WotC Fall 2009 Catalog report

JoeGKushner

First Post
Yes, I believe that's correct. As mentioned, that's part of the cost of moving to a semi-nonrandomized model. (It doesn't help that in the past year or so, the cost of everything that even touches minis production has skyrocketed.)

Personally, I think that's going to be offset by the removal of the PC and skirmish-oriented minis. If I'm right, while the price-per-mini is going up, the price-per-mini-I-actually-want may stay pretty flat. . . .

But aren't those trends reversing? Transportation costs for example should be going south not north. When diesel is no longer $5 a gallon...

And labor costs should be shrinking too as factories in China close no?

Can't say anything about the price of plastic, but tin has apparently been coming down as Reaper has recently lowered prices.

Glyfair

Explorer
But aren't those trends reversing? Transportation costs for example should be going south not north. When diesel is no longer $5 a gallon...
Strangely enough, transportation costs are still high (I've seen it in the news media quite a few times). I am not 100% certain why, but suspect that they never bothered to adjust their rates after gas prices fell.

Strangely enough, transportation costs are still high (I've seen it in the news media quite a few times). I am not 100% certain why, but suspect that they never bothered to adjust their rates after gas prices fell.
Off-Topic: It's a fairly well-established trend that most companies are quick to raise prices but slow to lower them. After all, consider the span of time it takes for gas prices to go up and then how long it usually takes for them to drop once the price of oil goes back down. There's also the matter of inflation, but that's a horse of an entirely different color.

I will admit to being cautiously interested in the D&D Hero mini packs. To be honest, about the only use my SW minis get these days is when running RPG sessions (which the GM for my current game is ecstatic about since my collection keeps him from wanting to try and stock up on 'em and thus drawing wife aggro).

Question for the OP: Does the catalog include cover images for Galaxy at War and Scavenger's Guide to Droids? Curious to see if the trend of awesome book covers will continue for SWSE.

Last edited:

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Question for the OP: Does the catalog include cover images for Galaxy at War and Scavenger's Guide to Droids? Curious to see if the trend of awesome book covers will continue for SWSE.
Yes, the catalog includes color cover art for both. If I can figure out how to post images, I will scan and post. Remember, cover art often changes between catalog and release.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Attached are the scans from the catalog. You can decide whether they are awesome or not.

Attachments

• Galaxy at War.jpg
    Galaxy at War.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 9,243
  • Scavenger's Guide to Droids.jpg
    Scavenger's Guide to Droids.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 12,463

chaotix42

First Post
Thanks again thalmin! Those are some amazing covers! I absolutely love the E3 and Plane Below covers! Know what else I love?! EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I am really liking Draconomicon 2 cover. It is a good action scene and shows that just because a dragon is metallic doesn't mean one should mess with it.

Remove ads