(D20 Modern) Coreline: Imagine the impossibilities (interest check/pre-game thread).

"...He worked out of Harvard, but not on toothpaste. He was part of a classified U.S. Army experimental program called Kelvin Genetics. They gave him their resources to do whatever work he wanted, which was primarily in an area called Fringe Science.

When you say 'Fringe Science', you mean pseudo science?

I suppose. Things like mind-control, teleportation, astral projection, invisibility, genetic mutation, re-animation--

Whoa, excuse me for a sec, re-animation? Really? So you're telling me... what? That my father was Dr. Frankenstein?"

On Coreline, the technology has advanced by leaps and bounds. It is a constant clash of magic, psionics and technology, day in and day out, of eras and locations beyond the imagination of most (Pre-Vanishing) men.

Even in a worlds like this, there are technologies and applications for them that are still forbidden. Or are unattainable. Or are still believed to be the fruit of madmen.

And then there's people who will do anything to make them a reality.

And then there's people like The Heroes-who will do anything to prevent them from seeing the light of day... or do so in a more benign matter.

CORELINE:

IMAGINE THE IMPOSSIBILITIES.

This campaign will be somewhat investigation-oriented (well, not there will NOT be action, but...), and for those who *still* have not read anything involving the Coreline, I'll try to take it easy (but just so you know... it's a Massive Multiplayer Crossover of crazy proportions).

Inspiration: Fringe, The X-Files, Bioshock, Dark Angel, Stargate: SG-1, Dark Skies, (A Town Called) EurEka, Eleventh Hour
Character Level: 6.
Points: Hit Points: Full. Action Points: From previous level.
Races: All accepted-full backstory requested.
Books: D20 Modern Corebook, D20 Apocalypse, D20 Past, D20 Future, D20 Future Gear, Urban Arcana, D20 Weapon's Locker, Coreline threads.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
It sounds like an interesting idea. Would the characters be part of an organization, or free agents? New to this 'coreline' or experienced with it?

I'd love to give the mutation rules from d20 Apocalypse a try. What do you think of the Evolutionary advanced class?

Possibly also swapping a +1 LA for some MP?

The characters would be part of an organization (the Boston, Massachussetts F-SWTI) and by the time the campaign starts the setting would be about 6 or 7 years Post-Vanishing.

As for the Evolutionary and MPs, go ahead, if they suit your character.

www.enworld.org/forum/general-rpg-rules-discussion/161399-coreline-d20-modern-d20-besm-setting.html

In short: a setting that is the dark, straight-out-of-a-vault cousin of 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit'. The reason for this clash between reality and fiction is an apocalyptic event, and the world is split between those who survived the apocalypse and are in effect a race of Agent Scullys, those who came after the apocalypse and see all of the insanity at face value (although they still *can* be blind-sided), and the Fictions.

Here's a (hopefully) better explanation on the Coreline setting:

The Coreline setting would be better descibed, as quoted by a friend of mine, like a darker, updated to the 2000's, somewhat post-apocalyptic 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit?'.

The world was affected by an apocalyptic incident named the '23 Hours of Madness' and it's split in three: the Fictions (fictional characters come alive), the Post-Vanishing Humans (90% of Humanity, that disappeared during the 23 Hours and are now brainwashed to accept the Fictions at face value, and have access to Fiction powers like magic and the like), and the Pre-Vanishing Humans (the remaining 10% of mankind, that has become hardened by the madness of it all and is now out for survival-or at least going out guns blazing).

The name of the setting, 'Coreline', comes the belief by many that the Post-23 Hours Earth is the 'CORE timeLINE', the veritable center of the multiverse. Many Alternate versions of many characters roam around and more appear every day. Many agencies and heroes and villains collide with each other, and the incessant clashing has brought nothing but a detente, with many people stepping on each other's toes and ruining each other's plans.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases