Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Rising Season 1

Shayuri

First Post
For her part, Cassandra is staring up, aghast, at the hole in the ceiling that the terrorist has flown out through. Her mouth dangles open for a second, then she starts repeating, "Oh my god..." in a horrified tone.

"Oh my god...what did I DO? Oh my god! I didn't..."

She looks at Nightshift, not really seeing him but registering that he's talking to her.

"I didn't mean to do that! I just wanted to get him up and out...maybe hold him up away from the school! I didn't...I can't even see him anymore! I lost him! He's going to fall all the way back down, and I don't even know WHERE! Oh my god, I'm a murderer..."

She puts her hands to her temples and turns to lean her forehead against the gym wall next to the hole to the library.

renau1g

First Post
"You can worry about that later, for now we gotta get out of here, unless you want the feds or another of those government agencies to be poking and prodding you" The Crystal says, moving close to the woman, keeping himself between her and the agent, eyeing the latter warily.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
<ooc> don't know how it works to interrupt your own actions, but here goes:

"Or," contradicts the helmet-wearing man by the bomb -- except he's no longer there. He's quick-marched his way to the reporter's side while the crystal man was speaking and is now laying a hand on her shoulder. She feels warmth radiating out from the contact point before her vision streaks with black. Then -

Then they're both out in the open, three feet off the ground -- which happens to be a library roof in this case. Nightshift comes to a stop after a very passable roll, though he *is* breathing quite hard and doesn't get up right away. "Catch him!"

[Sblock="Modified actions for this round"]Move=Move to Cassandra's side
Move= Use extra effort to teleport them both up on the roof through the hole Cassandra made. If there's a skylight or the like, teleport to the edge of that instead.

After the "how high can Kid Super throw somebody" discussion, I figure A-Bomb is still in the air... for quite a while too if Cassandra went for the whole half mile. :) If Nighshifts's actions take more than a round as described (i.e. the initial teleport to the bomb still occurs or something), assume he'll complete the roof teleport next round.

7 rounds to bomb explosion.[/Sblock]_______________________________________
Binder Fred, catching fly balls with the kids.

Last edited:

Andor

First Post
[Sblock="Modified actions for this round"]
7 rounds to bomb explosion.[/Sblock]

[sblock=OCC]*snerk* The good news is we saved the life of a psychotic, brother obsessed, superpowered terrorist.
... The bad news is we blew up the school.

... *Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha snort*[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Bobby Reddington, "Red Impulse"

"Woah!" Bobby says as Robert lurches to a stop and drops him off. Getting his bearings, Bob sees the two masked men running this way, and says "Hey fellas, aren'cha a li'l old fer school? Well, ne'er mind, yer dismissed."

As he talks, Bob focuses his will, and a crackling red field of energy, almost appearing electrical, encases him. He stretches out his arms towards the masked men, palms forward, and his energy field flickers as he sends a pair of crackling red bolts at the terrorists. Bob steps closer to the terrorists as he launches the force-bolts, though launching them halts his forward movement for a second.

[sblock=ooc]Rolled initiative of 12, fooey. Second roll is my attack of 17 to hit (Split Attack uses one roll versus all targets).
1d20+10=12, 1d20+12=17

Free action activation of his Psychokinetic Shield (Impervious Force Field 11). Standard action activation of his Psychokinetic Bolt (Blast 8, using its Split Attack to divide it among two targets at Blast 4. Range increment 40 feet with the Split Attack, and I have Precise Shot 2 if it matters.

Moving forward 30 feet with Move-By Action as I blast, or at least moving far enough to reach the terrorists if they're closer. If I only have a standard action this round, then I'll only take a 5-foot step instead of a move action.[/sblock]

Binder Fred

[sblock=OCC]
*snerk* The good news is we saved the life of a psychotic, brother obsessed, superpowered terrorist.

Psychotic? This is the brother who was apparently against hostage-taking and was trying to prevent "anybody getting hurt" (before Kid Super tossed his brother into a wall, of course). None of the two appear particularly insane to me, but -eh- YMMV.

The bad news is we blew up the school.
What ever happened to "so much problem with your character heroically shooting them in the foot"? ;)
[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Metro High
-Roof-
The two appear on the roof of the school in time to see the terrorist falling. he appears unconscious.
As Cassandra prepares to attempt catching him, they hear a shout from the library below "Hey guys, you forget something?"

-Hallway-
Bobby channels his energy into a bolt which zaps the two terrorists, dropping them both. As he turns to Robert grinning, however, he sees a trio of men in suits standing 50' down the hallway, the lead one removing his glasses and grinning "Well well.. fancy luck that, I was hoping to bag some freaks today."

-Gym-
"Look, Big Red, there's a half dozen agents coming in, this is no time to get over-protective unless you want to end up getting someone killed." The agent steps around Crystal "Look this guy can tele... Where the hell did they go?" the Crystal glances back and the two of them notice that Cassandra and Nightshift are gone. As the agent looks around for them, the two hear a crackling of energy from the hallway, followed by shouts of pain.

"What the hell? Damit, no choice..." The man closes his eyes for a second and when he opens them, the Crystal sees they are glowing green. "Three on the roof; two in the hallway; you, me, and two others in the gym here.. can't sense any others nearby." He squeezes his eyes again and the glow dissapears. "Did you come with some kinda team or something? I've never sensed this many powers in the same place before."
He calls up through the hole "Hey Guys, you forget something?"

[sblock=ooc]
No these men in the hallway are not the same agents from the comic store, though they're dressed the same (Which is to say Agent-wear and guns/Tazers)

Also, everybody - please refrain from OOC only comments in the IC thread.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The Crystal will sigh, and odd sound coming from such a large, crystalline creature, at the agents words, thinking "Why'd you have to go and be the hero? Shoulda left the scum for the feds, now they're going to pull and prod my like they've done with those aliens down in Area 51".

After the agent reveals his powers, The Crystal speaks "I do not know these individuals. I arrived to stop criminals, I have been gifted this power and intended to use it to help innocents."

Binder Fred

<Delay action till Cassandra catches him, please. Then:

"Good work! Be right back," he tells green-eyes with a reassuring pat on the leg (he's still kneeling at this point). He then forces his way to a standing position, gathers speed and *leaps back down the hole*...

Three meters off the ground Rawling blurs and reappears between the other two, facing the agent : "You and your partner have your own way out?"

<Response agent?>

A look back and up, way up : the thing is HUGE, twelve feet if he's an inch! Mitch swallows... "You?"

<Response The Crystal?>

[sblock=Actions]Standard=set a To Me Teleport trigger on Cassandra, who may experience another bout of warmth or equivalent if she's not too distracted.
Move= Teleport back down into the library

HERO POINTS: 1 used, 1 left
HEALTH: Fatigued
DEFENSE bonus: 20 [10 + 3Base + 7Shield power] ---> FLATFOOTED 11
TOUGH 10 [0Base + 3con + 7Costume power]
FORT 3 [0Base + 3con]
REF 7 [4Base + 3dex] (Area effect = no dam on succ save)
WILL 10 [8Base + 2Wis][/sblock][sblock=OOC]
Jemal said:
"Look this guy can tele... Where the hell did they go?"
LOL. Funny. :D[/sblock]_____________________________________
Binder Fred, all aboard that comes aboard!

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Bob mutters "Uh-oh......we'd better split!" He focuses again for a second, and his crackling red field flashes, a burst of energy propelling him at high speed. With that, he runs through the halls to find where the masked men (terrorists! he thinks) ran from, probably finding the gym after a quick run around the halls they came from.

"Hey, where're the other terrorists? Who're you?" the red, white, and blue-costumed stranger says when he arrives in the gym. His costume looks hastily donned, and it's obvious that he's wearing another set of clothes underneath. He looks around and just sees a few different people, who don't exactly look like terrorists. "......Are you them?" he questions warily. 'That guy looks funny......' he thinks, looking at The Crystal. His crackling aura remains active, like tiny arcs of red-hued lightning playing across his body.

[sblock=action]Using Psychokinetic Surge (Speed 1) to move at 10 MPH.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases