Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Rising Season 1

G

Guest 11456

Robert shakes his head after Bob has gotten off the phone. "I'll tel you what I'm not going to do. I'm definitely not going back there. They didn't discuss anything with the two I saw taken. They knocked them out, put them in a car and took them to a facility outside of town. It was heavily guarded. There is no way I can get in alone without setting off an alarm. It was the woman that knocked them out. I think she might have a power. If I hadn't of grabbed you, you would be seeing the inside of that facility right now. Same thing will happen if you go back to talk to those guys. We need to find someplace safe."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Jemal said:
The man in the suit steps quickly over to Nightshift as the three of them cover the remaining three terrorists.
"There's a boy outside who needs your help, back through that hole. You need to get him out of here, before the Agency shows up. I can't explain everything now, but trust me you need to get the two of you out of here NOW. The two of us can handle these guys."

That seems plain enough. AND the hostages have been freed...

Still, Rawling can't help fretting : "And you are?"

<Response MIB?>

"I'll help the boy." He's off and running, radio switched to send : "Attention Captain Maza : Seven hostiles under guard in gym. Two wounded. Situation under control. Repeat, situation - under - control. Recommend you move in."

<Response Police?>

[Sblock="Actions"]I figure he got the name of the man in charge listening-in on the police radio. Change it to what it actually is if it's an NPC of yours, please.

Double move through the gaping hole in the wall and beyond, Notice set on stun.[/Sblock][Sblock="Selfish bastard"]Arg! My critical hit, my beautiful critical hit! <sniff> gone forever... ;)[/Sblock]____________________________________________________________________
Binder Fred, suggesting the entirely groan-worthy "Cain and A-Bomb" for the brothers. :)

Arkhandus

First Post
Bob nods, looking worried. "But, where do I go? They know where I work and where I live. And they say they're from the gummint. I don't even know how they found out that I got some kind of ability..... I don't have a secret lair to hide in! What am I s'posed to do now......?" Bob complains, looking to the other man for advice. Bob is clearly not used to this kind of stress....

Andor

First Post
-Metro High

Exterior
Shaking his head, Roy hears movement behind him and sees Super-Terrorist staggering back to his feet, clutching his bloody head.

OOC: I take it you didn't buy my mask = free action idea? :p

Ok. Here we go again folks. Kid Super lifts unsteadily off the ground and flies in a tall arc to hover about 10' off the ground right behind the woozy badguy. "Look. We're both hurt. That scream from the gym sounded like your lunatic of a brother, the kids are free and cops are everywhere. Whatever you were after you've failed. Why not give up before anyone else gets hurt?"

[sblock=occ]for all the good it'll do, since his entire class saw what happened in there.

Sure, kinda. But most of them didn't get a good look being either on the ground or behind other students, and it all happened pretty fast. Besides without proof will they be believed?

... but mostly Roy isn't that bright and isn't thinking about that. :D[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Metro High
Gym
Still, Rawling can't help fretting : "And you are?"
"Just about the only friend you got right now." He slips one hand into his pocket and pulls out a card, handing it to Rawling while keeping his gun trained on the remaining terrorists, who seem unsure what to do at this point.
"Call me in an hour, and we'll set up a meeting so I can fill you in more."

As he finishes speaking, Nightshift dashes off into the hole, meeting the fleeing 'super-terrorist' about half-way, and hearing the shout of "HOLY &#%! THAT KIDS FLYING" waft in from outside.

Just after nightshift leaves, the doors open, and Gordon and Cassandra rush into the Gym, only to stop short at the sight in front of them.. 3 masked men pointing guns at a single agent while bodies of unconscious or handcuffed terrorists lay around them.

The agent looks up at the two, and his eyes glaze over for a second "Oh for the love of.. Is this a freaking convention?"

Exterior

Super-Terrorist looks up at Roy, mouth hanging open as the kid FLIES, but before he can recover and respond..

"HOLY &#%! THAT KIDS FLYING" someone shouts, and before he knows it, Kid Super is the center of attention. The terrorist doesn't like this one bit and takes off running back into the building as police and reporters close on Roy's location.

*NEWS*
"...Here with an update on the crisis at Metro High. I'm getting reports that the hostage situation may be over, though no information as to how or when this happened. Wait.. We're getting a live feed now.."
*The camera changes to a view of the school, police trying to usher children and parents away as the camera pans around. "HOLY &#%! THAT KIDS FLYING" can be heard from nearby, and as the camera swivels, a dark figure can be seen rushing in through a hole in the brick wall, and floating 10 feet off the ground is what appears to be a young man with a mask over his face.*

[sblock=ooc]
Please don't post multiple actions. If your character is talking to someone, don't then post that he goes and does something else After the conversation, unless you're planning on leaving with a couple secons regardless of what the person says (AKA walking out while they're talking).

To the two bobs - You're currently free of DM Update material until either the cops arrive or you head out and interact with NPCs.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Oh hell," Cassandra swears, and ducks back through the doorway out of sight. She calls, "I'm not armed! I'm with a newspaper! Don't shoot!"

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
So just for the record you walk into a scene with three terrorists and a single agent having a mexican stand-off and your response is 'say cheese'?
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
[sblock=OOC] - Er...somehow, I totally misread the situation. For some reason I missed that the 'masked men' were more terrorists. I thought they were some kind of third party. Okay, editing. :))[/sblock]

Andor

First Post
Metro High
"HOLY &#%! THAT KIDS FLYING"

Oh crap. Roy's eyes flash pink and grey as he alternates between confusion and embarassment. He's missing his costume (crappy as it is) and he's hurt, this is not how he anticipated his big debut. He gives a feeble wave to the camera then flies off at surprising speed, retaining barely enough situational awareness to not head straight towards his house.

[sblock=occ]I forgot to ask before, but have any of the various powers getting thrown around tripped Roy's mental awareness?[/sblock]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Scattered desks, blasted accoustic tiles, whatever happened here certainly made a thorough mess of things.

Nightshift is midway through the carnage, closing in on an *even bigger* hole in the opposite wall, when he...

Jemal said:
meets the fleeing 'super-terrorist' about half-way, and hears the shout of "HOLY &#%! THAT KIDS FLYING" waft in from outside.

"Hold it right there!" He booms out, gun at the ready.

[sblock="Actions"]Free= Activate Duty Revolver slot if it isn't already
Move= As needed to get A-bomb well lined-up
Standard= "Don't Move" Command Voice, Will save 20.

HERO POINTS: 1 used, 1 left
HEALTH: Healthy
DEFENSE bonus: 20 [10 + 3Base + 7Shield power] ---> FLATFOOTED 11
TOUGH 10 [0Base + 3con + 7Costume power]
FORT 3 [0Base + 3con]
REF 7 [4Base + 3dex] (Area effect = no dam on succ save)
WILL 10 [8Base + 2Wis][/sblock][sblock="OOC"]
Please don't post multiple actions. If your character is talking to someone, don't then post that he goes and does something else After the conversation, unless you're planning on leaving with a couple secons regardless of what the person says (AKA walking out while they're talking).
Which was the case here, I think. Both parties were in a hurry so it seemed to fit. To be totally accurate, though, I should have said : Standard action=Hear reply, Move=run out... Sorry about that.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases