[OOC-D&D 4e: Forgotten Realms] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

SeaPainter

First Post
There is one at-will that is required of the prot shaman... so I guess that DDI.C.B. didn't add it...

Also, if we need a tank I could probably alter my backstory a bit to fit a warden (which I've been dying to try out anyway). It'd take me about 20 min to make the switch.

Rathan

First Post
to be honest with you.. even though the clerics AC and defenses are a bit squishy themselves I like the fact that we'd have a bit more healing in encounters and honestly I love playing clerics.... and I'm interested to see how my shifter race will be rp'ed once I climb into his skin and start roleplaying with him... cleric it is!

*EDIT!* - Added background for Grendel Holylight in Post #64 Voda for your viewing pleasure :D... I do believe he is done!

Last edited:

Haedril

First Post
Consider me fluffed (and named thanks to a name generator)! I'll probably be adding to the backstory as inspiration comes to me, but the basis of the character is there. I also noticed that I was missing my dilettante racial power, so I grabbed Thunderwave and I figure I can hit a chord on my lute or give a shout when I use it for a more bardic touch.

As a side note, when battle comes, I will be more melee based, but I just couldn't pass up taking Vicious Mockery (I promise not to make fun of their berry-smelling dad and furry little mom, but everything else is fair game).

Also, had one question as per the plethora of sliding allies in the game: for sake of time, will it be assumed that the person doing the sliding is smart enough to place people or will it be more along the lines of the slided person choosing where to slide on their turn?

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
There is one at-will that is required of the prot shaman... so I guess that DDI.C.B. didn't add it...

Also, if we need a tank I could probably alter my backstory a bit to fit a warden (which I've been dying to try out anyway). It'd take me about 20 min to make the switch.

I would feel better with a warden covering my back. How much would you change your back story/ race? I'm just typing out mine.

SeaPainter

First Post
I would feel better with a warden covering my back. How much would you change your back story/ race? I'm just typing out mine.

If I keep the Dwarf race, then mostly I'd eliminate the spirit ancestors (shaman tie-ins). I might try out a warforged, but that'll be a much different backstory...

Walking Dad

First Post
If I keep the Dwarf race, then mostly I'd eliminate the spirit ancestors (shaman tie-ins). I might try out a warforged, but that'll be a much different backstory...

Longtooth shifters make good wardens, too.
And it wouldn't change much of the character to change to Razor claw, if you are still interested in a shared background.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Here is my backroundish thing. I just need mathier stats.
[sblock=tldr;]Orim awoke. He looked around, and knew he had lost something. It was not clear what it was but he knew. Reincarnation is a hard thing to decribe in the common tongue. In some ways, the strongest memory to persist is the feeling of awakening. Never this sense of utter loss. Thoughts flickered. No, this wasn't even the first awakening after the loss. But dying ties me back. He couldn't remember every detail, but his failure to protect the Pharoah, still stings. Looking around the shore at which he found himself, he starting walking to a new life.

Orim was angry. He didn't fit in here. The place he fit is gone forever. Torm is worthy enough but I don't feel as connected as I once did. A mission of protection? That sounds like familiar territory. Perhaps I can't still be at least useful.

A final failure. She is dead. I could not stop, there were too many, and I killed many of them. I am not an instrument of defense, am I? I am cold, brutal vengeance personified, and I don't even know who killed her.

Orem stands 6'3" tall. His gangly body is almost lost in the fold s of his grey cloak. His piercing eyes, too blue to be human, dart about furtively. His gray skin and dull white markings obscuyre his features.

He has been working as a thug and assasin of the weak and helpless. He has fallen prey tio vice and depression.

He gets involved with the mission as he sees the woman he was supposed to protect joining up. She is clearly rattled by the injuries, and does not recognize him. Orim wonders, "Is this my path to redemption?"[/sblock]

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
I have switched out Stealth for Streetwise, and I will be rewriting my history a little bit. The basics will essentially stay they same, I am thinking of moving him from the angsty Unaligned to Good.

Charwoman Gene - that is well written.

biotech66

Explorer
Are you guys still looking for people? I would love to play a Half-elf Cleric multiclassing into fighter who specializes in polearms. I would go Warpriest at 11 and at 16 get marking. Still looking for one more? I would go low charisma from in his background he would be more of an athiest since he blames the gods for his families deaths.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases