The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Rapida

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I may not be able to post till late tomorrow since I've got a database exam and a dnd game tomorrow. So if anything needing me to roll comes up just handle it for me.
Thanks
[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
You follow the tracks alongside the road for about a kilometre before they come out of the woods and join the well worn road. From then on you don't see any sign of the kobold or anything else.

Somewhere near three bells past noon the road takes a turn and a small hill is just on the other side of the bend. Strewn about the base of the hill are the charred remains of several wagons that look to have been headed away from Maoleth. As you get closer you notice several large skeletons lying on the ground. They are broad shouldered, and have an almost reptilian quality to the face. Also off near the treeline Brenwar spots what appear to be a large, dusky gray, tear shaped scale about the size of a grown man's torso.

rumleech

Explorer
Mr Bricks draws his dagger and goes to investigate the scene of devastation assuming that Brenwar would check on the scale.

[sblock=OOC] Perception roll + Shayla bonus. (1d20+8=12)

Keeping my eyes and ears open isn't working too well.[/sblock]

[sblock=Working Stat Block]
Mr, Bricks
Human Rogue 1
Init +4/Passive Insight 16/Passive Perception 17
HP 24/24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6; Surges Per Day 7/7
Action Points 1 Second Wind Unused
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 17 Will 13 - Speed 6 Size Medium Saving Throws +1
Str 12 (+1) Dex 18 (+4) Wis 12 (+1)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 15 (+2)
Basic Attack: Dagger/Short Sword Attk: +5/+4 Dmg 1d4+1/1d6+1
Ranged Basic Attack: Sling/Dagger Attk: +6/+8 Dmg: 1d6+4/1d4+4
Range: 10/20 and 5/10
Powers
Sly Flourish
Piercing Strike
Deft Strike

Positioning Strike
Trick Strike

[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
The wagon seems to have lain where it is for several days. There is a veritable frenzy of tracks surrounding the wagon, most of them similar to the kobold tracks you saw earlier. The bodies number 4 in total, and seem to have been Dragonborn although little remains to identify them as such other then a tattered tabard bearing the symbol of the Iron Legion.

Brenwar hefts the scale, finding it surprisingly lightweight. It has a small piece of leather pinned to the back as a crude strap, although it would be much too small to fit a human sized arm through.

Last edited:

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

"At least the supplies got to Maoleth; a small mercy for these fellows i suppose..." Cheysuli trails off as she crouches beside one of the dragonborn skeletons. After a moment with her thoughts she turns to the others; "Do any of you know the burial customs here in the Jade Kingdom?"

Without waiting for an answer Chey begins to move the bodies off the road, examining the remains closely for any clues or items that may be useful.

[sblock=Search Check]Perception with bonus from Shayla (1d20+1+1=3):.-([/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
DnD game was canned for today so I should be around
[/sblock]
Brenwar hefts the scale and assumes its some sort of shield for a smaller creature, "This appears to have been left by one of the attackers since I doubt they," nodding towards the dragonborn "would carry it."

Rathan

First Post
Keep the item.. we could use it for barter and information later given the chance" the warlock chimes in finally after a long period of silence..... Can we get a bearing on where the tracks flow off and away from this site to at the moment?... or are there just too many to tell which direction the majority of them leave this site to?" Patronis adds as he just tosses random thoughts from his brain as they come to him...

[sblock=Perception Roll:]1d20+2=14[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Miranna helped Cheysuli move the remains of the fallen dragonborn. While she knew little of local custom it seemed that at least some manner of respect for the dead would be appropriate. "Do we want to keep trying to track the kobolds, or do we want to press on towards the village?," she asked as they regrouped- it was as much at once as she had said though the whole rest of the morning's travel.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases