The Jade Frontier (DM: Ukingsken, Judge: Lord Sessadore)

ukingsken

First Post
Just thought I'd lay out a few things that seem pretty standard around here so we all are on the same page

1) I'd like to see everyone post at least once a day. That just ensures that the game carries on at a reasonable pace. Although from what I've seen so far in the tavern if I can get at a computer a few times early in my morning we might get a lot done that time of day.

2) Rolls should all be done on invisible castle. In the event that it's down we'll either wait, or in case of a prolonged downtime we'll find another solution.

3) I'd ask that everyone include a link to their character sheet either in an sblock or in their signature. Alternatively some people have or are fond of the character summary. Either works for me so long as I dont find myself hunting for someones sheet.

4) If you'll be away for any length of time let me know ahead of time so I know what kind of NPC action to take. This is especially important in combat, and if you're especially slow in responding I will just NPC your character for a round to keep things rolling (don't stress, when I say especially slow, I mean more then 2 days).

5) Everyone try and pick one color for their characters voice. I've chosen purple for me, and unless I have more then one NPC in a convo I'll stick to that.

6) Have fun. We seem to have ended up with a fairly non traditional party so we may end up with some unusual challenges. Any questions just get in touch with me.

The Jade Frontier

Darkness stirs on the edges of the Kingdom of Jade. For five dragonborn generations the Kingdom has struggled to recover under the unwavering leadership of The Platinum Shogun the Kingdom has fought back the shadow and now stands strong. However the Iron Legion is spread thin, with enemies on many fronts. He has turned to outsiders to quietly investigate rumors and convoy disapperances in an outlying community where rumours abound of drak rituals and abnormal monstrous activity.

Players

Mr. Bricks
Brenwar Holyshield
Patronis
Cheysuli Sage
Miranna Stormsong
Shayla Brightleaf

Loot List

Exceptional Shadowscale Shield, 37 SP

Last edited:

ukingsken

First Post
The embassy sticks out from the other buildings like a thorn in a rose garden. The entire building looks like it was designed for battle not diplomacy. Sharp, hard angles compose most of the blocky structure, and the only windows are small arrow slits.

A large Iron door offers the only access, and two dragonborn guards in full plate mail stand guard on either side carrying well notched battle axes.

As you approach the door, the guards snap to attention and in perfect unison demand:

State your business.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=Judge-ariffic]Hi folks. Just chiming in to say that I'll be your judge for this adventure. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Looking forward to reading along; should be fun![/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

Oh! Cheysuli jumps a little at the sudden attention of the guards and their order. Um... I seem to be a little early, must have been four bells, not three. Don't worry about me my scaley fellows, you just enjoy the sunshine; that's what i'm going to do until my friends get here.
She looks about for somewhere to sit a while that is within view of the embassy entrance. Hoping to spy tree to lay in; or at least grassy noll to lie upon and watch the sky, while she waits for the others to arrive.
[sblock=Perception Check] Perception check (1d20+1=21)
Wow, excellent first roll of the campaign, thankyou IC :D[/sblock][sblock=OOC] Hi ukingsken and Lord Sessadore, i'm really looking forward to this campaign; i hardly ever get to play in my regular tabletop group, i'm always the DM, and this is gonna bring back some fond memories of adventuring.[/sblock]Edit: [sblock=OOC]what time is every one on? I'm on GMT (+0), i thought it could be handy to know when everybody is likely to be online.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Malanore

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Not sure if it was decided if I should be in here or not.[/sblock]
[sblock=Shayla stat block]Shayla- Female Elf Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15
AC:16, Fort:10, Reflex:12, Will:17 -- Speed:6
HP:20/20, Bloodied:10, Surge Value:5, Surges left:6/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers
Sacred Flame
Lance of Faith
Divine Glow
Healing Word x2
Elven Accuracy
Channel Divinity
Hunter's Quarry
Beacon of Hope
Group Awareness: Non-elf allies within 5 squares gain a +1 racial bonus to perception checks
[/sblock]

rumleech

Explorer
Mr Bricks strolls up to the embassy so nonchalantly that barely anyone noticed his arrival until he spoke, " 'Ardly subtle, are they? If that's how they build their embassies what are there fortresses like? Only us then? Ah well, I suppose we wait. Just a shame I didn't have me deck of cards and folding table with me, we could have had a nice friendly game of 'find the lady' ".

[sblock=Malanore] I think you'll be allowed in with us , Fireinthedust has stood down and I don't think any one else has laid claim to the game. So, a big hello from me :)[/sblock]

[sblock=Fragsie] I'm on GMT too what with me being a right cockney Londoner, I think you just wake up before me ;) Anyway a big hello to you too.[/sblock]

[sblock=DaBosses] A big friendly wave hello to ukingsken and Lord Sessadore, I'm really looking forward to this, my first game of D&D since 2nd Edition.[/sblock]

[sblock=Working Stat Block- Let's see if this works]
Mr, Bricks
Human Rogue 1
Init +4/Passive Insight 16 - Passive Perception 17
HP 24/24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6; Surges Per Day 7/7
Action Points 1 Second Wind Unused
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 17 Will 13 - Speed 6 Size Medium Saving Throws +1
Str 12 (+1) Dex 18 (+4) Wis 12 (+1)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 15 (+2)
Basic Attack: Dagger/Short Sword Attk: +5/+4 Dmg 1d4+1/1d6+1
Ranged Basic Attack: Sling/Dagger Attk: +6/+8 Dmg: 1d6+4/1d4+4
Range: 10/20 and 5/10
Powers
Sly Flourish
Piercing Strike
Deft Strike

Positioning Strike
Trick Strike

[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Yes Malanore we are glad to have you along! And I myself am on GMT -7 or -4 depending on whether I'm at work or at home. So in theory every morning when I wake up there will be a mountain of posts. Which could go well or not. [/sblock]

[sblock=Cheysuli] You examine the area surrounding the embassy and realise that there are no trees or vegetation of any sort within almost 10 metres of the building. However there is a small garden and pond near the center of the square surrounded by benches. You also catch a fleeting glimpse of 4 more dragonborn through the arrow slits above the gate. [/sblock]

If you have no business with the embassy please step away. You may await your companions there.

He points out the benches in the center of the square then resumes his post.

Last edited:

rumleech

Explorer
Mr Bricks sits on one of the indicated benches and almost becomes part of the background, there but just not interesting.

[sblock=Working Stat Block]
Mr, Bricks
Human Rogue 1
Init +4/Passive Insight 16 - Passive Perception 17
HP 24/24 Bloodied 12 Surge Value 6; Surges Per Day 7/7
Action Points 1 Second Wind Unused
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 17 Will 13 - Speed 6 Size Medium Saving Throws +1
Str 12 (+1) Dex 18 (+4) Wis 12 (+1)
Con 12 (+1) Int 10 (+0) Cha 15 (+2)
Basic Attack: Dagger/Short Sword Attk: +5/+4 Dmg 1d4+1/1d6+1
Ranged Basic Attack: Sling/Dagger Attk: +6/+8 Dmg: 1d6+4/1d4+4
Range: 10/20 and 5/10
Powers
Sly Flourish
Piercing Strike
Deft Strike

Positioning Strike
Trick Strike

[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Cheysuli Sage

Good afternoon.. Mister Bricks was it? Chey smirks at his genial manner. You are quite a jolly one aren't you. I'm afraid i don't know that game, nor any card games for that matter. It's nice that there is at least small places for the Spirits amidst all these buildings is it not? She gestures at the small garden.

Half day-dreaming Chey sofly asks:
Do you know much about this Jade Kingdom? I heard someone say it was quite far away, will it take long to get there do you know?

[sblock=Malanore]I think you should definately be here, The party lack a full-healer so you'll fit right in :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Patronis falls in behind his new-found companions as he looks about at the embassy and other attractions in the area before settling into speech once more.. "Everyone have everthing they need for a journey?.. One can never be too careful...." utters the warlock with a smile in a low... dark.. yet calming voice...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases