D&D 4th Edition Red, Taran, Orim you're up[IC -D&D 4e: Forgotten Realms-] A Paid Trip to Spellhold - Page 4





+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 240
  1. #31
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    FreeXenon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Baraboo
    Posts
    3,134

    Ignore FreeXenon

    Immarael (Male Eldarin Sorcerer 1) HP:26 Def: 12 - 12/12/16

    Immarael pauses a little from attempting to assist the rather burly fellow in pulling the wagon of Daleland beer as the odd triple approach. The dichotomy of feral human and articulate speech causes the Eladrin's head to cock ever-so-slightly in interest, having him almost miss what the Deva had to say....

    "Ummm... I have not seen them, but I might be able to help you with your task if you can help me with mine, and please forgive my forwardness, but my I am in need of a priest of a goodly sort. It sounds like you might be able to help me. he says looking to the zealous Deva, and he continues in one big hurried breath "My fellow Dalelanders here have befallen the justice of the Cowled ones and are in need of a priest to help them to meet their final judgment. The black-clad ones you can ignore.... Do you have the time? When We finish delivering this hopefully I can pay you appropriately for your most need services, and I will reeeeeaaalllly! appreciate it?"

    He pauses to breathe for a moment and then says a little more calmly "I am new in town, but I tend to know myself around cities pretty well. Perhaps I can help you to locate your 'friends' if you can help my 'friends'?"

    He looks to Julian and says "Perhaps you and 'Gregor' here can take the remaining beer to the merchant and receive payment, then perhaps pay our burly friend (Gregor), and then meet up with us later as we hunt for their 'friends'?"

    He looks to all of them and says "What say you!"

 

  • #32
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Rathan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Might As Well Be Canada, ME
    Posts
    4,600

    Ignore Rathan
    Oh my.... the last time I saw this much mass loss of life was when my tribe went after the dire boar named Argotooth.... half my tribe were decimated by the boars tusks and feral bull rushes... sadly I had to preform last rites for them as well... as I am a cleric of Melora... and I will be happy to send your former companions to the world beyond if you will help us in our endeavor?... I hate to barter over dead souls... but we could use the numbers.... the feral looking priest said with near perfect clarity and speech...

    Gredel would go to each fallen man not dressed in black, knelt over them a short moment or two.... he would reach down and forcibly close their eyelids and whisper a soft prayer to Melora to take their souls as hers and protect them in the afterworlds.... after doing so the priest would pluck with a wince mind you a hair from his own head.... a symbol that he gives unto himself to the dead a ward of protection to travel the hard road to meet Melora... with each person he does this with and then stands with a slight watering in his eyes... "This city can be so cruel... when people no longer need to rely on one another to survive... caring for another being besides yourself seems to just fade into an afterthought in ones mind..... so sad.." said the shifter.. completely out of character for his race.. but it was how he'd be taught from a young age...
    Last edited by Rathan; Monday, 6th April, 2009 at 07:09 PM.
    Characters I Play!
    Coming Soon!

  • #33
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Chicagoland area
    Posts
    12

    Ignore Haedril

    Julian Drake

    Julian looked from the strangers to Immarael and then to the mountian of muscle near him. He wasn't sure about the shifter and had never seen an elf with such an exotic hair color, but then again it might be worse if they were normal looking. Julian smiled to the strangers before turning to Immarael to reply "I'll take the supplies, and be back soon then." Julian looks to Gregor "Well my friend, seems its down to us then." With that, Julian nods to everyone else and tries to help Gregor move the cart as best as his scrawny arms can.
    Last edited by Haedril; Tuesday, 7th April, 2009 at 05:02 AM. Reason: post below and such

  • #34
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,889

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    OOC: I think there has been a misunderstanding. Orin Taran a Twiixt are not with the others. Not now at least. We are waiting for SeaPainter or WD to give life signals.
    Currently we have:
    At the North Gate
    Red
    Immarael
    Julian
    Grendel
    Soveliss

    In the commercial plaza
    Taran
    Twiixt
    Orin

    I hope I clarified the situation.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Charwoman Gene View Post
    Orim's eye's dart to the north, and he tenses up out of a lingering sense of honor and duty. He turns to the rustic pair and intones "I am asigned to your service. The violent wrath of the gods flows through me at your direction. Use me well."

    "Thanks, but I don't know what to do. This plague the other druids went to heal is surely bad, but we just lost our treasures we carried with us and the object we wanted the druids help to identify.
    We could follow them, moving to the docks, but why?...
    Brother, what do you think?"
    Taran says, his voice sounding sorrowful.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #36
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Charwoman Gene's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    3,724
    Blog Entries
    2

    Ignore Charwoman Gene
    Orim casts his eyes on Twiixt. His body language suggests uneasiness and desire for action.
    New Sig Rules are lame, and I am cheap.

  • #37
    I aim to misbehave
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Keia's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    On the raggedy edge
    Posts
    8,630

    Ignore Keia

    "Red" - Female Elven Invoker

    Red glanced around around once it became apparent that the two thugs they were following had not come this way. Not that she would be able to find them in the city this large, but stranger things had happened.

    Plus, it helped her not need to look at the wagon of dead. All looking at that did was cause a burning in her stomach and a tightness to her eyes.

  • #38
    Recap my POV

    His quarry seemed constantly just out of reach. As they group of three moved towards the north gate they came upon three men, to Soveliss it didn’t look like a fight but more like a skimish turned slaughter.

    "Excuse me my good fellows but would you happen to have seen two thugs (Grendel would give them the exact description Soveliss used earlier to describe the two thugs here) traveling this direction would you?”
    the shifter asked politely. "You all look terribly busy.... terribly… that was the word I wanted yes? Well anyways… If you would just tell us if you've seen them… that would be wonderful!" Grendel inquired.

    An Eladrin man looked at Grendel now from his current task of pulling the wagon.

    "Ummm... I have not seen them, but I might be able to help you with your task if you can help me with mine, and please forgive my forwardness, but my I am in need of a priest of a goodly sort. It sounds like you might be able to help me.”
    he asked before the man explained."My fellow Dalelanders here have befallen the justice of the Cowled ones and are in need of a priest to help them to meet their final judgment. The black-clad ones you can ignore.... Do you have the time? When We finish delivering this hopefully I can pay you appropriately for your most need services, and I will reeeeeaaalllly! appreciate it?"

    After a pause he continued, "I am new in town, but I tend to know my way around cities pretty well. Perhaps I can help you to locate your 'friends' if you can help my 'friends'?" he said before turning to the man with elven and human features, "Perhaps you and 'Gregor' here can take the remaining beer to the merchant and receive payment, then perhaps pay our burly friend (Gregor), and then meet up with us later as we hunt for their 'friends'?" he said before turning back to the rest of people in front of him "What say you!" he said waiting for the response from the trio.

    “Oh my.... the last time I saw this much mass loss of life was when my tribe went after the dire boar named Argotooth.... half my tribe was decimated by the boars tusks and feral bull rushes... sadly I had to perform last rites for them as well... as I am a cleric of Melora... and I will be happy to send your former companions to the world beyond if you will help us in our endeavor?... I hate to barter over dead souls... but we could use the numbers....”
    the priest commented.

    Soveliss watched as Grendel performed the ritual, "This city can be so cruel... when people no longer need to rely on one another to survive... caring for another being besides yourself seems to just fade into an afterthought in ones mind... so sad.." said the shifter.

    The Half-elf man looked at the trio to his companion and then to the burly man near the group before pausing to take it in and he replied to the Eladrin next to him."I'll take the supplies, and be back soon then." he said turning to the larger man, "Well my friend, seems its down to us then." nodding to everyone else and tries to help move the cart as best as his scrawny arms can.

    Soveliss had noticed the elven lady had stayed quite so far and was looking at the bodies now. Dismissing it he figured if she had notice to say idle chit chat was pointless.


    Scanning the area Soveliss determined what probably happened during the fight until some used magic to ‘mitigate’ the skirmish. In his opinion it was against his tastes and slightly cowardly to blast all the combatants as they had been. High magic was not his field nor did he rely on it. Thoughts of his faith in steel and intellect subsided as he said a silent prayer to Tempus before moving into action.

    ”Pull with your legs and lean forward slightly unless you want a bit of back pain when you’re done. Meet us as the Shifting Sands Tavern if you can’t find us we’ll go there once we’re done.” he stated before assisting Grendel in moving the bodies to perform last rights if need be. Although in a hurry it seemed right to do since they were savagely burned to death it seemed.

    ”They aren’t my ‘friends’ by the way…” Soveliss mentioned to the other Eladrin man. A little quieter and mostly to himself he continued in a more somber tone, ”Any creature who would burn a man’s home down and leave him and his family for dead then laugh about it can’t be my friend…”

    (OoC: I went with Free mentioning it to the priest instead of the avenger. Soveliss will help expedite the process of last rites if he can and get back to search for the two men as soon as possible.)
    Last edited by Kamaru; Thursday, 9th April, 2009 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Noticed I didn't finish writing the name of the Tavern D=

  • #39
    As his brother has no further suggestions, Taran points to the north.
    "Then lead on. I hope we will find what we seek."
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #40
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Charwoman Gene's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    3,724
    Blog Entries
    2

    Ignore Charwoman Gene
    Orim nods, and begins to walk north, searching for the source of the commotion.

    "Follow then, perhaps the gods have a surprise for us."
    New Sig Rules are lame, and I am cheap.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [OOC] A Paid Trip to Spellhold
      By Voda Vosa in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 381
      Last Post: Tuesday, 3rd April, 2012, 11:44 AM
    2. [OOC-D&D 4e: Forgotten Realms] A Paid Trip to Spellhold
      By Voda Vosa in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 188
      Last Post: Friday, 16th March, 2012, 01:27 PM
    3. A paid Trip to Spellhold [RG, D&D4e]
      By Voda Vosa in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 21
      Last Post: Tuesday, 19th April, 2011, 02:07 AM
    4. A Paid Trip to Spellhold [D&D 4e]
      By Voda Vosa in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 634
      Last Post: Wednesday, 23rd February, 2011, 09:03 PM
    5. [RG][D&D 4E] A Paid Trip to Spellhold
      By Voda Vosa in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Thursday, 14th May, 2009, 03:19 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •