[OOC-D&D 4e: Forgotten Realms] A Paid Trip to Spellhold

Voda Vosa

First Post
Are you guys still looking for people? I would love to play a Half-elf Cleric multiclassing into fighter who specializes in polearms. I would go Warpriest at 11 and at 16 get marking. Still looking for one more? I would go low charisma from in his background he would be more of an athiest since he blames the gods for his families deaths.

Sorry, we are full. Even more full than I expected. :p

Consider me fluffed (and named thanks to a name generator)! I'll probably be adding to the backstory as inspiration comes to me, but the basis of the character is there. I also noticed that I was missing my dilettante racial power, so I grabbed Thunderwave and I figure I can hit a chord on my lute or give a shout when I use it for a more bardic touch.

As a side note, when battle comes, I will be more melee based, but I just couldn't pass up taking Vicious Mockery (I promise not to make fun of their berry-smelling dad and furry little mom, but everything else is fair game).

Also, had one question as per the plethora of sliding allies in the game: for sake of time, will it be assumed that the person doing the sliding is smart enough to place people or will it be more along the lines of the slided person choosing where to slide on their turn?
Great, expecting background then. I'll take the second choice of the sliding thingy.

All done? Really? I never even put together a character sheet... Won't have time for a few days anyways...
Don't even mantion it, I was just copy pasting and I overwrote your comments.

There is one at-will that is required of the prot shaman... so I guess that DDI.C.B. didn't add it...

Also, if we need a tank I could probably alter my backstory a bit to fit a warden (which I've been dying to try out anyway). It'd take me about 20 min to make the switch.

By all means choose what you want to play.

ok guys... I love that you're breaking down pros and cons.. but that only gives me a list of what needs work and what doesn't... I'm not interested in that.... I need a definitive... "Ranger" or "Cleric" answer here... based on what areas we have already covered and what we lack....

I can ASSUME you all are saying the cleric atm is the pick of choice.. but I'd like a definitive answer please so I can know weather to bust out with a new history or not....

Thanks in Advance!,

- Rathan

By all means choose what you want to play.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
If you guys prefer and depending on the characters we end up with I am more than happy to play this Dragonborn Halberd wielding Invigoration Fighter. I am tempted to switch....

He will be rather simple. He joined a now disbanded mercenary unit when he was younger and now does what work he can.

[sblock]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
Draaken, level 1
Dragonborn, Fighter
Fighter Talents: Battlerager Vigor
Background: Brother in Battle

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 16, Dex 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12.

Starting Ability Scores
Str 16, Con 16, Dex 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10.

AC: 16 Fort: 16 Reflex: 11 Will: 11
HP: 31 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 10

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics, Streetwise, Intimidate.

FEATS
1: Bloodied Invigoration

POWERS
1, At-Will: Crushing Surge
1, At-Will: Cleave
1, Encounter: Bell Ringer
1, Daily: Knee Breaker

ITEMS
Halberd, Adventurer's Kit, Handaxe (2), Chainmail
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Yttermayn

First Post
Voda, I just realized this is for 4E, which I'm not particularly fond of. Sounds like you've got more than enough players and 'strikers' in particular anyways. So I think I will withdraw from the game, though it sounds very interesting. Good luck with it and I'll see you in all the other games we share!

Rathan

First Post
I'm going with my cleric Voda so you know which I've decided on!!....

If Yttermayn is not playing someone new is more than welcome to my ranger build if they want to use it.. it's there.. it's already done... less work for someone else :D

SeaPainter

First Post
Changed Character to a Longtooth Warden

Updated my character post to reflect the new Longtooth Shifter Warden concept.

WD, let me know what you think of the updated Background. Suggestions?

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
[sblock=stats]Orim Tyudek, level 1
Deva, Avenger
Build: Isolating Avenger
Avenger's Censure: Censure of Retribution

ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 12, Dex 12, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 12.

AC: 18 Fort: 12 Reflex: 14 Will: 15
HP: 26 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +11
Stealth +6
Streetwise +6
Perception +9

Passive Perception: 19
Passive Insight: 15

Basic Melee: Greatsword +3/1d10
Basic Ranged: Hand Crossbow +3/1d6 10/20

FEATS
1: Armor Proficiency (Leather)

Race/Class Features
Astral Majesty: You have a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.
Astral Resistance: You have resistance to necrotic damage and radiant damage equal to 5 + one-half your level.
Censure of Retribution
When any enemy other than your oath of enmity target hits you, you gain a bonus to damage rolls against your oath of enmity target equal to your Intelligence modifier until the end of your next turn. This bonus is cumulative.

At Will Powers
Bond of Retribution: +7 vs. AC / 1d10+4. The first time an enemy other than the target hits or misses you before the end of your next turn, the target takes 3 radiant damage.
Overwhelming Strike: +7 vs. AC / 1d10+4. You shift 1 square and slide the target 1 square into the space you occupied.
Encounter Powers
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes: Add 1d6 to att/sav/skill roll (Personal)
Oath of Enmity Minor Close burst 10. Effect: melee attack, make two attack rolls until end of enc. Special:can choose new target is enmy reaches 0 hp.
Divine Guidance Imm. Int. Close burst 10 Ally gets 2 att rolls versus oath target. (Channel Divinity)
Abjure Undead Close burst 5. 1 undead. +4 vs. Will / 3d10+4 radiant damage, pull the target 5 squares.
The target is immobilized until the end of your next turn.
Miss: Half damage, and you pull the target 1 square.(Channel Divinity)
Avenging Echo: +7 vs. AC / 1d10+4. Until the end of your next turn, any enemy that ends its turn adjacent to you or that hits or misses you takes 8 radiant damage.

Daily Powers
Temple of Light: +7 vs. AC / 2d10+4 Radiant.
The attack creates a zone of radiant energy in a burst 2 centered on the target. The zone lasts until the end of the encounter. When the target moves, the zone moves with it, remaining centered on it. Whenever you hit a creature that is within the zone, that attack deals 1d6 extra radiant damage.

ITEMS
Leather Armor, Greatsword, Holy Symbol, Backpack (empty), Sling, Sling Bullets (20), Bedroll, Pouch, Belt (empty), Rations, Trail, Flute, Sunrods (2), Waterskin
[/sblock][sblock=background]Orim awoke. He looked around, and knew he had lost something. It was not clear what it was but he knew. Reincarnation is a hard thing to decribe in the common tongue. In some ways, the strongest memory to persist is the feeling of awakening. Never this sense of utter loss. Thoughts flickered. No, this wasn't even the first awakening after the loss. But dying ties me back. He couldn't remember every detail, but his failure to protect the Pharoah, still stings. Looking around the shore at which he found himself, he starting walking to a new life.

Orim was angry. He didn't fit in here. The place he fit is gone forever. Torm is worthy enough but I don't feel as connected as I once did. A mission of protection? That sounds like familiar territory. Perhaps I can't still be at least useful.

A final failure. She is dead. I could not stop, there were too many, and I killed many of them. I am not an instrument of defense, am I? I am cold, brutal vengeance personified, and I don't even know who killed her.

Orem stands 6'3" tall. His gangly body is almost lost in the fold s of his grey cloak. His piercing eyes, too blue to be human, dart about furtively. His gray skin and dull white markings obscuyre his features.

He has been working as a thug and assasin of the weak and helpless. He has fallen prey tio vice and depression.

He gets involved with the mission as he sees the woman he was supposed to protect joining up. She is clearly rattled by the injuries, and does not recognize him. Orim wonders, "Is this my path to redemption?"[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Voda, I just realized this is for 4E, which I'm not particularly fond of. Sounds like you've got more than enough players and 'strikers' in particular anyways. So I think I will withdraw from the game, though it sounds very interesting. Good luck with it and I'll see you in all the other games we share!

Sad to see you go. I can only warn you, 4e is going to get you, it will! :D

If you guys prefer and depending on the characters we end up with I am more than happy to play this Dragonborn Halberd wielding Invigoration Fighter. I am tempted to switch....

He will be rather simple. He joined a now disbanded mercenary unit when he was younger and now does what work he can.

[sblock]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
Draaken, level 1
Dragonborn, Fighter
Fighter Talents: Battlerager Vigor
Background: Brother in Battle

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 16, Dex 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12.

Starting Ability Scores
Str 16, Con 16, Dex 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10.

AC: 16 Fort: 16 Reflex: 11 Will: 11
HP: 31 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 10

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics, Streetwise, Intimidate.

FEATS
1: Bloodied Invigoration

POWERS
1, At-Will: Crushing Surge
1, At-Will: Cleave
1, Encounter: Bell Ringer
1, Daily: Knee Breaker

ITEMS
Halberd, Adventurer's Kit, Handaxe (2), Chainmail
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
[/sblock]
If you are more happy playing the dragonborn, then I'm ok with it. We are not crowded by players, so you can choose the one you like the most.

Updated my character post to reflect the new Longtooth Shifter Warden concept.

WD, let me know what you think of the updated Background. Suggestions?
I'll check it out then

[sblock=stats]Orim Tyudek, level 1
Deva, Avenger
Build: Isolating Avenger
Avenger's Censure: Censure of Retribution

ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 12, Dex 12, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 12.

AC: 18 Fort: 12 Reflex: 14 Will: 15
HP: 26 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion +11
Stealth +6
Streetwise +6
Perception +9

Passive Perception: 19
Passive Insight: 15

Basic Melee: Greatsword +3/1d10
Basic Ranged: Hand Crossbow +3/1d6 10/20

FEATS
1: Armor Proficiency (Leather)

Race/Class Features
Astral Majesty: You have a +1 bonus to all defenses against attacks made by bloodied creatures.
Astral Resistance: You have resistance to necrotic damage and radiant damage equal to 5 + one-half your level.
Censure of Retribution
When any enemy other than your oath of enmity target hits you, you gain a bonus to damage rolls against your oath of enmity target equal to your Intelligence modifier until the end of your next turn. This bonus is cumulative.

At Will Powers
Bond of Retribution: +7 vs. AC / 1d10+4. The first time an enemy other than the target hits or misses you before the end of your next turn, the target takes 3 radiant damage.
Overwhelming Strike: +7 vs. AC / 1d10+4. You shift 1 square and slide the target 1 square into the space you occupied.
Encounter Powers
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes: Add 1d6 to att/sav/skill roll (Personal)
Oath of Enmity Minor Close burst 10. Effect: melee attack, make two attack rolls until end of enc. Special:can choose new target is enmy reaches 0 hp.
Divine Guidance Imm. Int. Close burst 10 Ally gets 2 att rolls versus oath target. (Channel Divinity)
Abjure Undead Close burst 5. 1 undead. +4 vs. Will / 3d10+4 radiant damage, pull the target 5 squares.
The target is immobilized until the end of your next turn.
Miss: Half damage, and you pull the target 1 square.(Channel Divinity)
Avenging Echo: +7 vs. AC / 1d10+4. Until the end of your next turn, any enemy that ends its turn adjacent to you or that hits or misses you takes 8 radiant damage.

Daily Powers
Temple of Light: +7 vs. AC / 2d10+4 Radiant.
The attack creates a zone of radiant energy in a burst 2 centered on the target. The zone lasts until the end of the encounter. When the target moves, the zone moves with it, remaining centered on it. Whenever you hit a creature that is within the zone, that attack deals 1d6 extra radiant damage.

ITEMS
Leather Armor, Greatsword, Holy Symbol, Backpack (empty), Sling, Sling Bullets (20), Bedroll, Pouch, Belt (empty), Rations, Trail, Flute, Sunrods (2), Waterskin
[/sblock][sblock=background]Orim awoke. He looked around, and knew he had lost something. It was not clear what it was but he knew. Reincarnation is a hard thing to describe in the common tongue. In some ways, the strongest memory to persist is the feeling of awakening. Never this sense of utter loss. Thoughts flickered. No, this wasn't even the first awakening after the loss. But dying ties me back. He couldn't remember every detail, but his failure to protect the Pharaoh, still stings. Looking around the shore at which he found himself, he starting walking to a new life.

Orim was angry. He didn't fit in here. The place he fit is gone forever. Torm is worthy enough but I don't feel as connected as I once did. A mission of protection? That sounds like familiar territory. Perhaps I can't still be at least useful.

A final failure. She is dead. I could not stop, there were too many, and I killed many of them. I am not an instrument of defence, am I? I am cold, brutal vengeance personified, and I don't even know who killed her.

Orim stands 6'3" tall. His gangly body is almost lost in the fold s of his grey cloak. His piercing eyes, too blue to be human, dart about furtively. His gray skin and dull white markings obscure his features.

He has been working as a thug and assassin of the weak and helpless. He has fallen prey to vice and depression.

He gets involved with the mission as he sees the woman he was supposed to protect joining up. She is clearly rattled by the injuries, and does not recognize him. Orim wonders, "Is this my path to redemption?"[/sblock]
Perfect. I corrected some spelling mistakes in the bg

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Not that I am being impatient, because I am, but are we there yet?

Walking Dad: You got something wrong with Eladrin there, buddy-boy?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases