WotC puts a stop to online sales of PDFs

Treebore

First Post
I agree this is stupid. WOTC wants to punish me, and every other legal buyer of PDF's, for what pirate distributors are doing. This in absolutely no way is having any impact whatsoever on the thieves who like to illegally distribute illegal goods. If anything WOTC is increasing the demand for their product!

If governments cannot stop the flow of illegal drugs, even when they know exactly where it si coming from, how does WOTC think they are doing anything to stop pirating? All they have done is cut off legitimate and legal customers. All they are doing is taking away our legal options to have digital copies of our books.

So all WOTC is doing is screwing over their law abiding customers. All they are doing is increasing demand for illegal copies. All they are doing is being incredibly foolish and insulting to us, their legal customers.

The only sensible reason I can see for them doing this to prove how those 8 thieves definitely caused WOTC to lose revenue as a direct result of their piracy. Which is required for successful copyright lawsuits.

Still, even so I think this is an incredibly foolish and damaging move, to the point where I think they will regret doing this.

(As an aside, I think it's really, really sweet of WotC to drive customers away to other RPG companies, on what's becoming a semi-regular basis. It shows an admirable willingness to share the RPG market. Kudos, WotC! Ignore these folks telling you it was a bad move ... they just don't understand your corporate altruism.)
hahahahaaa Very Zen.

Filcher

First Post
If you're angry that you can't buy old TSR material, give WotC a month and they'll be selling to you again through the DDI.

If you're angry that you can't download your remaining 5 PDF copies, you should be pissed that RPGnow sold you a product that they can't deliver on.

Wizard is within its rights. RPGnow got caught with its pants down. Your bile is misdirected.

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Just when you think the bad decisions can't possibly keep coming...

You obviously have not spent enough time in a large corporation. Rule 137 of working in a large corporation: Never, EVER believe for a moment that your dumb boss can't make a dumber decision than the one he just made, because he ALWAYS can. It can ALWAYS get worse.

joethelawyer

Banned
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by joethelawyer
I hope Scott Rouse is somewhere with a big bottle of Jack. He's gonna need it. He must feel like the Secret Service guy who was tasked with keeping President Clinton out of trouble with women. :)

Man, I need more XP to give out! This is Golden!:lol:

All XP accepted. I'm so tired of being a second level goblin whatever-it-is. :)

Shemeska

Adventurer
If you're angry that you can't buy old TSR material, give WotC a month and they'll be selling to you again through the DDI.

Anyone think they'll try to somehow use this to promote DDI subscriptions?

That said, anyone else suspect that DDI sales aren't hitting expectations? Character visualizer, dungeon builder, and virtual game table all having had no news in months, getting on a year past when they were originally supposed to launch, and links to info on them getting removed from the DDI page?

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned

If you're angry that you can't download your remaining 5 PDF copies, you should be pissed that RPGnow sold you a product that they can't deliver on.

Wizard is within its rights. RPGnow got caught with its pants down. Your bile is misdirected.

Hahahahaha, what.

Seriously.

What.

I can't think of a logical answer to this OR a snappy response. You're dead serious. You actually think that WotC has done nothing wrong here. I..am speechless.

Remove ads