[OOC-D&D 4e: Forgotten Realms] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

Kamaru

First Post
I think I'm going with a Soveliss: Eladrin Tactical Warlord I was thinking Resourceful but no Martial Powers stuff.

Currently: For the most part he's broke and he needs money to make money or do anything really in this 'god forsaken' city. His thirst for more knowledge and experience in combat still drives him and would like to adventure but realizes he's still pretty green. Detailed background below.

[sblock]
Young Soveliss:
From an early age Soveliss had been intrigued by battle, not just fighting or brawling savagely but the nuances of military combat on large scales and small tactical skirmishes that shifted the sway of wars. He had study the books that his parents had let him have vast tomes that spoke of calculated tactics and maneuvers from field generals and compendiums of history books. The paths and endeavors of armies used to cut their roads across empires and kingdoms in times of war seemed to at times consume the boy. His aunt often said in that aspect his eyes lit up much like his mothers.

Soveliss had spent his youth with his foster parents, from as long as he could remember the echoing sound of a hammer on anvil and the gruff expression of the blacksmith was what he had always attached to his father although not related by blood. The blacksmith's wife, had spent her days listening to the villagers needs and giving them advice in various areas of knowledge while handing out several pitchers of ale to clear their minds and sometimes cloud them, her foster son would run between her and her husband helping and constantly curious his small brain craving whatever knowledge that could be attained.

Walking Your Own Path:
When in his 20s Soveliss learned of his mother and foster parents past and how a young brash fighter, and two elven sisters one a bard the other a warlord meet and had spent several years journeying across the lands finding adventure and fortune together with several other companions. The fighter, now blacksmith, and former bard, now bar owner and bar keep, were the last two still alive from their small band of adventurers. His foster mother was surprised to find out during an extended lapse from adventuring with the group to see her sister with child. Soveliss heard his mother had been somewhat of a Tom Boy by human standards and horrendously unladylike at times by Eladrin standards.

Big City, Bigger Problems:
Soveliss wondered why his parents were telling him this when his mother explained she could tell a similar case of wanderlust had came over him as well since her and her sister had experienced it some ages ago. With a raised eyebrow his often silent father spoke up, I've noticed you jumping at mending any adventures weapon that passing through and 'testing the weight" as you played adventurer with it. You mother and I have written a letter for you to take with you to someone that will help you a little more versed in strategic combat then either of us could teach you. Within a month Soveliss had finally made it to the city he was supposed to go to visit an old contact from his parents. What he didn't expect to see when he came to the man's house was an ashen covered lot. After some asking around he had found out the peaceful man and his family had been killed their house razed. With little money left the young Eladrin wondered if he even had enough for the night as he found himself falling forward and everything blacking out as he stumbled crashing to the ground. When he came to he found his meager possessions gone as he walked the streets officially a vagabond of sorts in his mind since he felt out of luck and sorts as well. Three weeks have passed and he has found a job that pays enough for him to eat and find a place to sleep at night with pocket money to spare. He's heard word of a group called The Blazing Sword which he's like to join if he could once he’s raised the money for the dues; he's gotten tired of sneaking around in the dead of night to practice sword maneuvers.
[/sblock]

Comments? Any changes that I need (like no eladrin since it's kinda magical the feystep and all) or if the background needs more or less let me know.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
How about if I'm the person you were guarding? We can combine the failed protector with the damaged and lost invoker, giving each other meaning again . . . though that may be down the road.

That could work. The sort of really morally ambiguous stuff I might have done while you recovered, but you would still act as a focus for what I know I should be doing. oh yeah, I just gotta read enough on Avengers to make good choices.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
That could work. The sort of really morally ambiguous stuff I might have done while you recovered, but you would still act as a focus for what I know I should be doing. oh yeah, I just gotta read enough on Avengers to make good choices.

We could also start out separated in the city and find each other in the story, that might link the two of us well without us starting out with each other.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Okay, I'm thinking about playing this like I'm shamed by my failure and actually left you for dead. I will not be actively trying to get you to remember, but you might start to remember me.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
That should work well, and I'm flexible if you come up with any ideas. :) Do you want me to shift to Deva as well? . . . that might make things more interesting. We should also come up with why I was coming to this city in the first place, and why I needed protected.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases