[OOC-D&D 4e: Forgotten Realms] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Voda Vosa, just to make sure you saw it, I edited my above post quite a bit, as I tend to do. =)

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
There's the Duchy of Velen in the Velen peninsula, and there's the big Tethin forest, and the feyrealm of Wealdath.
There's this particular city you may use, that suits perfectly in your background
Mosstone
Wilderness Trade Town; Population 3,000
Mosstone stands under the boughs of the great trees
of the Wealdath, much like any walled trade town
along the Trade Way. Caravanmasters coming from
the north welcome the sight of the Wealdath as a sign
of relief from the tolls of Muranndin. They view the
sun-dappled gates of Mosstone as the first real shelter
along the road after the trials of that
monster-infested land.
Most people here make their
living working in services that cater
to merchant traffic. They all place
great importance on living in accord
with the surrounding forest and
the elves of the Wealdath. This is
because druids maintain a powerful
circle here, ruled by the Archdruid
of Mosstone, whose grove surrounds
the Great Oak of Mosstone. The
town is ruled by consensus, and the
townsfolk watch out for the needs
of their fellows with a generosity
unheard of in most lands.
CHA P T ER 6 | Fa e rûn and B e yond
Mosstone is a gateway to the Wealdath, the Starspire
Mountains, and, for the brave, Muranndin.
Many foresters and adventurers are based here. As
such, Mosstone enjoys the protection of many professional
warriors and mages, in addition to the druids
and allied elves.
Mosstone is part of the Tethyr feud, ruled by Queen Zaranda. This kingdom, neighbour of Amn, has many dukes and conds.

Haedril

First Post
[sblock=Drake]
[sblock=The Stat Block]
Name: Julian Drake
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Bard/1
HP: 28/28
Surge Value: 7
Surges: 10/ day
Speed:6
Init: +1
STR: 10
CON: 16
DEX: 13
INT: 14
WIS: 12
CHA: 16
AC: 14
Fort: 13
Reflex: 14
Will: 14
Passive Perception: 14
Passive Insight: 16
[/sblock]
[sblock=Skills and Feats]
Trained in Arcana, Diplomacy, History, Nature, and Religion
(Between The Bard class bonus and Jack of All Trades, I also have a +3 to all untrained skills)
Feat: Jack of All Trades
Bonus Feat: Ritual Caster
Languages: Common, Elven and Dragonic
[/sblock]
[sblock=Rituals]
Traveler's Chant
Make Whole
[/sblock]
[sblock=Powers]
At-Will
War Song Strike
Vicious Mockery

Encounter
Majestic Word (usable twice)
Words of Friendship
Shout of Triumph
Thunderwave (for Dilettante racial ability, taken from Wizard)

Daily
Slayer's Song
[/sblock]
[sblock=Gear]
Ritual Book, Bedroll, Backpack, Belt Pouch, Flint and Steel, Holy Symbol of Sune, Waterskin, Leather Armour, Longsword, Dagger, Crossbow, 20 Bolts, Flute, Lute

Total Weight: 57
GP: 0
[/sblock]
[sblock=Discription]
Ht: 6'0"
Wt: 185 lbs
Eyes: Violet
Hair: Straight Black, just above shoulder length
Other things: clothes are simple, with the only things of interest on him being the lute across his backand a braided twine rope around his neck that has a symbol of Sune hanging from it (which is kept under his shirt)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Background]
Julian was born and raised a vagabond. His parents traveled as part of a group of entertainers and gypsies, so traveling was when he felt most at home. He grew up learning to dance and sing, and when he wasn't practicing with his mother's flute, he'd be playing his father's lute. He spent much of his life having his only chores to be to enjoy life and maybe cook now and then. Julian never even touched a sword until about four years ago when bandits tried to raid the camp. Much of the camp took up arms and magic against the bandits and only laughed when the fools turned tail about as fast as they had came. But Julian was on the ground in fear, and it took a moment for his parents to realize they never taught him to fight. But that soon changed, and Drake quickly took to the swordplay and magic, though he still rathered his music instead. More than three years past before was given a 'quest' by his parents. They asked that he leave and travel the world on his own, that he may make a name for himself and gain experiences he'd never chance upon should he stay. Drake soon left his whole world at the next fork in the road, his family heading West as he turned East, toward Amn. So now, still at home but so far from his old life, Drake has set out to become a legend or die trying.....
[/sblock]
[/sblock]
Also thank you Charwoman and Keia for the perform clarification, I'll just use my backstory to note just what I'm adept at using

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
just as a note Voda.. I added my background in an edit to my earlier post with my character in it as well as a full character writeup... last thing I need to do is power descriptions so you don't have to search the books for what my powers do ;-)

Kamaru

First Post
If it's not broke don't fix it. I don't mind giving credit to you WD, although I'm debating on some of my powers like commander's strike since I think the group looks mostly ranged. :hmm:

Walking Dad

First Post
If it's not broke don't fix it. I don't mind giving credit to you WD, although I'm debating on some of my powers like commander's strike since I think the group looks mostly ranged. :hmm:

About ranged, it looks like you are right.

Seapainter: Dwarf Shaman
WD: Elf Druid
Charwoman Gene: Daeva Avenger
Keia: Elf Invoker
Kamaru: Eladrin Warlord
Rathan: Elf Ranger (Ranged)
Haedril: Half-Elf Bard
Yttermayn: Human (?) Warlock
FreeXenon: Eladrin Sorcerer (Melee?)

Did I miss something?

No defender
3 leader
2 controller
4 striker

Melee:
Avenger (most at-wills are melee)
Warlord

Ranged:
Warlock
Ranger (str to low, but powers work mostly in melee, too)
Sorcerer (but with melee potential)

Hybrid:
Shaman, with having the spirit in melee
Druid, animal form melee
Bard, but nearly melee!

----

No meatshield :(

Any ideas for party tactics?

BTW: I just saw the change to 22 pts. great :)

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
I am thinking the Controllers are going to be key to our survival. They will need to control the battle field to limit the attackers so the strikers can cut down the mooks that think that they have a chance. I think the plethora of Leaders shall be able to keep us up an running so that the lack of a Defender will not be too bad.

I have melee potential only to cover my Arcane ways. Once we are out of the city (or am a member of the Cowled Wizards) I will be all ranged.

I have put forth the option of the Dragonborn Great Weapon Battle Vigor Halberd Fighter of Doooom!!! if the DM thinks the Sorcerer might not be a good idea.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases