[OOC-D&D 4e: Forgotten Realms] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

Voda Vosa

First Post
Well, updated the rules: No FR classes nor spellscars, as I don't want to mess my head with more rules. Sorry there.
You're right WD I mistype. The point buy are 20
Keep in mind that the party must be balanced somehow, and given the fact that there were many applicants I'll choose according to background details and party balance.
I'm taking up to 8 players.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I like the submisions so far.
WD and Seapainter, I highly encourage your idea of the linked backgrounds.
Charwoman, your concept is great, keep on with that avenger.
Keia, any of your choices are fine, you could link an invoker with Charwoman's avenger, or a ranger with WD and Seapainter's pcs, OR you can go alone, or try to work something with Sir Osis, who seems to be going pointy ears as well.

Sir Osis, feel free to switch your class if you like, I'm sorry about the swordmage :p

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I'm imagining that he came here on a mission to prove himself to the Church of Torm, to protect someone. The person he was guarding had enemies and he was killed and I, having failed my mission, have no where to go. This is causing my aimlessness. At this point, any job will do.

Charwoman Gene,

How about if I'm the person you were guarding? We can combine the failed protector with the damaged and lost invoker, giving each other meaning again . . . though that may be down the road.

Kamaru

First Post
I'm thinking of joining up, fairly new to 4th ed but have played 2nd through 3.5 and various other rpg systems (old Star Wars system, Werewolf, Vampires, Shadowrun, Angels/Demons) so I'm still reading up on the classes and forgotten realms flavor text on the area to see what sparks my interest and would gel with the setting, leaning towards warlord so far since it seems interesting, race still underdetermined. Any suggestions for what the party might need that hasn't been covered or any comments on playing a warlord?

Voda Vosa

First Post
A warlord would be a good addition, mechanic wise. You can work with the other interested players to find a common background or feedback on your ideas about powers and feats.

Rathan

First Post
sounds like a really cool campaign with good characters so far but I've spread myself a little thin as it is with PbP's... if you don't meet your 8 Voda... I'll hop in... maybe a distance ranger.. or another warlord (or cleric if that's not considered spell-casting) can never hurt to have another healer in the party.....

Elven Ranger Hook: Kornic was commissioned to survey the area around the capitol to find a an old hermit wanted for stealing from the Dukes royal food stores... what he doesn't know is the hermit is the former duke himself now disgraced and stripped of his title and heritage for some reason I'm sure you know about and I don't (*winks*). Kornic goes after and finds the 'hermit' and attempts to turn him in yet when trying to do so by force comes to the realization that this 'hermit' has some skill and wakes up tush up within the city gates somehow dazed and confused as to what just happened to him.

Human Warlord Hook: Harris is sent on his first mission as a member of the city guard. He's given his city crest, shield, armor, and weapon and within 6 hours he's beaten to a near bloody pulp as he runs his mouth to some shadow thieves in an allyway. He returns with no helm and no shield and is laughed out of city guard and is now stuck in the capitol with no job and no help.

Human Cleric Hook: Orden is given the 'great' honor of being sent to the capitol to train under the high priest there. What they didn't tell him is that the capitol is not very well known for respecting those of the faith and really that making fun of them or accosting them is a pastime for most of the regulars of the city. His first week is utter hell and the clergy can tell this is eating at the young graduate of the faith and order him into the city yo go earn himself the respect of the people, just trying not to get himself killed with be a holy miracle for him.

Last edited:

Haedril

First Post
I'd like to join in as well, but I'm not extremely familiar with Forgotten Realms (will be getting the book soon though). I'd still like to get a character going if that's alright though.

I'm thinking a half-elf valorous bard current backstory going something like....

Luther had always been taken by wanderlust and adventure, and the rogue that sold him the map to the old caves beneath the city must have saw that in him. It wasn't until after casting off his last coin that the man gave him the map, and when Luther had followed it, he only met with four rather burly men looking to take what wasn't sold away. Luther's ballad would've ended there were it not that this group of thugs wasn't part of the Shadow Thieves and a pair of guild members just happened to find them at the same time as Luther. Thanking the gods and kissing the holy symbol he kept around his neck, Luther bolted out of the alleyways and into the main street. Now copperless and new in town, Luther'll be lucky to get a room at the inn without needing to play till his fingers bleed, but maybe there's a better way to make a few gold....

Name isn't concrete yet, it's just the first that came to mind (too much LoL2).
I also don't know what skill "perform" got sucked into, would it be diplomacy?

Walking Dad

First Post
Elf Druid sheet (work in progress, changing another sheet ;))

Taran Xiloscient

[sblock=Stats]
Taran Xiloscient Player: WD
Elf Druid (Primal Predator) XP 0 Level 1
Initiative +3 Senses Low-light Vision
Passive Insight 14; Passive Perception 21
HP 31; Bloodied 15; Surge Value 7; Surges Per-Day 9
AC 16; Fortitude 12; Reflex 14; Will 15
Saving Throw Bonus: -
Resist: -
Speed 8
Alignment Unaligned
Languages Common

Str 10 Dex 16 Wis 18
Con 14 Int 11 Cha 10

Basic Attack:
Staff: +2 ; 1d8
Longbow: +5 ; 1d10+3

Racial Abilities
Elven Weapon Proficiency: You gain proficiency with the longbow and the shortbow.
Fey Origin: Your ancestors were native to the Feywild, so you are considered a fey creature for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin.
Group Awareness: You grant non-elf allies within 5 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Perception checks.
Wild Step: You ignore difficult terrain when you shift (even if you have a power that allows you to shift multiple squares).
Elven Accuracy: You can use elven accuracy as an encounter power.

Class Features
Balance of Nature: Begins with three at-will attack powers. Throughout your career, at least one of those powers, and no more than two, must have the beast form keyword.
Primal Aspect (Primal Predator): While you are not wearing heavy armor, you gain +1 bonus to your speed.
Ritual Casting:You gain the Ritual Caster feat as a bonus feat, allowing you to use magical rituals. You own a ritual book, and it contains two rituals of your choice that you have mastered: Animal Messenger (Player’s Handbook,
page 300) and another 1st-level ritual. Once per day, you can use Animal Messenger without expending components.
Wild shape: You have an at-will power, wild shape, that allows you to assume the form of a beast, and many druid powers have the beast form keyword and therefore can be used only while you are in beast form.
The wild shape power lets you assume a form of your size that resembles a natural or a fey beast, usually a four-legged mammalian predator such as a bear, a boar, a panther, a wolf, or a wolverine.

At-Will Powers
Wild Shape
Chill Wind
Savage Rend
Storm Spike

Encounter Powers
Elven Accuracy
Darting Bite

Daily Powers
Faerie Fire

Utility Power
-

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Brew Potion

Feats
Ritual Caster
Toughness

Skills
Arcana* +5
Diplomacy* +5
Nature* +11
Perception* +11

Equipment

Staff (5 gp), Hide (30 gp), Standard adventurers pack (15), Longbow (30 gp), Arrows (30) (1 gp) clothes, 19 gp

[/sblock]

[sblock=Picture]
WarCraft_Samwise001b.jpg
WarCraft_Samwise001b.jpg

[/sblock]

Background:
Taran was raised in a small wild elf village ruled by a druid elder council named the Grove of the Mountain Fold. His mother was a druid, too, and so he started early to train for the ‘family buisness’.
His otherwise not so spectacular youth was enriched by his shifter foster brother Twiixt. As the others of the tribe found the shifter a ‘little’ bit predatory, for him, he was just his brother, and he loved him.
He spared his joy with him, when he first was able to take beastform: the form of a midnightblue hunting cat. So, the family included two predators.

One day Taran and his foster brother were sent off with a cutting from the mysterious seedling they found patrolling the forest. Neither they, or the elders of the grove, were able to identify the plant... which seemed to exude a strange power. He and his "brother" Twiixt were sent off with a cutting from the strange sapling, in order to meet with druids from a grove outside Athkalta. It was hoped that they could assist in identifying the sprout, to determine if it was a blessing on the grove... or a curse.

When they arrived in the Athkalta they were promptly captured & jailed under suspicion of practicing arcane magic. Although they were later released, the cutting was not returned to them with the rest of their possessions...

Last edited:

Remove ads