Realms] A Paid Trip to Spellhold
      By Voda Vosa in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 188
      Last Post: Friday, 16th March, 2012, 01:27 PM
    3. A paid Trip to Spellhold [RG, D&D4e]
      By Voda Vosa in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: Tuesday, 19th April, 2011, 02:07 AM
    4. A Paid Trip to Spellhold [D&D 4e]
      By Voda Vosa in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 634
      Last Post: Wednesday, 23rd February, 2011, 09:03 PM
    5. [RG][D&D 4E] A Paid Trip to Spellhold
      By Voda Vosa in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Thursday, 14th May, 2009, 03:19 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •