[OOC-D&D 4e: Forgotten Realms] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

Walking Dad

First Post
Added Taran to the RG.

@FreeXenon: No problem with eladrin. Playing one in Living 4th Edition. Just liked to take a name that would sound more typical.

Oh, and my role is more controller (defender). I got not so high damage, but my melee abilities are limited by striker HP and AC 16.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Good to hear, otherwise I may have had to change my race! :p :)

OK, I updated my previous post with your info.

Thanks!

Walking Dad

First Post
@Rathan: I looked over the role/AC compilation FreeXenon made. It is surely a background thing, but I think you would mechanically much more enjoy a chain armor. +3 AC for a -1 to speed.
Maybe first investment after the first encounter :)

Kamaru

First Post
Added Sov. Also compiled wishlist for weapons/armor and background additions for each (quick memory flashbacks to his past as to why he'll hold it to be important). Son (foster) of a blacksmith says: Chainmail good. Hide... I don't wanna make it. :yawn:

Rathan

First Post
Walking Dad said:
@Rathan: I looked over the role/AC compilation FreeXenon made. It is surely a background thing, but I think you would mechanically much more enjoy a chain armor. +3 AC for a -1 to speed.
Maybe first investment after the first encounter

I could have gone with chain mail... but I went with what the character would have had available to him at the time he left his village and was sent off to 'the big city'.... it was more of a story thing as you said.... rather than a mechanics thing really... we shall see really...as I DID say in his background he was more sophisticated than most of his race heh.... or was taught to be at least heh....

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
@Kamaru perhaps we can intertwine our histories a little towards the ends of our histories. We are both Eladrin at odds in the big city. I need some protection you may have needed some help getting established in the big city. Since I have Streetwise and Bluff I could have easily helped you get a job to get going. I definitely need someone to look after me and direct me in combat while I am really unable to use my spells here, or face utter annihilation. Two Eladrin working together with our swords and Fey Step could be quite useful...

What do ya think?

I was thinking something like the following as a continuation of my background to include you:

Shortly after that he found work in the local docks for a Merchant with long hours and just enough pay, but he could still feel the eyes watching him, and on occasion he would see a something shift back into the shadows in the corner of his eyes.

His luck changed after that and things seemed to go his way. He encountered a down-on-his-luck Eladrin, Soveliss, who was in desperate need of work to relieve himself of his involuntary destitution. They talked the night and in the morning he brought Soveliss to the docks and they began to work together using their mutual skills to keep everyone in line and working smoothly.

The merchant found their fey step and ability to work a lot quite useful, plus they were able to help them get a few more clients as well as diffuse 'situations' with the workers on occasion.

They started early in the morning until the late afternoon which left them with their evenings free to search for Emerald Cabal contacts or to find odd jobs to raise more money to pay for the entrance fee into the Blazing Swords. Having to only rest for 4 hours a day has its advantages.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases