TURTLEDOME!: Battle Bone (DM: KenHood, Judge: Lord S.)

Reklaw

First Post
[sblock=Kenhood]
Completely understand! Didn’t actually want a reroll, low rolls can make for an interesting game. I just hope that someone else rolls a natural 20 or something just in case this Oni did a little something special between the lines of the contract. Drivan likes his soul the way it is...[/sblock]

mohalloran

First Post
[sblock='Insight']1d20+2->6[/sblock]

Vaunea, not to be outdone, looks over the contract herself. However, without the ability to read multi-syllabic words without great difficulty, she mainly looks at the contract for her name and a doll. After having seen this is writing, Vaunea looks pleased.

"Yes. Me good. I will sign."

She takes pen in hand and puts down a large V.

weldon

Explorer
Finnian watches as the others sign the contract, unfolds his arms, and steps out from behind his compatriots to take up the pen. He motions to the page, checking with the others to make sure he's signing at the right spot, and then makes a scribble below the other names.

While he signs, Finnian adds,

Thank you, Mr. Pitch. Quite looking forward to the match. Ought to be a fair bit more exciting than sitting around and talking about it, I should say.

Finnian keeps his eyes on Mr. Pinch while he signs.

[sblock=OOC]
Insight Check (1d20+4=21)
Finnian can't make heads or tails of the contract itself, but he looks at Mr. Pinch while he signs to see if he notices anything in the director's demeanor that shows deception or cause for concern[/sblock]

Reklaw

First Post
[sblock=OOC]*sniff* I think I smell fire... and it's coming towards the docks! Anyone see the short adventure that's going on right now? Wonder if Mr. Pinch will show up at the scene of the fire and put it out with a few water elementals or something before it gets to the docks... ;)

Oh, btw, nice roll Weldon![/sblock]

mohalloran

First Post
[sblock='OOC']I think in the stomach or wherever we are, we'd have a hard time smelling it. However, it might make looking things up in the library a little difficult. Hope the library is no where near the docks...;)[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Sorry to intrude on your thread - unless KenHood wants to incorporate it, there's no reason the fire should affect this adventure at all (except maybe as flavour text). It's still confined to a few streets so it should be easy to give it a wide birth. If it were bigger than that I doubt it would've been approved!
[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
Thank you, Mr. Pitch...."

Finnian keeps his eyes on Mr. Pinch while he signs.
Mr. Pinch winks at Finnian.

[sblock=To Weldon]Mr. Pinch radiates a sense of smug satisfaction and amusement, but there seems nothing hostile, harmful, or deceptive about his current behavior.[/sblock]

[sblock=About the Fire...]Nah, I'm not going to worry about it in this adventure. Also, the libraries will be unaffected by the fire, because the gods do not permit it, via direct divine intervention, as my character discovered...[/sblock]

KenHood

First Post
[sblock=DM to Players]Howdy,

Just waiting on y'all to sign the contract, then we'll move on to the next part of the adventure.

Go ahead and get your plans together for how y'all want to split up.

Thanks,
Ken[/sblock]

mohalloran

First Post
[sblock='OOC']Yeah, I'm not too worried. I know that three of us have signed and the other two said they'd have limited internet until Friday, at least. So, I guess we hold until tomorrow.

As for me, Vaunea can't really read, so she's probably better getting the Monster-loving crowd something to cheer for! I will be staying back and helping to pump up the people before we start the 'trash talk' part of this quest. Unless something more fun pops up. ;)[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases