[OOC-D&D 4e: Forgotten Realms] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

Voda Vosa

First Post
BTW: I just saw the change to 22 pts. great :)

Yes, I thought that monsters should be using their super powerful powers, so you'll have to have something to fight them back.

Let’s summaraize things a bit, shall we?

Walking Dad
Needs Background, the rest is done.

FreeXenon
All done! I like the ruffians hooks. We’ll take the Emerald Cabal one, though Immarael don’t have to know ;)

Kamaru
All done!

Seapainter
All done! Although I noticed you lack one at will power.

Haedril
Waiting for the Fluffing!

Yttermayn
All done!

Charrwoman gene
Still sheet and complete background pending.

Keia
Still needs background. About this “Do we have regional forgotten realms feats? Should we pick where we are from?” Only if you want to.

Ratham
All done. Just a minor correction to the background. Since Amn is the entire country, I think you wanted to say Athklata instead. Also, there are no Dukes in Amn, but there are plenty in Tethyr, perhaps you could change that bit of your background ti fit that. There was some names in the PM I sent you, I think

Rathan

First Post
I honestly don't mind whipping up a cleric for you all... Voda didn't seem to object when I asked if it was considered a spellcasting class... it does seem we could really use one.. and if I go that route we have one less striker.... which in seems we have PLENTY of as is heh...

gimmie a consensus guys and gals please?

Kamaru

First Post
About ranged, it looks like you are right.

No defender
3 leader
2 controller
4 striker

No meatshield :(

Any ideas for party tactics?

Yes no meatshield but with only 2 controllers the rest of the party still has majority and we have enough intelligence and wisdom/logic/common sense to manage I think. 'Tactics' IS the key word I think, it'll be situational combat (no charging and waylaying a smackdown through several monsters from a tank) and a bit of guerilla warfare or possibly avoidance of head on combat in favor of a tactical strike (hit and run), diversons (distraction and stealth), tactical maneuvers (combination of tac strike/diversions) or envriomental/situational advantages when we can scrape them together on the fly.

For the most part I think we'll be a bit comical at first since we don't realy know each other (most of us) and we'll have to get the kinks out of our battle plans... No arrows/spells in my back please -_- Wait for the sidestep. Don't laugh it's happened before and it's why no one likes to be the only one up front, that and being bait as the rest of the group uses the tactical retreat at-will power.

Rathan

First Post
[sblock=Grendel Holylight]
]Grendel Holylight
Male Shifter Cleric of Melora
Level 1
Representing Rathan

Strength 16 (+3) [+2 Racial] [5 pts.]
Constitution 12 (+1) [2 pts.]
Dexterity 10 (+0) [0 pts.]
Intelligence 12 (+1) [4 pts.]
Wisdom 18 (+4) [+2 Racial] [9 pts.]
Charisma 12 (+1) [2 pts.]

Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 150 lb
Skin: Tan
Eyes: Black
Hair: Brown; Straight; Gotee

Maximum Hit Points: 24

Bloodied: 12
Surge Value: 6
Surges / Day: 8 [includes constitution modifier]

Size: Medium
Speed: 5 squares [-1 Armor]
Vision: Low-light

Initiative: 1d20 +0
Base Strength Attack: 1d20 +3 = + 3 [strength]
Base Dexterity Attack: 1d20 +0 = + 0 [dexterity]
Base Constitution Attack: 1d20 +1 = + 1 [constitution]
Base Intelligence Attack: 1d20 +1 = + 1 [intelligence]
Base Wisdom Attack: 1d20 +4 = + 4 [wisdom]
Base Charisma Attack: 1d20 +1 = + 1 [charisma]

Armor Class: 16 = 10 + 6 [Chain]
Fortitude Defense: 11 = 10 + 1 [constitution]
Reflex Defense: 10 = 10
Will Defense: 16 = 10 +2 [Cleric] + 4 [wisdom]

Armor: Chain (40 lb)

Shield: None

Attacks:

Unarmed Melee: +3 [base strength attack] vs AC; damage 1[W]=1d4+3 [strength]
Great Club: +6 = +3 [base strength] +2 [Prof.] +1 [Feat] vs AC; damage 1[W]= 2d4+3 [strength]
Javelin x2: +2 [Prof.] vs AC; damage 1[W] 1d6 Range 10/20

Base Saving Throw: d20 vs 10

Languages: Common, Elven

Skills:

Acrobatics: -1 = +0 [dexterity] -1 [armor]
Arcana: +1 = +1 [intelligence]
Athletics: +5 = +3 [strength] +2 [Racial]
Bluff: +1 = +1 [charisma]
Diplomacy: +6 = +1 [charisma] +5 [Trained]
Dungeoneering: +4 = +4 [wisdom]
Endurance: +3 = +1 [constitution] +2 [Racial]
Heal: +9 = +4 [wisdom] + 5 [class training]
History: +1 = +1 [intelligence]
Insight: +9 = +4 [wisdom] +5 {Trained]
Intimidate: +1 = +1 [charisma]
Nature: +4 = +4 [wisdom]
Perception: +4 = +4 [wisdom]
Religion: +6 = +1 [intelligence] +5 [Trained]
Stealth: +0
Streetwise: +1 = +1 [charisma]
Thievery: +0

Feats:

Weapon Expertise (Mace)
Benefit: Choose a weapon group. You gain a +1
bonus to attack rolls with any weapon power you use
with a weapon from that group. The bonus increases
to +2 at 15th level and +3 at 25th level.

At-Will:

Priest’s Shield (Divine, Weapon)
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: +6 [+3 str +2 Prof with weapon +1 weapon feat] vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + 4 modifier damage, and you and one
adjacent ally gain a +1 power bonus to AC until the end of
your next turn.

Righteous Brand (Divine, Weapon)
Attack: +6 [+3 str +2 Prof with weapon +1 weapon feat] vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + 4 modifier damage, and one ally within
5 squares of you gains a power bonus to melee attack rolls
against the target equal to your Strength modifier until the
end of your next turn.

Encounter Powers:

Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune (Divine)
Free Action Personal
Effect: You gain a +1 bonus to your next attack roll or saving
throw before the end of your next turn.

Channel Divinity: Turn Undead (Divine, Implement, Radiant)
Standard Action Close burst 2
Target: Each undead creature in burst
Attack: +4 vs. Will
Hit: 1d10 + 4 modifier radiant damage, and you
push the target a number of squares equal to 3 + your
Charisma modifier. The target is immobilized until the end
of your next turn.
Miss: Half damage, and the target is not pushed or
immobilized.

Healing Word (Special - Divine, Healing)
Minor Action Close burst 5
Special: You can use this power twice per encounter, but only
once per round. At 16th level, you can use this power three
times per encounter.
Target: You or one ally
Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain an
additional 1d6 hit points.

Healing Strike (Divine, Healing, Radiant, Weapon)
Attack: +6 [+3 str +2 Prof with weapon] +1 [weapon feat] vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + 4 modifier radiant damage, and the
target is marked until the end of your next turn. In
addition, you or one ally within 5 squares of you can
spend a healing surge.

Daily Powers:

Beacon of Hope (Divine, Healing, Implement)
Standard Action Close burst 3
Target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: +4 vs. Will
Hit: The target is weakened until the end of its next turn.
Effect: You and all your allies in the burst regain 5 hit points,
and your healing powers restore +5 hit points until the end
of the encounter.

Class/Race Features

Shifter RACIAL TRAITS
Average Height: 5´ 7˝–6´ 0˝
Average Weight: 130–180 lb.
Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Low-light

LONGTOOTH SHIFTERS
Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom
Skill Bonuses: +2 Athletics, +2 Endurance
Longtooth Shifting: You have the longtooth shifting
power.

Cleric

Class Features: Channel Divinity, Healer’s Lore, Healing
Word, Ritual Casting
Armor Proficiencies: Cloth, leather, hide, chainmail
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple melee, simple ranged
Implement: Holy symbol
Bonus to Defense: +2 Will
Hit Points at 1st Level: 12 + Constitution score
Hit Points per Level Gained: 5
Healing Surges per Day: 7 + Constitution modifier

Kornic's Equipment:

Weapons /Armor (from above) 50 lb
Backpack 6 lb
Bedroll 2 lb
Blanket, winter x1 2 lb
Caltrops 2 lb
Case (for map or scroll) 1 lb
Crowbar 4 lb
Fishing net 2 lb
Flint and steel 1 lb
Grappling hook 3 lb
Hammer 3 lb
Journeybread x10 3 lbs
Pitons x10 2 lb
Pouch (belt) x4 2 lb
Rope (50', hempen) x1 10 lb
Sunrods x2 1 lb
Waterskins x2 2 lb
Whetstone 1 lb
Healer kit 3 lb
Holy Symbol of Melora 1 lb
Total 95 lb[/sblock]

[sblock=More about Grendel Holylight:]
Grendel Holylight's eyes shifted back and forth as his mind reeled at the sight of the wondrous capital city of Athklata. Normally a shifter avoided the the likes of large gatherings of 'sophisticated' beings, yet this shifter had skills not many of his race possessed. Grendel from a young age was taught by an outsider to his village a human by the name of Redgar Hornsbee, a traveling merchant and rogue scollar. Redgar was allowed to travel with the shifter tribe as he provided much needed communication with outsiders and was very kind to Genrdels people. The shifter tribe were a well known nomad type tribe of shifters that traveled the lands around Amn most notably in the Wealdath forest and the small ridge line that lie to the south of it, the Starspire Mountains.

Grendel himself was an oddity in his tribe and this was apparent in many ways, most notably however was his connection to a deity for which most of Grendels childhood remained unknown. Most in his tribe did not understand his powers or his gift and Grendel spent many hours of his childhood before council as elders of the tribe fought over weather he should be worshiped for his connections to a deity, or outcast as a 'oddity' which may spell the doom of his tribe if anyone of higher power came looking for him. It was not until Redgar was accepted by his tribe did Grendel learn who his goddess truly was of how rare of a connection he really had to her.

As most know shifters are very animalistic in nature and most do not have the compassity to understand ones connection with a higher power, there days are spent protecting the tribe, hunting, and whatever else need be done for the greater of the group. Once Redgar realized what connection Grendel had with his deity he began to learn him the arts of a priesthood. Gerndel learned to strike with the force of radiant power unmatched and unseen in his tribe before, but beyond this he learned from Redgar clarity of mind and diplomacy above and beyond just his tribes policy. Soon Grendels animalistic nature faded to quirks and old habits that die hard for one so attuned to nature, he became, with Redgars help, refined and ready to show his gift to the world outside his tribe.

The was pressing need for a leader to step up and speak for his tribe as well, the forests and mountain ridges were becoming scared of large herds of game to hunt, skin, and pillage much needed resources from and the shifters needed someone, they needed Grendel to be their voice in the large capital city of Athklata. There Grendel would be assigned to barter with the city for much needed gear and supplies for migration and the betterment of his tribe. Grendel was also to ask for permission to move to the North of Amn, or at least some of his tribe wanted passage there to see if game and supplies were more bountiful there and possibly open trade with other shifter tribes if available. Grendel was the 'sheep sent to the wolves' as most of his elders would say as he set forth for Athklata on his tasks at hand. Once in the city however Grendel found him under geared as he was accosted many times as an easy target from outside the city walls. It wasn't long before the animalistic priest took up city-folk protection in the form of better armor and weapons to protect himself in his ventures to come.[/sblock]

Last edited:

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Code:
[COLOR=DarkOrange][b]Immarael of the Autumn Sun[/b][/color]
[i]Medium Mortal Fey
Male Eladrin Sorcerer (Wild Magic) (22 pts) [Arcane Striker][/i]

[b]Alignment:[/b]  Good		[b]Height:[/b]	5' 10"
[b]Deity:[/b]      Corellan     	[b]Weight:[/b]	140 lbs
[b]Region:[/b]     Evermeet		[b]Hair:[/b] 	Copper
[b]Languages:[/b]  Common, Elven	[b]Eyes:[/b] 	Opalescent White
[b]XP:[/b] 	0			[b]Skin:[/b] 	Tanned 
				[b]Age:[/b] 	25

[b]Carrying Capacity[/b]
[b]Str[/b] 10 (0)  			[b]Light[/b] 0   - 58 lbs
[b]Con[/b] 14 (+2) 			[b]Heavy[/b] 117 - 175 lbs
[b]Dex[/b] 14 (+2)  
[b]Int[/b] 12 (+1)
[b]Wis[/b] 11 (+0) 
[b]Chr[/b] 17 (+3) 

[COLOR=DarkOrange][b]Class and Racial Abilities:[/b][/color]

[Racial] [b]Lowlight Vision 60'[/b], [b]Fey Step [(Racial Encounter Power)[/b]
[Racial] [b]Proficiency with Longsword[/b], [b]Skill Bonuses[/b]
[Racial] [b]Fey Trance[/b], [b]Eladrin Education[/b], [b]Eladrin Will[/b] 

[COLOR=DarkOrange][b]Combat Stats[/b][/color]
[b]HP:[/b]  	2	[b]Bloodied:[/b] 13	[b]Surges:[/b] 8	[b]Surge:[/b] 6

[b]Init:[/b]  	+2 [+2 Dex]	
[b]Max AP:[/b]  1
[b]Speed:[/b]	 6

[COLOR="SandyBrown"][b]Defenses[/b][/COLOR]
[b]AC:[/b]	12  	= [+2 Dex] [+ 1/2 lvl]
[b]Fort[/b]	12     	= [+2 Con] [+ 1/2 lvl]
[b]Ref[/b]	12     	= [+2 Dex] [+ 1/2 lvl]
[b]Will[/b]    16 	= [+3 Chr] [+ 1/2 lvl] [+1 Sor] [+2 Eladrin]

[COLOR="sandybrown"][b]Attacks[/b][/COLOR]
[[COLOR="YellowGreen"]AW][/COLOR] [b]Melee Basic[/b]   	+6 Long Sword (d8+3)
[[COLOR="yellowgreen"]AW[/COLOR]] [b]Ranged Basic[/b]  	+4 Hand Crossbow (d6+2)

[[COLOR="yellowgreen"]AW[/COLOR]] [b]Brurning Spray[/b]	+3 (CBl 3, Cha vs Ref, d8+5 Fire)
[[COLOR="yellowgreen"]AW[/COLOR]] [b]Chaos Bolt[/b]  	+3 (R10, Chr vs Will, d10+5 Psychic, Secondary)

[[COLOR="Red"]En[/COLOR]] [b]Bedevling Bolt[/b] 	+3 (CBu 3, Chr vs Will, d10 +5 Psychic)
[[COLOR="Red"]En[/COLOR]] [b]Fey Step[/b] 		   (Teleport 5 squares)
[[COLOR="Red"]En[/COLOR]] [b]Second Wind[/b]    	   (Spend a Healing surge and +2 to all defenses )

[[COLOR="Gray"]Da[/COLOR]] [b]Dragonfang Bolt[/b] 	+3 (R10, Chr vs Fort, 2d8+5, ongoing 5 Poison)

[COLOR=DarkOrange][b]Skills:[/b][/color]
[b]Arcana[/b] 		8 = [+1 Int] [+5 Prof] [+2 Eladrin]
[b]Bluff[/b] 		8 = [+3 Chr] [+5 Prof]
[b]Endurance[/b] 	7 = [+2 Con] [+5 Prof]
[b]Nature[/b] 		5 = [+0 Wis] [+5 Prof]
[b]Streetwise[/b]	8 = [+3 Chr] [+5 Prof]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][b]Feats:[/b][/color]
[i]Armor (Cloth) 
Weapons (Simple Melee, Simple Ranged, Longsword)[/i]

[L1] [b]Melee Training(Charisma)[/b]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][b]Equipment[/b][/color]
  [b]Fine Clothes (Armor)[/b]    [6 lb, 30gp]
  [b]Long Sword [/b]    [+3, 1d8, 4 lb, 15 gp]
  [b]Hand Crossbow[/b]  [+2, 1d6, 10/20, 2 lb, 25 gp]
  [b]20 Quarrels[/b]    

[b]Adventurers Kit[/b] (33bs, 15 gp), 
    Backpack, bedroll, flint and steel, belt pouch, 2 sund rods, 
    10 days worth of rations, 50' help rope,
    waterskin

[COLOR=DarkOrange][b]Money and other Tender[/b][/color]
[b]gp[/b] 14
[b]sp[/b] 0

History and other Background Info
[sblock]Potential Allies:
  • Emerald Cabal (even though he may not know it)
  • PC's to be
  • His sister and family's contacts

Potential Enemies:
  • Cowled Wizards since Immarael is an unlicensed Arcane Caster
  • Perhaps his disaffected family members since he left without even saying good-bye
  • a rival noble family's influence is here and desires to take care of the prodigal son

Fears:
He is a little afraid of getting in over his head and losing perspective.
Political work is not his strength and hopes that his naivity and lack of experience with it does not get him in trouble or endanger the lives of others.

Appearance:

Personality:

Background and History:
Immarael found himself the child of a noble family in Evermeet and favored due to his sorcerous blood. All of these things he never really cared for and everyone made a big deal about it which made him a little bit uncomfortable by putting him in the spot light. "Much ado about nothing." he thought. "It is just me, Immarael".

He sought the solidtude of Evermeet's wilderness to delve deeper into the raw magic that burned and longed to be ignited in his blood. His younger sister understood him, and always managed to find him out there, and he always appreciated her company.

His family set him up with an esteemed position in the Autmn Court. He found their political play annoying and prone to beating around the bush and not getting things done. They seemed to be more concerned with saving face and propriety than solving the problem and making their peoples' lives better.

He tried to talk with the people and champion there causes, but he was just rebuffed, and pushed out the the way. After several attempts Immarael found himself annoyed and dissilusioned with all of the politics of the Autumn Court and their workings, so he just left the Court of Evermeet, and his his assigned and quiet court work that his family arranged for him. The only person he talked to before leaving was his sister, who begged him to stay to no avail. He then found the nearest portal to Toril to start his life anew and to make a difference.

He started his life anew in the Dalelands working with the local Daggerdale militias to defeat local threats to their community and found sword play rather necessary to protect himself from threats that got too close and spells ran out.

He also championed some of their peoples' causes as he could with some success. He did not have a knack for the politics, but was always able to find out who to talk to, and have the right people go talk to make stuff happen.

After hearing various tales of Amn's laws about the Arcane he joined merchants passing through which brought him to Amn. The thought of the ultimate cause to champion and work for brought a concerned smile to his face.

During the trip there saught as much info on those that were allowed - the Coweled Wizards and those who fought against their oppressive laws. Immediatly upon entereing the city he was rather decisively accosted by ruffians and told to leave. Taking exception to this he did fight back with his sword, killing several thugs in the process, but it turns out that they had more friends. What he assumed was a Cowled Wizard blasted the rest of the ruffians leaving him alone with the smell of buring flesh, and then disappeared into the crowd. Immarael was left alone after that, but 'the eyes' were watching him. He could feel it. He currently searches for a way to join the Emerald Cabal so he can assist in their cause to free up the Arcane arts in Amn.

Who are these people
I was hoping to leave most of this to you to play with, but here are some of my ideas:

• Ruffians - small group of roguish people looking to prove themselves to the Shadow Thieves
  • Ruffians - a local merchant from the caravan who found me potentially interesting or foolish, and decided to send his thugs after me to keep from getting myself killed here.
  • Ruffians/Wizard - one of the 'Merchants' was secretly a member of the cabal and wanted to keep me from entering, or to keep alive as a potential member
  • Ruffians and/or Wizard - independent members of my family's network that happened to get wind of my location and tried to dissuade me from entering Amn
  • Ruffians and/or Wizard - members of the Emerald Cabal/Cowled Wizards who caught wind of me and were testing me. (Most likely the Cabal otherwise I might be deadish =) )
  • Ruffians - members of my dishonored family's network looking to save face
  • Ruffians - members an rival Eladrin house looking to get rid of one of their rival's prodigal son's
  • Ruffians - minions of Daggerdales' enemies wanting some payback for killing their peeps.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
[sblock=Orim's Stats]======= Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
Orim Tyudek, level 1
Deva, Avenger
Build: Isolating Avenger
Avenger's Censure: Censure of Retribution

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 12, Dex 12, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 12.

Starting Ability Scores
Str 10, Con 12, Dex 12, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 12.

AC: 18 Fort: 12 Reflex: 14 Will: 15
HP: 26 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion, Stealth, Streetwise, Perception.

FEATS
1: Armor Proficiency (Leather)

POWERS
1, At-Will: Bond of Retribution
1, At-Will: Overwhelming Strike
1, Encounter: Avenging Echo
1, Daily: Temple of Light

ITEMS
Leather Armor, Greatsword, Holy Symbol, Backpack (empty), Sling, Sling Bullets (20), Bedroll, Pouch, Belt (empty), Rations, Trail, Flute, Sunrods (2), Waterskin
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
[/sblock]

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Defender?

We have 3 leaders, 2 controllers, and 3 strikers so those are covered fairly well.

We could use a single Tanky Defender, of sorts, that can act as an offensive (flanking) and defensive anchor (stickyness), so the Controllers can funnel the death towards them and the plethora of Strikers can break them down, while the Leaders keep us all on our feet.

In either case, with a slew of leaders about, we will most likely survive about any encounter, and will make for quite dynamic combats.

I also have not looked at how Leadery the party's leaders are either.

just my 2 cp

Kamaru

First Post
In all honesty a 3rd dedicated melee upfront is nice. 4 leaders (branched out in various areas so it's a good diversity) should make for little need of a dedicated defender, and movement management should be fine as well I think. I can think of where we'd be at a disadvantage with though but I'm not going to punch holes in our possible defensive or offensive formations till it's tested... don't want to give DM any more ideas either though. :uhoh:

Rathan

First Post
ok guys... I love that you're breaking down pros and cons.. but that only gives me a list of what needs work and what doesn't... I'm not interested in that.... I need a definitive... "Ranger" or "Cleric" answer here... based on what areas we have already covered and what we lack....

I can ASSUME you all are saying the cleric atm is the pick of choice.. but I'd like a definitive answer please so I can know weather to bust out with a new history or not....

Thanks in Advance!,

- Rathan

Kamaru

First Post
My votes goes for Cleric although me telling you what I think you should play is kind of wrong in my opinion, play what you like otherwise unfortunately you're getting shorted if you pick what we need while the rest of us just play what we want and hope it works out. I'd appreciate another brother-at-arms upfront as opposed to a ranged striker. The group roles would be 4 Leaders, 2 Control, 3 Strikers then but half the fun of it regardless is making things work out somehow. :yawn: Your choice really tanks/shields are mostly needed if the more squishy PCs in our party get swarmed. We'll manage or we'll start to die off. That's how the game goes.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases