[OOC-D&D 4e: Forgotten Realms] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

Tiali

First Post
Hey thanks for the update on my post.

I would love to join if you have an opening.

(Currently at work) I will post a character concept later tonight or early tomorrow. Would love to pick up a ranger (not sure on race etc), but as I stated in my earlier posts, I can and will gladly play anything. If you need something to fill a party gap lemme know. Ill check the thread again tonight b4 I start on character creation, If I don't see anything, ill most likely pick up ranger (unless something else catches my eye b4 then).

Please be aware, I am kinda a rules Noob for 4.0, but I pick up on new concepts fast

Also, any chance I can get an update on rules and what I should post since the game has already begun? The information on your first post labels starting info. Should I just use this information, or have the characters significantly surpassed these beginning stats.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Get a character up and we'll get to your Storyline introduction later. Be sure to have a background fitting the adventures, as the first post describes. Other than that, the sources are the enumerated there, and I'll be waiting to see your character. In the mid time, I'll update the IC thread shortly.

Tiali

First Post
No-Name Stonehand, "Slim" (Nickname)

[sblock=]
Race - Dwarf (Male)
Class - Shaman (lvl 1, xp 0)
Alignment - Good
Diety - Worships all the spirits of nature, but will pray to and honor any god or goddess that loves nature.

Scores
Str 11 (0)
Dex 12 (1)
Con 16 (3) +2 racial bonus
Int 13 (1)
Wis 17 (3) +2 racial bonus
Cha 8 (-1)

Max HP 28, Bloodied 14
Healing surges 12 per day, heal 7 hp (10 when im near spirit companion) (10 for class, 2 for Durable feat)
Initiative = 1 (Dex)
Speed = 5 squares
Ac 13 = 10 base, 1 Int, 2 armor
Fort 13 = 10 base, 3 con
Ref 11 = 10 base, 1 int
Will 13 = 10 base, 3 wis

Senses - Low Light, Insight 13, Perception 18

Skills
Nature 8
Heal 8
Perception 8
Endurance 10 (+2 dwarf)
Dungeoneering 5 (+2 dwarf)

Languages
Common, Dwarven

Race Features
1. +5 to poison checks
2. can use second wind as minor action
3. Proficient with warhammer and thrown hammer
4. not encumbered by heavy load
5. -1 square to any effect that would force my character to move (bull rush) Can also make saving throw to avoid being moved to prone.

Feats
Durable: +2 healing surges per day

Class Features
1. Call Spirit Companion (Black Bear) burst 20 (Spirit can be dismissed if it takes 10 or more dmg in a 'single' swing, cannot be killed by two or more swings adding to 10+.) I take 5 damage if it is forcefully dismissed.
2. Healing Spirit: +1d6 to healing surge, usable on others
3. Speak with Spirits: Wisdom Bonus added to next check
4. Spirit Shield: If an enemy leaves a square next to Spirit, that enemy takes my Wis modifier in damage + 1 ally adjacent to Spirit gains my Wis mod in hp + my con mod for protector spirit ability - see below. (6 hp heal)
5. Protecting Spirit - Any ally adjacent to spirit is granted a +3 healing bonus to their second wind, or a +3 to healing for any of my abilities used on them. (My con mod is bonus: 3)

Powers
At Will: Protecting Strike: 1d8 + wis mod to target creature, all allies adjacent to Spirit get temporary hp (temp hp is my con mod, 3)
At Will: Watcher's Strike: 1d8 + Wis mod to target creature, allies adjacent to Spirit get +1 attack bonus and +5 perception until end of my next turn.
Encounter: Call to the Ancestral Warrior: 1d10 + wis mod to target creature, allies adjacent to Spirit, gain +2 to all defenses (AC, fort ref will) until end of my next turn.
Daily: Spirit of the Healing Flood: Burst 5: 1d8 + wis mod to all enemies within burst, until end of encounter each ally within burst gets regen 2 as long as they are bloodied. As minor action, ally can halt the regen to gain an instant 10 hp.

Items
Warhammer +3 attack, d10 + 0 (15gp)
Throwing hammer +4 attack, d6 + 0 (5gp x2)
Longspear +3 attack d10 + 0 (10gp)
Dagger +4 attack d4 + 0 (1gp)

Leather armor 2 ac (25g)
Standard adventurer's Kit (15g)
5 Common Meals (1g)
Totem (black bear) (5g)
82g spent, 18 remaining[/sblock]

Storyline:
[sblock=]
In the Stonehand Clan, every dwarf must earn his name and inheritance. For a young dwarf of the Stonehand Clan, this meant climbing the mountain to pray to Moradin for one full Lunar Cycle. After a month of steadfast prayer, the dwarf would climb down the mountain with the Blessing of Moradin, he would then leave the clan for a period of five years to find his place in the world. Upon return the dwarf would relate all of his adventures to the elders and earn his name upon merit of his actions.

This dwarf was the second son of the Stonehand Clan shaman. His elder brother left on his adventure three years before to earn his inheritance and name.

After the end of his Lunar Prayers, noone came to get him. He remained on the mountain top for three days past his normal time period, before he began to climb down.

Once he returned to the city, he found it completely demolished. Families dead in their homes, buildings destroyed, and friends lying in the streets. By the look of things, Giants had raided the small dwarven conclave during the night, and the dwarves were caught unprepared.'

He spent a full two weeks alone, burying each body that he could find, before the Autumn Merchant Caravan rolled in. The Merchants assissted in burying the remaining Stonehand Clanmembers. All members of the Stonehand Clan were buried with honor by this young dwarf and a handful of traveling merchants.

The merchants began calling this young dwarf Slim, due to his malnourished state and lack of proper name. Slim took a few things with him when he left, his fathers weapons, his traveling gear, and five days worth of rations.

With the blessing of Moradin hanging around his neck; a totem made of bone, in the shape of a burly black bear standing on a rock, Slim left with the merchants. He would continue the tradition left by his fathers, and he would make them proud.

Slim decided to leave the caravan in Amn and travel to Athkalta. He had heard that anything could be bought in Athkalta, and he intended to buy a courier. A courier that would send a message to his brother who travelled abroad.

Little did he know that this city of chaos would offer him more trouble than this short message was worth...[/sblock]

Please let me know if im missing anything. Thanks
Have somewhat of a backround ready

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
It's done like this without the spaces....

[ sblock = Text Here ] there is where you would put your information and end it with this. [ / sblock ]

again... where the sblocks are... it's all one typing.. no spaces... and it will create an sblock.... :D hope that helps :)

Remove ads