D&D accused of being satans game.

Nebrok

First Post
Ok, I think that most D&D players have heard about the misinformed christian views on D&D as a whole. But this has to be the worst thing I have EVER heard. I never new that it was quite this bad... but apparently, according to some christians, D&D is the gateway into satanism and is a cult recruting tool! This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard, but some people acrualy beleive this stuff. Here is the link to the website I found when searching for D&D based web comics.

Dark Dungeons

There is even an aritical in this site that states "...the second issue is that the materials themselves, in many cases, contain authentic magical rituals." Well this is news to me because I have almost all the book and have never seen any of that... EVER.

And just the make sure nobody misunderstands me, I do not in any way beleive this load of garbage. To me this is just some over zealous christian attack on a perfectly innocent and harmless activity.

I'm just interested in hearing other peoples thought on this, the sheer ignorance of it all makes my head hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:

AngryMojo

First Post
This has actually been around for a very, very long time. When you get the chance, check out the Wikipedia article on the D&D Controversy. It's very educational.

Stormtalon

First Post
First time running into a Chick tract, eh? That thing's from the big D&D satanism freakout of the 80s or so.

Heck, if they ever put out new ones, I'll be secretly pleased, as that means D&D is hitting the public consciousness again in a big way.

jgsugden

Legend
Wait, it isn't a gateway game into satanism and cults?

!!!!

HAVE I BEEN WASTING MY TIME?

I was sure this was going to get me in the club!

Doug McCrae

Legend
I can believe all that gateway to occultism and suicide stuff but a D&D group where four out of seven players are female? That could never happen.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases