Fire! (Dunamin judging)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Daunton is burning!

Fire has already consumed several buildings near the Hanged Man, and it's spreading. A haze of black smoke hangs low over the district, its underside reflecting a hellish glow. From the tavern doorway, you can see merchants braving the smoke to dive back into their stores to rescue precious inventory, homeowners wailing about trapped pets and loved ones, and even a bucket brigade starting up, although there seems to be more arguing than bucket-passing. It's chaos!

Fortunately, the wind is blowing away from the Hanged Man, so it looks like the famous tavern is safe - but that means the fire is being pushed towards the docks! Between the number of wooden ships in port and the banks of valuable and fragile warehouses ringing the area, fire on the docks is every merchants nightmare. If the fire's allowed to spread that far, it could mean disaster!

[sblock=OOC]
Anyone who isn't currently on another adventure can get involved with this short adventure. (No limit on the number of characters taking part.) Post your initial reactions to the fire, in-character, and a link to your character sheet. I'll give it a couple of days to make sure everybody who's interested has posted, and then I'll give the rules for the initial skill challenge.

If anyone misses the initial cutoff and wants to get involved later, PM me - the setup should allow people to join later on, but I want to see how things work out before I promise anything.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Characters]
Kama'zer Anma'giduu, Level 2 Githyanki Warlord
Mri'Thas, Level 2 Githyanki Wizard
Callen Stewart, Level 2 Human Wizard
Ts'iri, Level 2 Githyanki Warlock
Solitaire, Level 1 Human Rogue
Soldier, Level 1 Warforged Fighter
Galinndan Rithkan, Level 1 Eladrin Wizard
Solon Tobari, Level 1 Human Paladin
Goeth Tobari, Level 1 Tiefling Warlock
[/sblock]

Skill Challenge rules are here

Last edited:

Korthala

First Post
Solitaire bounds out of the Hanged Man, and immediately begins organizing the bucket brigade, starting by leveling the most belligerent of the arguers with a right cross.

Listen up, everyone. We're going to form a line, and we're going to get this fire put out. And I swear I'll kill any man that stands in the way of that! She grabs a bucket, fills it with water, and hands it to the nearest person, gesturing to the others to get to work.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kama'zer exits the Hanged Man with controlled haste holding her shield in her left hand and a pitcher of ale in her right hand. The Gith woman looks about to try and find the most strategic point to attack this threat from. A sheen of sweat from the heat quickly beads her features and dampens her long crimson hair. The hellish light from the fire reflects off of her bright chainmail which begins to grow warm even at this distance from the flames. "We need more people if we are to stand a chance against this..." she points out to no one in particular in a matter-of-fact way.

Ozymandias79

First Post
Soldier follows his friend out, and asks Kama'zer, "How may I best help? and can this help?"and he draws his greataxe and it's axeblade begins to shimmer with icy-blue color.

DoublePayBack

First Post
Galinndan rushes out of the tavern and sees the town is ablaze. He quickly joins the bucket brigade and shouts, "Someone move the boats away from the docks quickly before the fire spreads while we try and put out the fire!" As Galinndan heaves buckets to the next in line he looks around to find a larger source of water to put out the flames. "There must be a faster way to extinguish these flames. Does anyone know if the town has a water tower?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"My powers can but delay the unavoidable, if we lack water." The thin wizard states, from behind the hulking warforged points out.

Xer0

First Post
"I too am not of much help here. Unfortunately, my powers allow me to be more of a fire starter than a fire fighter."
"You can still move water, help the hurt get to safety and generally be useful. Every little bit helps." Solon joins the bucket line hauling and moving water from the well to help put out the fire.

"We may need to consider setting up a firebreak to prevent it from spreading further."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"We'll get to that. Come Soldier, we'll get your new axe to a good use." Mri'Thas says. He watches over the main fire, trying to see if there's any flamable material that can be isolated from the flames.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases