The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

Malanore

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I would prefer it, if going back and forth a couple times is gonna take multiple days I don't think that's fair to the rest of the group. But it's character building thing, not so much a part of this story. If it was a private discussion about the necromancer general we had just slain, it would be much more relevant to the topic and probably better left in the story thread.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]WHO DARES SUMMON ME H-ack!*cough cough* ;)

I'd prefer to have all of the in-character stuff to do with the adventure contained in this thread. But, as you say, taking a couple days for a back-and-forth conversation isn't very fair for your fellows, in this case.

So, I thought of a solution. Go ahead and conduct your conversation over PMs, just make sure to save them in some fashion. Meanwhile, one of you two make a placeholder post during your watch. Once the conversation is done, copy-and-paste the entire conversation into the placeholder post. Then it maintains chronology, and everyone can see it, for posterity's sake. Sound good?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Malanore

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I like it![/sblock]
[sblock=also ooc]finally approved![/sblock]
[sblock=finally ooc]I think were just waiting on the hunt to find out iif were eating rations or roast tonight[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry it took me so long to post.. apparently the 'slashdot' effect effected my subscriptions as well..[/sblock]

Patronis shook his head to the fey... he could wound the animal and stop it from seeing him but that was the best he had.... he attempted to stay upwind of the beast so it would not smell and and if he gets close enough he will blast him with a powerful eldritch might....

[sblock=basic ranged attack]Eldritch Blast: 1d20+4=21, 1d10+4=11[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
The stag dropped to the ground, senseless with a gaping hole in the side of its skull. Whether the staggering assault of mental energy or the blast of eldritch energy felled it was uncertain, but there was no doubt that it was dead.

[sblock=ooc] Great idea Sessadore, I should have thought of that so I could congratulate myself instead of you![/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

The instant that the Stags body thuds to the forest floor, Chey leaps into the air; fist punching the sky "Wahoo!! We're eating venison tonight! Way to go with the blasting."
She turns and reaches to pat Patronis on the back in celebration; then remembers his aviersion to contact, and leaves her hand hanging mid air for a while wearing a silly smirk.

Without much pause she bounds over to the felled corpse and splashing about at the waters edge, checks that the pointer is well and truely dead (not wanting it to suffer unduly). she removes a coil of rope from her backpack and begins to tie its front hoofs together. While her hands are busy at work she looks up at her hunting partner, all the while her eyes spritely with excitement; "Do you like cherrys Patronis? You should see how many you can stuff into your bag and pockets while i get this magnificent fellow ready for transport... Come to think of it, some fresh water would go along way toward a delicious venison and wild cherry stew. Mmm.." She smacks her lips in appriciation for the tastey thought.

After tying the front legs together, she runs the rope down to its back legs and ties them too. When done, she threads her spear through the two loops so that her and Patronis can carry it back to the travellers lodge on their shoulders.

Rathan

First Post
Patronis nodded as he rummaged for a free belt pouch and meandered over to what looked like cherries and looked the the Fey girl to help him out.... Here.... no?... oohh.. chokeberries... right... I'm no expert on nature you know... the warlock uttered as he moved to the area where instructed to pick the sweet yet tart berries and made sure his waterskin was full of fresh clean water before moving to assist Chey in dragging their kill back to camp....

ukingsken

First Post
After a few hours, while Mr Bricks was just putting the finishing touches on his alarms, Cheysuli and Patronis drag their Stag out of the woods and into the open. It appears they were quite successful s not only is the stag enough to feed you all, their pockets also bulge with delicious looking red berries.

rumleech

Explorer
[sblock=Mr Bricks' Plans]
Bricks heads off into the bushes to find a good place where he can watch the camp unobserved. He gets turned around but luckily the woods are not very thick and after a few minutes of stumbling around he realizes hes not quite sure where the camp is. After another 45 minutes or so of stumbling around blindly in the woods he arrives back at the road several hundred metres from the site and slowly creeps back up until he finds a vantage in some shrubs.

[sblock=ooc] If something happens in the first little while of the shift you wont be there[/sblock]
My intention is not to stay out here only to have a quick scout round for useful services - water etc. I'll be spending the night in or near the cottage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads