The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

rumleech

Explorer
Cursing inwardly at the folly of kings Mr Bricks kneels as indicated and following Patronis' lead touches his head to the floor, "Kings like that sort of thing," he thinks. Out of the corner of his eyes he tries to gauge the reaction of the court to the presence of strange peoples like themselves in the presence of the Shogun.

Insight check on Shogun's court. (1d20+6=14)

"Better make sure none these buggers are going to cause us trouble later," he thinks to himself.

[sblock=Working Stat Block]
Mr, Bricks
Human Rogue 1
Init +4/Passive Insight 16 - Passive Perception 17
HP 24/24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6; Surges Per Day 7/7
Action Points 1 Second Wind Unused
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 17 Will 13 - Speed 6 Size Medium Saving Throws +1
Str 12 (+1) Dex 18 (+4) Wis 12 (+1)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 15 (+2)
Basic Attack: Dagger/Short Sword Attk: +5/+4 Dmg 1d4+1/1d6+1
Ranged Basic Attack: Sling/Dagger Attk: +6/+8 Dmg: 1d6+4/1d4+4
Range: 10/20 and 5/10
Powers
Sly Flourish
Piercing Strike
Deft Strike

Positioning Strike
Trick Strike

[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
As you enter the tent you notice a curtain draw across the room about half the distance from the entrance to the opposite side. Hedorai approaches the curtain and then kneels on a rug placed near the center of the room indicating the rest of you should follow suit.

Once everyone has taken there place Hedorai announces your presence.

All kneel before the Platinum Shogun, 5th savior of the Kingdom of Jade, Wielder of the Thousand Edge Blade, and commander of the Iron Legion. Most honourable and courageous leader I beg your forgiveness for intruding but have brought the foreigners as requested.

After a few moments a voice emerges from behind the curtain although it is not what you expected of the general, instead it is feminine and lilting, with a strange quality to the pitch, as if heard perhaps from underwater.

Rise Hedorai, the Shogun has left on important matters and left me to await your arrival. Now rise, I have no time for decorum for I must soon go as well. The shadows do not sleep.

As the curtain parts and you bend your gaze upward a beautiful Genasi woman steps through the curtain. What skin you see is pale blue, with swirls of darker blue here and there. Her hair is a beautiful Jade color and brushes the back of her knees with every step. Dressed in a kimono of exquisite silk and gems she looks like a high court lass of Daunton dressed for a ball.

Now speak your names, and tell me how you will serve us in our time of need. I am Lao Teshlyn, Magus of the Kingdom of Jade and one of the last surviving true nobles, I will tell you what must be done and set you on the road to Maoleth.

[sblock=Mr. Bricks] The only thing strange you notice is that there are no other people present, and it appears that even when the Shogun is here there is room for very few attendants. Similarly his tent displays sparsity you would expect from a common soldier. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Rapida

First Post

Now speak your names, and tell me how you will serve us in our time of need. I am Lao Teshlyn, Magus of the Kingdom of Jade and one of the last surviving true nobles, I will tell you what must be done and set you on the road to Maoleth.
"I am Brenwar Holyshield, a holy servant of Palladys, and I will battle against this darkness wherever you may need my hammer."

ukingsken

First Post
Good, a servant of the light will serve us well. But beware the tide of shadows, it creeps slowly, slides into your mind, twisting and coiling like a snake until you do not remember a time without it.

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

Reposting in case it was missed:
As she follows the group toward the tent, her eyes dart back and forward at the encampment, trying to take in everything new and unusual.
[sblock=Perception Check]Perception (1d20+1=13)[/sblock]

Upon discovering that they were in fact, not, going to meet the Shogun; a ripple of dissapointment flows through Chey, Damn! It seems nothing at all is like it is in the stories. Her face, that is usually so animated with a hundred emotions at once, is suddenly calm, serene (her earrings glow shifts hue slighly, glowing a clear white with only the slightest hint of green).

Chey clears her throat and announces clearly in a fey-like tone:
I am Cheysuli, Called Sage. I am a daughter of the Spirits of nature, and i shall endeavor to restore the balance of life wherever it is threatened.

Last edited:

rumleech

Explorer
The lack of fuss and pomp and not having to show abject obeisance embolden Mr Bricks, "They call me Mr. Bricks, my lady, and I am a thief."

Rathan

First Post
Patronis looks up.... this was not the Shogun after all and he was a little more then 'irked' to be looking up at people.. he HATED being looked down upon after all... he gazed up at the Genasi with power and strength in his eyes...

"Well met M'Lady Magus... I am Patronis.... Warlock at your service.. he said with sheer diplomatic grace and flare... or as well as one could do while not trying to let on he hated authority.... I assure you Lady Magus... whatever issues you are having... myself and my companions will dispatch it for you post haste... the scarred human said with words like that a of bard... very out of place for such a quiet and introverted man... he hoped his words would instill confidence in her ability to trust them...

pathfinderq1

First Post
Miranna stayed near the back of the group- she knew that social dealings were not her strong point. She waited until most of the others had spoken, but knew it would be impossible to avoid a few words on her own behalf. She spoke as low as she could, just loud enough for the genasi woman to hear, but the feral rasp in her speech was still audible so she kept her words brief.

"I am Miranna, called Stormsong. I am a student of both blade and spell."

Malanore

First Post
Shayla was disappointed not to be meeting the Shogun in person. it must have been extremely urgent business to call him away from meeting the outsiders he was enlisting the aide of considering the reputation of the kingdom. Perhaps this sort of practice was more commonplace than was let on? Still, to be standing before someone who had been a prime target and fought off the shadow so long was impressive. Perhaps if her companions didn't present themselves too poorly it could work to their favor to be accepting the mission from a true noble rather than someone who has had the position thrust upon them becaue of their position.

Following the same protocol as if it were the Platinum Shogun, minding her posture, keeping her eyes focused forward, Shayla speaks "I am Shayla Brightleaf, servant of Phoebus, oathsworn enemy of darkness and shadow. It is my sacred duty to destroy creatures of shadow and bring the light to places of darkness. It would be an honor for us to assist the Jade Empire in whatever way we can."

ukingsken

First Post
Magus, these are the warriors I recruited in Daunton. I hope that they please the General and bring honour to our Kingdom. He turns to you and speaks an obviously ritual parting Great deeds and noble deaths warriors, may we meet again in this life or the next.

With that said Hedorai withdraws from the tent. Turning her gaze upon each of you in turn the Magus shoulders relax somewhat and she speaks again, this time in a much less formal tone.

We have little time, I am needed at the front with the Shogun. Normally we would have simply employed the Red River company for this venture, but they are currently indisposed in Daunton and thus we had to seek a less formal group.

We have lost communication with one of our towns in a contested area. While this is not as abnormal as you might think, it has come to my attention through divinations that there is more to it then the simple tides of war.

About 2 days travel north of here is a small village called Maoleth. Before the tide of shadow engulfed our land it was a simple place of farmers and hunters. Since the war it has fallen into land that we still claim, but have little to no power to defend other then maintaining a small garrison in the town.

In the last two cycles of the moon, our messengers stopped returning, and the last supply train is 4 days overdue. My divinations have revealed that some sort of fell influence is growing in the area. While my information is not specific I garnered a single name. Zal' Ekthees, a demigod and former demon worshipped almost exclusively by intelligent undead and necromancers. What this means I am unsure but it can not be good.

Additionally before we lost contact there had been rumors of increased Kobold activity in the area. For these reasons we have hired you and would have you travel to Maoleth and investigate the truth of the malignance I sense and also put an end to the Kobold threat. Each of you will be handsomely rewarded upon your return.

Lao pulls a small pouch from her belt and reaches her hand impossibly far inside pulling out a fistfull of gold. 200 Gold pieces each upon your return. Do we have an agreement?

Last edited:

Remove ads